Gransnet forums

Chat

Pulling on my big girl pants.

(14 Posts)
Pittcity Fri 17-May-19 16:59:09

The ad at the bottom of this thread was for Agent Provocateur and the pants were tiny!

Jane10 Fri 17-May-19 16:44:59

Splendid big M&S pants are very lightweight and comfortable. Smooth outline too. They're called 'midi' but they seem maxi to me and all the better for that.

lemongrove Fri 17-May-19 10:05:44

kitty ?

Gonegirl Fri 17-May-19 10:03:42

Less in the washing machine too. And to get dry afterwards.

Gonegirl Fri 17-May-19 10:03:10

Just wear bikini pants all year round. You won't see them once they are on. I never notice mine, summer or winter.

kittylester Fri 17-May-19 08:53:47

Life is too short to be uncomfortable in big girl pants but also too short to wear anything other than big pants- any other type roll under my big girl tum!

JackyB Fri 17-May-19 08:50:05

Dresses and skirts are no good with me and my tum. They hang down so far in front of my knees that they make me look the shape of a huge toilet roll.

Anything below the knee also drags the focus downwards and makes you look shorter.

I haven't found the ideal solution yet, other than lose 3 stone, but separates are the way to go, I think, with a loose blouse over trousers. The top half of the silhouette should be wider than the bottom, but without the "two matchsticks stuck in a potato" effect. Definitely don't squash it all in - if this summer is anything like last year's you'll be red in the face and continuously reaching for the smelling salts.

Jane10 Fri 17-May-19 07:44:47

The bigger the better with pants!

BlueSapphire Fri 17-May-19 07:15:00

Similar build as first two posters; I just carry on wearing my big girl pants and hope for the best!

Feelingmyage55 Thu 16-May-19 21:21:20

Same dilemma added to which I cannot find my bag of summer clothes.

lemongrove Thu 16-May-19 21:17:01

Or.....buy very loose fitting dresses.

lemongrove Thu 16-May-19 21:16:05

How about ‘firm but feminine’ grin and nothing that will induce you to faint as it grips like a python after the evening meal.
Something with lace on.?

SirChenjin Thu 16-May-19 18:30:42

My tummy and I are watching this thread with interest! My build is similar to yours and I tend to got for big cotton pants with a big of oomf in them as opposed to the sweat-inducing suck-it-all-in type knicker plus clothes that disguise it like a line dresses or dresses with a small pleat type thing at the front

wetflannel Thu 16-May-19 18:19:51

With summer looming (we hope) it's that time to bring out the skirts and dresses, after being clad n jeans/trousers and sweaters for months. Dilemma is my round tum,although only 5 foot 1 inch with slim arms and legs I do have a tummy. Now do I forage in the drawer for all the different types of pull it all in,tuck it all up big girls pants for that super silhouette in said dresses and skirts,or at the grand age of 67 say sod it and let it all hang out.