Gransnet forums

Chat

Picturing posters

(161 Posts)
Mycatisahacker Tue 21-May-19 18:17:55

This is obviously lighthearted!

Do posters picture other posters?

I see gonegirl as very slim, energetic, blond, busy, athletic and a good cook!grin

I see Maryeliza as a size 12/14 a reader and with a very wide social circle who does voluntary work.

I see urmstrongrsn as quite tall and slim, likes a night out, loud and cheeky but very soft heated.

grin feel free to add posters wink

BlueSapphire Wed 22-May-19 10:02:58

5 ft nothing, size 14, top heavy!
Short light brown hair, would be grey if I didn't have it coloured every six weeks!
Have to wear glasses.
Usually in skinny jeans/jeggings and t-shirt, and usually heels, can't abide flat shoes. Except for gardening and health walks.
Nothing special to look at.

GrannyMosh Wed 22-May-19 11:50:50

I'm an overgrown teenager. Head is 16, heart is 18, body is 93 and three quarters! Currently look like Uncle Fester after cancer treatment, but gradually recovering some of my former radiance smile

morethan2 Wed 22-May-19 12:08:30

I’m sure you’ll look fabulous very soon with your sense of humour GrannyMosh

Theoddbird Wed 22-May-19 13:23:58

I often try and imagine what the regular posters look like. I am 68 and size 16, an ancient hippy. I have pale grey/white hair that I dye metallic silver. Dress...bohemian, always linen dresses and baggy cotton dungeries..oh and I live on a narrow boat on a lovely river. I also work full time.

NotSpaghetti Wed 22-May-19 13:41:37

I also picture the people I’m posting with.
Quite a varied bunch “in my head” but probably way off the mark!

BlueBelle Wed 22-May-19 13:48:48

I always have a picture in my head when talking to posters I only know what one looks like as we exchanged messages and photos
What do you think a BlueBelle looks like apart from blue (which I m not) ?

mcem Wed 22-May-19 13:52:16

It's such a pity we "lost" the profiles and the pictures of posters because of the FB/Daily Mail controversy!

Gonegirl Wed 22-May-19 14:15:26

...but there is the ageing thing.

Gonegirl Wed 22-May-19 14:17:10

A Bluebell stays quietly in the shade and looks shyly down at her feet.

Change yer name.

Gonegirl Wed 22-May-19 14:17:33

wink !!!

Callistemon Wed 22-May-19 14:34:54

My hair resembles my username; however, it is not bright pink! Could do with losing a stone or two blush

Merryweather Wed 22-May-19 15:00:29

Yes, I do this often. People I talk to in the phone whom I’ve not met eg call centre.

I'm short 160 cm, size 10/12, ginger curly hair, freckles everywhere and pretty much always a book in hand. On crutches/ wheelchair permanently, 39. Two lovely daughters to try and keep up with.

Juliet27 Wed 22-May-19 16:58:40

I liked the spelling error in Mycat's description of Urmstongran. 'loud and cheeky but very soft heated'. I take it that means warm. smile

Juliet27 Wed 22-May-19 17:02:08

Sorry if I spelt names wrong!!

Glammy57 Wed 22-May-19 17:19:21

I am 5’ 6”, size 12. Have shoulder-length, blonde hair. Always take pride in my appearance: nails painted, makeup applied every day; however, I like my hair to be fairly messy/tousled! ?

sluttygran Wed 22-May-19 17:38:21

I have scales on my skin and a forked tail. I noticed that I’ve grown small horns on my head, and this morning my pitchfork arrived via Amazon
Just an average gran, really! grin

Wobbles Wed 22-May-19 17:43:46

My username is self descriptive, think jelly on a plate grin

sharon103 Wed 22-May-19 20:15:23

Theoddbird that's just how I imagined you to be!
Maw I imagined to be a jolly, kind hearted buxom,stew and dumplings kind of lady.
Annie to be a petite lady with long hair pinned up at the back and wears dark coloured clothes. Perhaps wears some lipstick. slightly tanned complextion Often in black.
Monica and GabriellaG54 to be very much alike. Both tall slim ladies and very upright. Hair nicely done, and make-up. They both wear quite expensive clothing and look good in a suit.( and that's just for doing the housework in lol )
Bluebell, I'm not too sure but would guess smart/casual clothes, longish wavy brown hair and light make-up only for going out in. Around 5ft 6ins tall( I'm trying to think of another word for slightly fat but can't think of one so i'll leave it like that) grin
Jane 10, a small petite lady with a quiet voice, dark hair, early 50's angelic face.
Me, I'm 5ft 4ins. 65 at the end of the year eeek! Have too bigger stomach ( middle aged spread, it's got nothing to do with my love of cakes, chocolate and Magnum lollies) size 18 tops and 16 jeans. Olive skin tone, green/blue/brown mixture eyes. Shortish mid brown hair (well that's what it says on the box)layered and styled with a fringe. I've been told a few times that I have come to bed eyes. I'm never ever without make-up. Brown eyeliner, brown pencil on the lower and brown mascara. Near neutral lipstick. A dimple in my cheek when I smile. I'm always in jeans and top. I wear gold medium sized hoop earrings with a gold stud behind them.

Nannylovesshopping Wed 22-May-19 20:22:12

I can assure you BlueBelle is gorgeous and lovely ?

Mamissimo Wed 22-May-19 21:00:33

I’m smiling at Maw being a buxom stew and dumplings lady ?

GabriellaG54 Wed 22-May-19 21:14:57

sharon103
How much do I owe you? ???

GabriellaG54 Wed 22-May-19 21:54:07

It's weird how you get a mental picture of someone.
I could tell you a really funny story of mistaken identity ( *not me*) but it would take far too long.
I'm pleased to be thought somewhat like M0nica (not for the first time) but alas, I'm not.
Me, 5-7 and, until the last few weeks (running) have been 18 top and 16 bottoms but now 16 and 14. I don't want to be thin or 10/12. Med/athletic build.
Size 6.5 shoes, very fair skin, blue eyes, dimples when I smile, long legs, never wear make-up but always use Palmolive soap, rosewater refresher and Keihls moisturiser with spf30. Very very occasionally mascara. Nails slightly squared and unpolished, just buffed. No tatts or scars and just one piercing in each ear.
Only wear earrings, never scarves or other jewellery. Hair is layered into wedge at back, longer on top + sides sometimes tucked behind ears and conker brown with copper flashes (courtesy of hairdresser).
Jeans, chinos, jumpsuits, leggings and shaped tops. All kinds of plain skirts but def not maxi or tents. Pencil or midi with slight flare are good. A shoe and bag-aholic, wedges, heels, ankle boots and trainers but they must be on trend.
You got the suits bit right as I am a retired lawyer and dressed the part for work but not any more. Shop in Marks, Primark H&M Poetry Mango Zara and very occasionally more upmarket brands.
I'm a 74 yr old non-smoking, teetotal, vegetarian, divorced mum who loves Skandi style living, clean and uncluttered.

Callistemon Wed 22-May-19 22:46:50

Maw I imagined to be a jolly, kind hearted, buxom,stew and dumplings kind of lady.
two out of four! ]grin]

Mamissimo Wed 22-May-19 22:59:28

Callistemon - I agree - she’s renowned for her stew and dumplings ?

Callistemon Wed 22-May-19 23:03:13

grin
and very delicious they are too!