Gransnet forums

Chat

Picturing posters

(161 Posts)
Mycatisahacker Tue 21-May-19 18:17:55

This is obviously lighthearted!

Do posters picture other posters?

I see gonegirl as very slim, energetic, blond, busy, athletic and a good cook!grin

I see Maryeliza as a size 12/14 a reader and with a very wide social circle who does voluntary work.

I see urmstrongrsn as quite tall and slim, likes a night out, loud and cheeky but very soft heated.

grin feel free to add posters wink

BrandyButter Wed 29-May-19 15:09:00

Bradford Lass, I must admit you came as a VERY big shock to me grin It is my own fault for my imagination being slightly skew-whiff but a while ago you made a comment about something and I took this to mean you were an Asian lady so I have always pictured this elegant Asian woman in a beautiful sari making chippati's! grin grin so anything you ever wrote I read from this context so I am finding it mighty difficult to adjust my image of you smile.
It was a bit like reading the Jack Reacher books where he is described as well built and 6'5" only for them to make a film and cast that weedy little man Tom Cruise in his character shock.
I am 5'6 blonde covered grey, medium build, quirky and setting myself a complete new stall out in later life. I am an independent individual who likes to be in a group of similar folks and do not follow mainstream of anything. I am kind, honest and caring and would never knowingly harm another peson or animal.

BrandyButter Wed 29-May-19 15:10:43

And as my first guess of another Gransnet was soooooo wrong I dare not guess anymore smile smile

BradfordLass72 Thu 30-May-19 11:00:49

BrandyButter The only reason Tom Cruise was cast so laughingly inappropriately was because he bought the rights to the film so he could star as Jack Reacher.

There's a whole cult of Reacher fans who vowed never to watch it or any other Tom Cruise film, even a Facebook page I'm told smile

I wonder what I said to make you think I was Asian? Was it perhaps when I put up the picture of my god-daughter who is from South India? I have been known to wear a sari and learned how to pleat and tuck it properly.

In New Zealand, when anyone refers to an Asian person, they mean someone from China, Korea, Japan, Thailand etc, not the Indian subcontinent.

BradfordLass72 Thu 30-May-19 11:21:17

Rufus I feel quite moved and very proud to remind you of your Auntie Nellie. A good sort I've no doubt. smile

Now I imagine you as about 6ft, but so bent with trouble and woe that you appear no taller than 5ft 4.

You have beautiful teeth which shine white, especially in the glass beside your bed.

You haven't quite lost all your hair but definitely forgot where you put most of it.

Walking for hours in the bush after the roos and collecting wombats has given you a skin like a sultana but you are so handsome, with bright blue eyes that no one cares.

Callistemon Thu 30-May-19 11:49:54

grin I like the description of Rufus!

A question for you, Rufus - do you still have your British accent or do you speak like an Aussie ( Melbourne like Dame Edna - I do appreciate that Australian has many different accents!)?

Callistemon Thu 30-May-19 11:50:44

I did wonder if you were Maori, BradfordLass, but was confused by the Bradford connection.

Rufus2 Thu 30-May-19 12:19:10

You have beautiful teeth which shine white, especially in the glass beside your bed
BradfordLass; Nice to see you Kiwis have a nice sense of humour, although your timing is off today as I've just had a tussle with the dentist. She removed 2 upper right adjacent molars; she had to destroy one to get it all out, but got the other intact, complete with 3 fang-like roots. She was terribly impressed, said she didn't see those every day of the week and took a photo, so it may appear in the Dental Assoc. monthly. Fame at last! Anyway, residual anaesthetic may be preventing me from giving your lighthearted post the response it deserves! grin
I was going to have Hoki and hash browns for dinner, but think I'll order crumbed whiting from the freezer instead! Yummy!

Rufus2 Thu 30-May-19 12:31:56

I did wonder if you were Maori, BradfordLass
Of course she is! Spends her days doing Hakas and sticking pins in a wax effigy of me. grin
Don't get fooled by her description though, I'm not that pretty! OoRoo

BrandyButter Thu 30-May-19 13:35:00

Wow, Bradford Lass I had no idea about Tom Cruise, I thought it was just me being picky, everybody I know worships him, though not as much as he does himself from your information. Thanks for enlightening me. Also I have never been to NZ so did not know about their interpretation of the word 'Asian' I hope I have not offended you or anyone else. I just used the widest description I knew for someone who wears a sari! I admire you being able to tuck, I tried once and was a group of ladies entertainment for the day! They have some beautiful fabric, I love the colour and sparkle. So maybe I wasn't that far off track to picture you in one grin

Rufus2 Sat 01-Jun-19 02:49:45

very proud to remind you of your Aunty Nellie
Bradford; Forgot to add that Aunty sometimes stood out front with a placard round her neck: "Frying To-night" especially on Fridays! grin
Your analysis of me is way off mark! My 2 teeth extractions were a huge success, thank you for asking; the rest (still intact) are a shiny amalgam! smile As to my white hair; lots of it, makes me look quite distinguished. In fact, my overall presentation is one generally admired by the ladies; tall, lithe, house-trained and full of good humour! Oh! and very rich! Eat your hearts out! grinOoRoo