Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(34 Posts)
12Michael Sun 19-May-19 06:16:59

I have woken to clear blue sky's this morning, today usual day will have a salad lunch.
Then afternoon with cycling on TV.
Yesterday, in Buckingham the flea market stallholder who I get maps from did not turn up because the wet weather yesterday.
Must get my weight down as well , had a 2 course Chinese take away , Won Ton Soup, and Singapore Vermicelli .
Mick

Mapleleaf Sun 19-May-19 10:43:29

Morning all,
It’s brightening up nicely here in SY, so I’ll be out in the garden doing some more jobs soon. At the moment though, I’m keeping out of the way whilst DH fits a mini porch over the back door. Once that’s done, I’ll be able to get on.
Going out for lunch this afternoon for a change, so I’ve no dinner to prepare today.
Gilly I had an infestation of big fat greenfly on my lupins last year. The soapy water helped a bit but in the end I had to resort to wiping them off with kitchen roll and squishing them. The birds also helped a bit! They don’t look so bad this year, but the greenfly have taken more interest in the roses and honeysuckle, so down to the same strategy of wiping them off. Good luck!
Hope you all have a good day.

Elisabeth68 Sun 19-May-19 10:13:55

My 3 sons and their families all live abroad (USA and Asia)
My instant delightful moment is when one of their numbers comes up on my mobile to ‘ see how you are Mum’

NannyJan53 Sun 19-May-19 10:13:36

Good Morning from a cloudy Black Country.

Woke around 6am, turned over and the next time I looked at the clock it was 950am, so not long up.

No real plans today, but have a busy week next week as out every day, so a relaxing day I think.

Have a good day everyone.

loopyloo Sun 19-May-19 09:55:06

Morning Mick and everyone! Today, I should go to allotment and cut the grass and sow lots of seeds. Home here a friend has given me lots of plants that need watering and planting. Plants have arrived by mail order so need urgent opening and planting.
My blood sugar was high this am so must have a strict low carb day and exercise.
Instead of which I am indulging in Gransnet.
Have a great day folks!

Legs55 Sun 19-May-19 09:49:26

Good morning all, sunny & breezy here in Devon, may not last though. Just having a lazy morning as usual on a Sunday reading the papers, crosswords & sudoku once I've had breakfast I've been up for a while just can't eat breakfast straight away .

Have a good day everybody & hope the weather stays fine

Hymnbook Sun 19-May-19 09:47:20

Morning up early today. Sunny here in Nottinghamshire . Going to a new church this morning first time lve been for along time.

Greyjoy1953 Sun 19-May-19 09:41:28

Morning Mick and all, another grey start to the day but hopefully the sun will appear later as yesterday. Have a party this afternoon and evening to celebrate my sons engagement.

Have a good Sunday all.

oldgaijin Sun 19-May-19 09:38:25

Good morning from a damp Aberdeenshire...at least it's not raining.
Have been in bed for a day and a half with an infection, I think. Nearly called 111 but feel much brighter today, just what I need before chemo on Tuesday, but shall ring the helpline to make sure that it can go ahead. No mutt romps in the woods yesterday, so he is a bit disgruntled.
Am expecting a visit from two good chums this afternoon, who both have a wicked sense of humour, so that should cheer me up.
Have a good day everyone.

Harris27 Sun 19-May-19 09:13:59

Good morning from a beautiful bright NE it's sunny again! Had lovely evening had sister over for a meal last night seven weeks since mam died and we've been keeping busy but not seeing much if exh other so last night remedied that. Going to sons Later. Have busy week ahead so not doing too much today. Enjoy your wedding dress shopping Mary doll x

BlueSapphire Sun 19-May-19 09:10:46

Good morning everyone; nice and sunny ? in Northampton today. Hope it stays like it as I am going to DS's this afternoon for a barbecue.

Had a lovely lunch out with DD and DSIL yesterday; went to a favourite place where DH and I used to go a lot. Brought back many happy memories.

Successful outcome for Northampton Saints rugby yesterday, even though we lost - Wasps obliged by defeating Quins, giving us a place in the top four play offs. Our best season for years.

Still no hot water of course; will call British Gas tomorrow to see what progress is on the new hot water tank.

Hope the weather stays nice for us all.

Sprout Sun 19-May-19 09:01:54

Morning Mick and all. Bright but cloudy day in this part of Kent. Went back to bed after dogs got me up at 6.00. This morning. Have a good Sunday everyone what ever you are doing.

Anniebach Sun 19-May-19 08:55:58

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

gillybob Sun 19-May-19 08:46:31

Good lick? Are you eating lollies while wedding dress shopping I wonder Marydoll ? Good Luck !

Oh the rest is gobbledygook too....I give up grin

gillybob Sun 19-May-19 08:44:55

A beautiful sunny start here on the NE coast.

Just enjoying a second cuppa before deciding whether to work in the garden or polish my car? Living so close to the sea the cars get covered in a kind of salty dust which can erode the paintwork. I doubt I’ll ever get another one and the whole family rely on my car, so I need to look after him very carefully. At least I have got the A/C fixed (£85 oh dear) , but really couldn’t do without it, so I suppose it was money well spent.

We seem to have an infestation of greenfly and not sure how to get rid. I’ve never seen so many on one plant (a lupin) in my life. I’ve tried soapy water but it hasn’t helped much so probably will have to resort to a bug spray or else dig the poor thing out and get rid . Any ideas?

Well done your DGS NanKate it’s true that seeing your children and grandchildren happy is like a ray of sunshine isn’t it ?

Good lick with the wedding dress shopping Marydoll I would love to try some on myself . Do take it easy though.

I’m sorry to hear you are still have I got chest pains that are keeping you awake harri I hope you are looking after yourself as well as your DH.

Anyway whatever you do today. Have a good Sunday x

travelsafar Sun 19-May-19 08:27:08

Really foggy when i got up earlier this morning but i think it is now starting to clear.Off to see my son and DIL this morning for a coffee and catch up, they returned from Cyprus last weekend. This afternoon i am in a bowls match so hoping it stays dry.
Have a lovely day what ever you are doing smile

harrigran Sun 19-May-19 08:23:06

Good morning from a lovely sunny NE.
I had a very poor night, awake with chest pain and only lay down at 5am.
Quiet day for us with the newspapers.

Grammaretto Sun 19-May-19 08:20:33

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it has stopped raining but is very wet underfoot.

Marydoll you were supposed to rest up, not go wedding dress shopping! Take care xx

Hoping for a rest myself after yesterday's delightful mayhem. I hosted a 'get creative' day in my pottery.

Hope you all enjoy the day whatever you get up to.

EllanVannin Sun 19-May-19 08:20:25

Good morning All x
Weather again can't make up its mind what to do. It's not cold, just a bit on the dull side with the odd patch of brightness. I have a feeling that we've got some heat on the way.

I've got a couple of oranges to use up so an orange drizzle cake today----should keep me going for a couple of days ! So easy to knock up and so much nicer than bought.

I was watching dozens of busy bees enjoying the Cytisus ? yesterday so had to keep the patio door closed in case they came buzzing indoors. They looked as though they were enjoying themselves, hovering.
I'm going to have to thin it down after flowering though as it's really spread----considering it was just a little plant not many years ago it's gone mad.

Hope today goes well for everyone. I do so admire Mick's jaunts smile

Greyduster Sun 19-May-19 08:19:14

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Not a bad start to the day in South Yorkshire. I slept badly, but we are off early to watch GS play football, and then a quiet day. NanKate well done to your GS for his award - I hope there is plenty of space on the sideboard for trophies to come.
Pitt I envy your DH - tell him I have to do my own fishing laundry! Have a good day folks.

aggie Sun 19-May-19 08:17:48

Good morning all , it is sunny at the moment , i hope it stays dry at least till we get the mornings event over , it is 1st anniversary Mass for OH and loads of his cousins will be coming , coffee and tea in the garden would be handier than in doors . He would be grumbling at the fuss , bless him

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 19-May-19 08:16:55

Good morning from east London, bit dull at the moment but could brighten up. Cakes to make this morning for the tennis match tea, short choir performance at the toy library fayre then the tennis match at 5. Have a good day.

Marydoll Sun 19-May-19 08:03:37

Morning all, it's a bit grey here in Glasgow.

I have been awake since 4am, after sleeping all day yesterday.
All the nausea and dizziness returned yesterday, I'm still suffering from the side effects of the medication which put me in hospital. A totally wasted day.

On a much lighter note, Today my DIL, daughter and I are going to look for a wedding dress. We had to previously cancel our appointment, as I was in hospital. Fingers crossed! My poor daughter has realised she is running out of time. (Her fault, not mine! She is a procrastinator).

Kate, what a boost for your wee grandson and the added bonus, your husband is back!

I hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Pittcity Sun 19-May-19 07:58:38

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Spits and spots in the air but quite warm.
Typical, as I have DH's fishing laundry to dry.
Sunday lunch out today.

kittylester Sun 19-May-19 07:50:59

.Morning all. My bit of Leicestershire is quite bright with high white cloud.

I am helping on an Alzheimer's Society stall at an Asian Doctors' Networking Event - I hope there is food.

Well done to your dgs, kate.

Urmstongran Sun 19-May-19 07:29:24

Good morning everyone from a cloudy and dull South Manchester. No plans today but might offer to have the smalls for a couple of hours later - a change of toys and four walls for them and giving their mummy & daddy chance to get on with whatever. We’ll see.

Mick we had Singapore vermicelli too from a takeaway whilst we were babysitting last night! Snap. We share one of the long foil trays as the serving is so large and I spend my time sifting out any prawns before I eat, putting them into my husband’s bowl. Even as I transfer them I shudder looking at the tiny black eyes. Did you eat your soup with the specially wide Chinese spoon you bought a while back? Lovely.