Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(39 Posts)
12Michael Mon 20-May-19 06:08:33

Good Morning Everyone,
A grey start here in Brackley but its dry, up a slightly earlier time.
Today its first of the year bi annual diabetes blood tests see the nurse in 2 weeks time for result.
Have been drinking loads of water , will continue this prior to going to the surgery.
Mick

DoraMarr Mon 20-May-19 08:58:40

Good morning from sunny Birmingham. I’m going to the opticians this morning for a scan, which means drops in my eyes and a blurry afternoon. My partner will come and collect me, and we’ll have lunch in Moseley.
I’m thinking of joining Silver Swans this evening- I know one of us does it, and it looks fun, but will my knees be up to the pliés?

oldgaijin Mon 20-May-19 08:59:40

Good morning from a grey Aberdeenshire, thickly shrouded in sea haar.
Am away to the woods with the mutt this morning, to give him a long run with his mates...yesterday he had to make do with a twenty minute tussle with his best pal Paddy, hilarious to watch and both were exhausted!
Feel better today, so I think it will be an ironing day, a wee snooze then finish tomato pots in greenhouse.
My visitors yesterday bought me a delightful, coral coloured miniature rose in a pot, so I shall plant it in a sunny spot in the border when it goes over,
Have a good day everyone.

EllanVannin Mon 20-May-19 09:15:29

Good morning All x
Cloudy, not looking very promising but rain or shine I've got a weeks washing to do so I'll take a chance.

Marydoll if it's any consolation I was " living " with high blood-pressure for years, half the time not noticing and took a variety of different kinds of pills which didn't work. At worst it was 210/180-----no symptoms which baffled everyone. Then after a circulatory problem detected I finished up on warfarin and bisoprolol which after a while gave me a near normal reading 125/85 for most of the time with a resting pulse of 58 instead of my usual 72. Stress will increase it rapidly so try and avoid it and rest as much as possible.
I hope things improve for you.

Enjoy your day everyone and hope Mick's test goes well too.

Justme67 Mon 20-May-19 09:33:53

Good morning to you all, I was up early and then feel asleep in the arm chair, so not feeling as well as I would like, but it is another day, the sun is trying its' best to break through the mist and my lovely daughter is coming this afternoon, so if I feel like it we will go for a stroll along the front, perhaps visit a friend. Had a quiet two hours with our son, yesterday, good for me. Take care and enjoy your days'

Buffybee Mon 20-May-19 10:05:29

Lovely sunny and warm start to the day here in NE Manchester.
We've had a very sad weekend as my Dd's Labrador had to be Pts on Friday. The old girl had done well, 14 years and only had a bit of stiffness in her legs. We all loved her so much.
Daughter had to bring the Cavalier (the baby) over to me this morning as she started crying when she tried to leave for work. My old girl, Buffy (15) is now looking after her.

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 20-May-19 10:57:25

Good morning, sun is coming out in east London and hopefully will stay for the tennis session at lunchtime. Very quiet after that, no school pick up today. A trip to the cinema has been mooted for this evening. Have a good day.

Abuelana Mon 20-May-19 11:28:39

beautiful day here in Spain the weather is really getting quite warm. So happy baby is arriving soon and my daughter doesn't have to carry in the real heat of the summer.
Would someone please explain the abbreviations to me.
Im feeling a bit thick......

whywhywhy Mon 20-May-19 11:33:08

Good morning everyone from a sunny Northamptonshire. Just done a bit of weeding and then going to have lunch in the garden. Doing a watercolour painting this afternoon, if the mood stays.

Mapleleaf Mon 20-May-19 11:56:06

A late good morning to you all,
I hope the blood tests go as they should, Mick.
I’m late as I’ve just got back from my coffee morning ( forgot to post earlier). We took along photos from our school days and had a go at identifying everyone. Lots of fun. Got some right, others were way off!
A pile of ironing awaits me now so I’d better go and do it!
I hope you all enjoy a decent day. ?

Mapleleaf Mon 20-May-19 12:03:01

Hello, Abuelana. Congratulations on the impending birth of your grandchild.
Most of the abbreviations can be found if you click on the word ‘acronyms’ which you should find at the top of the thread, on the left hand side underneath where it says Gransnet forums.
To start you off, though,
DH = darling/dear husband
DD = darling/dear daughter
DiL = daughter in law
DS = darling/dear son
SiL can be either darling/dear sister in law or son in law.
AIBU = Am I being unreasonable.
Hope that helps a bit!

Hymnbook Mon 20-May-19 12:49:09

Hello everyone this has only just come through. About 12 15ish. The gremlins are about today.

kittylester Mon 20-May-19 15:14:30

hymnbook, you dont have to wait - you can go on the website before the newsletter arrives and post on any thread.

BlueSapphire Mon 20-May-19 20:10:59

DoraMarr, it's me who does Silver Swans, but I've only been to one class so far! Hope you enjoy it.