Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(46 Posts)
12Michael Thu 23-May-19 06:13:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice sunny start here in Brackley this morning, back to my usual routine of going to Buckingham and Bicester on the buses.
Also some housework, and acase of putting an X in a box as well.
Mick

Marydoll Thu 23-May-19 20:53:25

Rascal
www.gransnet.com/forums/chat/1261455-Soops-Kitchen-kindness-and-cake-served-with-love-Come-on-in

If you look in Last Day heading, you can always find it.

rascal Thu 23-May-19 18:41:23

Can't find Soop's Kitchen. Is there a link somewhere please? confused

rascal Thu 23-May-19 17:27:03

Thank you Greyduster oh yes that sounds good. I have never popped into Soop's Kitchen, will pop in after dinner. I'm going to feed my pets then myself. It's going to be a baked potato and a very small tin of skinless, boneless red salmon with tomatoes & Red Bush tea.

rascal Thu 23-May-19 17:19:58

Hello Urmstongran thank you for replying. Yes hope I'm not too lonely, I do read the posts and reply if I have anything to say. I have only spoken to my dog and cat today but they didn't reply. confused

EllanVannin Thu 23-May-19 16:50:08

Good afternoon All x ( nearly evening !)
Beautiful day weatherwise, but a strange sort of a day. I was just getting along nicely this morning with chores and things then a friend rang so that was an hour gabbing. Then I had a visitor, then an ambulance pulled up in the next road to me where an elderly man had fallen and the crew were there for ages with him.
Then a neighbour stopped to talk and that was another hour.
Finally I managed to drop my script into the GP's for collection, returned and another neighbour decided to nail me and when I came to switch on GN it didn't want to play----the 502 error, so I then washed my hair and boiled an egg ( hard ) ready for tea with salad.
I don't feel as though I've done anything but chat today.

Undecided whether or not to bother voting as it seems a confusing mess. I did originally say I wasn't going to bother-------not sure about it at all or whether it'll make a difference.

Hope everyone's well and enjoying this weather if it's your way.

Avor2 Thu 23-May-19 15:25:58

Good morning everyone, lovely sunny day, but had to take DH to hospital for an operation today, (his second in 2 months) bless him, all being well after this we can start life again. Went to vote first thing so will be watching with interest, but DH is a bit more important today. Enjoy the sunshine.

Legs55 Thu 23-May-19 14:42:54

Good afternoon, I've been out this morning. Sunny & warm here in Devon.

Did my postal vote as soon as I received it, results should be interesting.

I'm off to potter round the garden, not very enthusiastic after my morning jaunt hmm

Rufus2 Thu 23-May-19 11:36:05

A very good morning everyone from gloriously sunny Malaga
Urmstongran: What's wrong with sunny M/c? I was told to stop posting sunny weather reports from Melb; made everyone sad! grin
Now! There's a Malaga in Spain and one in Perth, W. Aus., but I'm guessing you're at the former, but what's it got that M/c hasn't, other than soft, silky, golden, deserted beaches, constant sunshine and a cobalt-blue Mediterranean at your front gate! sad
And also the views from your balcony probably surpass those across Morecambe Bay on a dull day.
But don't forget, some say "Oh to be in England now that Spring is there"!
Half your luck! OoRoo

aggie Thu 23-May-19 11:06:17

Good Morning all , voting done , we do 1 2 3 etc , impossible to guess who would be best ,
Nice sunny morning here , need to go in the wee greenhouse to do some rearranging

GabriellaG54 Thu 23-May-19 09:36:02

Hi everyone.
Blue skies with a few smeary white brushstrokes of cloud here in Godalming. It was very hot last night and I drank gallons of water. Nothing on today, had run at 6ish along the tow-path for 90 mins, shower then a glass of hot water with honey+lemon.
Plants watered, washing done. I'm off sugar and coffee is undrinkable without it. ?
I hope all GNers have a good day and those who aren't feeling 100% get as much rest as possible.
Oh yeah...voting...??

Pittcity Thu 23-May-19 09:19:49

Good morning from a bright but overcast Colchester. I had the hose out on the garden last night so it's sods law that it'll rain today.
Buying DH a new phone. He had chosen a Huawei but is now reconsidering.
We voted by post and made our decision using a link we found on one of the GN politics threads. We put our usual party loyalties aside as this is really a choice between leave and remain.

Urmstongran Thu 23-May-19 09:05:25

Great advice Greyduster ??
It’s another lovely thread, full of very kind and supportive people.

Sprout Thu 23-May-19 09:01:52

Morning Mick and all. Lovely morning here in Kent. My granddaughters birthday 20yrs can't believe it where has that time gone. Of course that makes me feel older . Pottering today. Hope all who are feeling a bit poorly and those with hospital appointmenuts the day is OK.

Auntieflo Thu 23-May-19 08:59:49

Morning Michael, Annie and all. Just having my breakfast and a second cup of tea. It is a beautiful sunny day here again in Berks. Yesterday I bought a planter for the front garden, filled and planted it, and it’s looking good.
We shall go out to vote, but still not sure where to put my cross! The voting takes place in a church hall, and there is usually coffee to be had, ?.
A friend is coming this afternoon, so tea and cake in the garden,
Have a good day one and all.

Greyduster Thu 23-May-19 08:53:07

We’re trying to get the most out of our NT membership, Lins! Welcome rascal - pop over to Soop’s kitchen; you’ll get a warm welcome there too.

Anniebach Thu 23-May-19 08:50:50

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Lins1066 Thu 23-May-19 08:46:52

Welcome teabagwoman

Enjoy Hardwick Hall Greyd very envious. I went there years ago when the kids were small and loved it.

Urmstongran Thu 23-May-19 08:35:31

Hello to you too rascal no need to be lonely with us lot as virtual friends! x

Harris27 Thu 23-May-19 08:32:03

Good morning all having day off and woke to banging head and everything sounding so loud! Must have head cold just what I needed on day off! Never mind weather looks good will get shopping put away after delivery and sit in the garden my little Chelsea!

rascal Thu 23-May-19 08:30:44

Good morning everyone from sunnyish Loch Lomond. I thought it would be a good idea to pop in as I usually don't have anyone to speak to all day. I just have my dog and her friend our cat, they get on well together. I have voted already by postal vote. Hope to get out into the garden to potter about if it stays dry and the breeze keeps the midges away. Hope you all have a lovely day thistle

BlueSapphire Thu 23-May-19 08:30:33

Welcome teabagwoman from a fellow Gransnetter in Northampton! Hope you enjoy the site.

Greyduster Thu 23-May-19 08:17:18

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is out in South Yorkshire and after we have voted we are off for a jaunt to Hardwick Hall. We have been before but can’t remember that much about it. It’s not far away from here. GS is playing football this evening, so we may pop over there and watch. Welcome Teabagwoman! Have a good day folks.

cornergran Thu 23-May-19 08:17:15

Morning Mick, morning All from a bright, sunny corner of Somerset. Postal votes sorted, a catch up day ahead, cleaning, ironing and planting some pots if the energy remains. Hello teabag, good to see you. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

travelsafar Thu 23-May-19 08:15:28

Morning everyone.Looks fine outside although a little overcast. Feeling tired after being out all day yesterday on a coach trip. Off out to lunch today to celebrate my daughter's birthday, then i plan some quiet time for the rest of the afternoon and evening as out again tomorrow all day visiting Hatfield House.
Best wishes for those of you with health problems or any other issues going on in your life. Have a good day everyone.

Urmstongran Thu 23-May-19 08:13:21

A very good morning everyone from gloriously sunny Malaga! My husband has gone out for his usual constitutional- it takes him about an hour up and down the paseo and comes in ready for a good hot shower.

We have already voted - we have postal votes to accommodate our to-ing and fro-ing. Remember ladies, as my lovely dad used to say, if you don’t vote I don’t want to hear you complain in the next 4 years (although they were general elections, fair enough). The results will be out on Monday as for example the Spanish vote this Sunday and all results are released together.

Hello to teabagwoman it’s lovely to have a new member.
BlueSapphire how bluddy annoying having to wait so long for a straightforward job to be done no wonder you were fuming.

Well it’s time for my second cuppa and decide whether to spend the day on the beach or in our beautiful gardens and use the pool. It’s a hard life but someone’s got to do it!

Hope Thursday is good to us all, whether we have plans or none. x