Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Wed 22-May-19 06:17:07

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking cooler and a little bit grey over Brackley this morning.
Yesterdays Glaucoma clinic was a bit of a farce at first , I had to have a field test as well.
Anyway, the part where your eyes are photo'd it was not working , I was told I may have to come back at another date, but things improved as I was going it my field test , the machine had started to work, so had field test, and then waited for the part of having eyes photo'd without eye drops.
At least it saved another appointment as well.
Mick

Rufus2 Thu 23-May-19 12:08:59

My optician said that if I miss a click on the field test the flashing dot will reappear
So did mine; He also said you can't second-guess by clicking at random hoping to get some positives, not that you'd want to, it's too serious. The machine knows all the tricks. grin
I sometimes think it's more a test of my concentration when holding the "clicker" with my mind wandering; it's always a long 5 minutes.

Rufus2 Wed 22-May-19 14:42:45

Try this; Hope it works!
www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/ConditionsAndTreatments/agoraphobia#.XOKmd3WZu00.email

Nannyfaraway Wed 22-May-19 11:55:42

Good morning everyone. Nice and sunny here. Not starting my shift until 6 today. So have time for a relaxing day and maybe do some ironing

Legs55 Wed 22-May-19 10:34:55

Good morning from Devon, started off lovely & sunny but now hazy, warm though. A day in the garden if it stays fine.

Hopefully car will be back in working order tonight as my mechanic took it early this morning instead of his own car (he is a neighbour with his own garage)

To those of you having a clear out of DH's clothes etc, I still have a bottle of aftershave & DH's watch (kept in a drawer) 6 years on from widowhood, little things are a comfort. I also kept a few ornaments I bought as gifts, Jack Russells & a Peregrine Falcon are in my display case.flowers

MawBroonsback Wed 22-May-19 10:23:55

Thinking of you Bluesapphire it is not easy but the charity will be glad of the donation and your DH would have been pleased.
What worries me sometimes is the extent to which Paw is in danger of disappearing from my life- his clothes from the wardrobe, but never the books though as they are so much a part of him. When people don’t talk about him, I think I want to cling on to that last part of my life. My meltdown at the weekend was in part my hurt at the assumption that I am “coping” well and fine with going to things on my own, when sometimes, especially family events, it takes a very conscious effort and lots of deep breaths. Ho hum.
Not easy is it!

Mapleleaf Wed 22-May-19 10:08:32

Good morning all,
Happy birthday, * Auntyflo* ???.
Well, the water meter was fitted yesterday and I didn’t have to wait all morning, either. The engineer arrived not long after I posted. Fingers crossed that we will save some money!
To all of you in the wars, I hope things feel better for you today.
I’ve got some geraniums to pot on today, so will be out in the garden shortly.
Have a nice day, whatever your plans. ?

EllanVannin Wed 22-May-19 09:55:44

Good morning All x
I didn't think I'd see any sun today as a couple of hours ago the sky was heavy and dull, but here we are------sun. It's not cold either.
Window cleaning and washing nets/voiles on the agenda.
Asda too and surgery to drop off my script so that'll keep me out of mischief for a couple of hours.
Feeling a bit sad after the death of a neighbour sad

Hope everyone's day goes well. Enjoy your " commute " Urmstongran.

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 22-May-19 08:56:17

Good morning from east London, bright and slightly cool at the moment but shorts will be on for tennis this morning. Quiet day after, getting ready for tomorrow’s full working day and an early night. Have a good day.

Greyduster Wed 22-May-19 08:51:20

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A dull start to the day in South Yorkshire. I am stuck in this morning waiting for the doctor to phone me with the results of X-rays on my dodgy hip, but it will give me a chance to give the kitchen a good clean! When I get up, that is! Have a good day folks.

oldgaijin Wed 22-May-19 08:50:22

Good morning from a damp and cloudy Aberdeenshire. Yesterday's chemo went OK but came home shattered and snoozed for most of the afternoon with the mutt curled up beside me...he's very cosy. Came home to a gleaming house and clean bed as my lovely cleaning friend had done her stuff, put fresh bedding on...heaven!
Have a good day everyone.

BlueSapphire Wed 22-May-19 08:42:32

Good morning all from a brightish Northampton.

Emergency visit to the optician yesterday for me as I managed to trip over a manhole cover, fall flat on my face and scratch my glasses. One badly grazed knee and a bruised hand as well.... Luckily I had a spare pair of glasses at home, and the damaged ones are still under warranty so will have new lenses free of charge.

Charity van coming this morning to collect a load of stuff; I have braced myself to sort through some of DH's clothes, but feel strangely guilty. Feel that I can't get rid of everything, and am hanging on to a few things. They still smell of his aftershave and him, and bring back all those memories.

Must cut the back grass this morning and then go round the edges. Must ring British Gas again too, as I am so fed up with no hot water.

Hoping I have a better day than yesterday.

Auntieflo Wed 22-May-19 08:40:13

Morning Michael, Annie to come, and all others.
It’s my birthday today, and I am taking my knees to the Dr’s!
DD and SIL are taking us out for a meal tonight, and she has emailed a beautiful picture of me with GGS taken recently.
Loved the sound of your walk along the canal NannyJan53, with the coffee later. A garden centre visit would be lovely. I bought a pretty pot recently, and now can’t think where I have hidden it, so searching may come later.
Marydoll, steady on the bass notes, don’t want to bounce the neighbours out of bed. ???
To all with health problems, be they eye, ear or other, take care and get well soon.

MawBroonsback Wed 22-May-19 08:38:24

Good morning from N Bucks where it is sunny, if fresh.
I was hanging washing out at six then returned to bed with a mug of tea in the hope of reading the paper, but Hattie had me up and down stairs half a dozen times to go in and out, chase pigeons or imaginary cats.
Eventually I just left the kitchen door open, but the rich rural aroma of what my German mother used to refer to as “Landluft” has forced me to shut it again!??
A lovely afternoon yesterday at the William Morris house in Walthamstow and walking round its gardens, Lloyd Park with littlest grandson, now 9 weeks, followed by train chaos trying to get home, has left me not entirely unhappy with a quiet morning at home catching up, before “Bring Up the Bodies” this afternoon.
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

crazyH Wed 22-May-19 08:35:35

Goodmorning Mick and all you early risers. Haven't opened the blinds yet, but I can see chinks of sunlight coming through.
Had our 50+ Club afternoon tea yesterday. Was lovely but I always feel there's too many cakes and not many sandwiches/savouries. I would much prefer to pay an extra £10 and have lunch. Might bring this up at the next committee meeting.
Have a nice day all !

ninathenana Wed 22-May-19 08:32:53

Good morning.
Sun is out in Kent, yesterday was a glorious 20c here
Driving the gardener again today and I need to do some housework.
Haven't read other posts so thanks for anyone that needs them.

cornergran Wed 22-May-19 08:28:47

Morning Mick, morning All. Horrid night, just surfacing to another sunny morning, weather forecast tells me it’s cloudy hmm. Good day out yesterday, finished up at Dunster Castle. Coffee and lunch with a GN friend encouraging me to get on with the day, another good one ahead. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

Sprout Wed 22-May-19 08:15:22

Morning Mick and all. Better nights sleep which helps. Overcast here but the sun is trying to get through. Garden mowed and looks much nicer. A bit of housework today. Hope all have a good day whatever you are doing.

NanKate Wed 22-May-19 07:56:01

Morning Mick and All.

Sunny with cloud in South Bucks.

I too have all the eye tests. My optician said that if I miss a click on the field test the flashing dot will reappear later in the same place. It’s the machine that puffs air on my eye I don’t like.

I think I can hear your music Mary down here in the south. ?

NannyJan your day out sounded good. My dad who ran a number of cinemas had one in Leominster, Ludlow etc all long gone. You brought back good memories for me.

Cleaning up the house as I have a friend coming round for supper tonight. DH off to do some GC duties for 2 nights before we both go down on Sunday for a week of overseeing the boys ?

GabriellaG54 Wed 22-May-19 07:53:54

Good morning all, esp Urmstongran envy yes...enjoy while you can. Palm trees, Sangria and sunshine. Some people make you sick wink
It's a blue/white sky in Godalming with sun promised today and I have been for my run super early at 05.20 as running buddy on hols.
Garden centre today and painting troughs.
I hope you all have a good or better day and feel the warmth of the sun easing any aches and pains.
sunshinesmile

Pittcity Wed 22-May-19 07:52:52

Good morning from sunny Colchester. No rain in the forecast so the hose will be out this evening as my veg patch is just getting going.
Usual Wednesday morning coffee meetup.

Brunette10 Wed 22-May-19 07:37:11

Good Morning all from a bright fife. DH birthday today and also have DD and DGS's to celebrate. Wishing everyone a good day.

Justme67 Wed 22-May-19 07:36:53

Good morning to you all, a little overcast, but another bright day is forecast, and I plan (oh! the plans I make) to clear out the old pots and plant up one or two bits and pieces I bought, but for the past two weeks I have also been planning to clean the windows and hang the new curtains, I wonder what will win? in the meantime, I m going to have a nice cup of tea, and hope that you all enjoy your days, where you can.

Harris27 Wed 22-May-19 07:29:45

Good morning from the sunny NE. Another day at work but off tomorrow hope it's sunny will spend it in the garden bliss.

NannyJan53 Wed 22-May-19 07:26:34

Good Morning from a bright Black Country.

We had a lovely day yesterday, visiting Leominster and Westbury Mill Water Garden, we were very lucky with the weather too, as it was sunny but not too hot.

Today I am meeting friends at 9.30 and we are walking along the canal to the Fishing Lakes where there is a rather good café, and it is lovely to sit outside there.

Glad your appointment worked out ok in the end Mick
I know what you mean about pressing randomly Marydoll, I sometimes have to have hearing tests and I am sure I hear a 'sound' where there is none!

Have a lovely day everyone.

Nannytopsy Wed 22-May-19 07:18:52

Morning all! Grey sky but bright in Leicester this morning. Took my self back to eye casualty yesterday and resisted the triage doctor who tried to persuade me to go home. 4 hours later, I got a completely different diagnosis to the last two visits and I have much more confidence. Pharmacy cannot get the drops until today but hoping for an instant cure! Then it’s crack on with packing for our holiday!