Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(36 Posts)
12Michael Sun 26-May-19 06:18:15

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but its grey here in Brackley this morning.
A quiet day for me , at the moment out of interest I am trying to mix my meals as to having meat and then also some vegan type ready made ones.
Did my usual yesterday , and got the maps I wanted of the flea market ,and noticed something which could start to be a money making trend .
Japanese and Chinese items are getting trendy as to purchase, whilst on the stall where I buy the maps a far eastern person was also further down the stall , looking at this vase , and the dealer spotting it went and dealt with it she may have been Offred a good price for it.
Mick

BlueSapphire Sun 26-May-19 10:19:20

Good morning all from a cloudy Northampton, although we have had a bit of lovely sunshine.

Had to ring the hairdressers yesterday as I realised my appointment was for the day they are installing the new hot water tank. Luckily they had a free appointment for the following week.

Found the film 'Georgy Girl' on tv last night and realised I had never seen it back in the day or read the book. (Surprisingly, as it's by my favourite author, Margaret Forster). Enjoyed a bit of nostalgia with the 60s fashions and music, but horrified with the way women were treated and thought of back then. We thought we were free and independent in those days....

Nothing really planned for today; plenty to do in the garden but I don't really feel like it. Planning to trim the front hedge tomorrow and blast the weeds on the drive. Have decided to get someone in to jetwash the drive, patio etc. An old schoolfriend of DS runs a cleaning company and he is coming to give me a quote when he gets back from holiday.

Hope everyone's day goes well.

Mapleleaf Sun 26-May-19 09:46:14

Good morning everyone.
Brightish here for the moment, but damp. I think we are in for a showery day. Feels cool, too.
No specific plans as yet. A take it as it comes day, I think.
Glad you got your tooth sorted kitty, enjoy your seaside break.
Hope you all have a nice day. ?

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 26-May-19 09:39:21

Good morning from east London; well it’s bright outside and sun is trying hard to break through. We’re going for a walk along the river Stort today then calling in on the way back to see a friend who’s just back from holidaying in Australia. BTW Mark Steel last night was brilliant. Have a good day.

Sar53 Sun 26-May-19 09:17:42

Good morning everyone from a sunny Essex by the sea. Out to see twin DGC this morning then afternoon tea at a lovely hotel later. This was a present bought for us when we got married earlier this year. Looking forward to it very much.
Have a good day everyone.

crazyH Sun 26-May-19 09:15:48

Goodmorning Mick and all ...enjoy your day, whatever you're doing.

Legs55 Sun 26-May-19 09:13:02

Good morning all from a sunny but very windy Devon, hope it stays fine & I can continue weeding in the garden. Been up since 6.30 again, just been sat with Sunday papers, crosswords & sudoku. Must go & get my breakfast & find my "get up & go" or else I'll end up lazing around all day.

Watched Full Monty last night, I love that film so no early night, must try to get one tonight best laid plans & all that .

Have a good day whatever you're doingsmile

Urmstongran Sun 26-May-19 09:09:13

Good morning everyone from a glorious Malaga. I’m sat in bed with my second cuppa (why not eh?) looking out of the window at the Mediterranean which is a sparkling cobalt blue. It’s only a 10 minute walk down to it.

No plans, shall put a wash load on and then sit in the gardens again. My husband will watch the Monaco Grand Prix on his iPad in the gardens - at least he will have headphones on so I shan’t be disturbed by the sound of racing cars squealing round the track! I’d rather hear the sound of the birds in the background.

Our little family at home are on 2 week end of term holiday (did it used to be called Whit?) but as mummy is a teacher she is able to do her own childcare - lovely for the smalls and great for grandma as I can be out here guilt-free!

Hope everybody has a pleasant Sunday whether we have plans or (like me) none. x

Anniebach Sun 26-May-19 09:08:09

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Rain in Powys

Hope everyone has a good day x

gillybob Sun 26-May-19 09:01:26

A late good morning from a very wet (but quite mild) NE coast. We were intending a nice walk along the pier and around the parks today but it’s not exactly the weather for it. We will see. A bit of rain never hurt anyone and the gardens were very dry so at least they are getting a good watering.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday x

dragonfly46 Sun 26-May-19 08:50:30

Morning all, still dry but cloudy here in Leicestershire. My garden could do with a little rain.

Pleased you got your tooth sorted out kitty, enjoy your holiday.

Brunette I ordered a special card for my DD’s anniversary some time ago and it has disappeared! Had to buy another one. I thought I was the only person who did this.

Easy day in today - hope everyone has a good day.

DoraMarr Sun 26-May-19 08:49:43

Good morning from a cloudy Birmingham. I’m going to have a book and cd/dvd cull this morning. In fact, I’m thinking of culling the lot! I love reading, but there are only so many books I want to keep, and they take up so much room.
I’m going to my daughter’s later. She and her partner are attempting to toilet train their two and a half year old daughter- apparently it hasn’t been a roaring success.

Lins1066 Sun 26-May-19 08:48:54

Good Morning all. It had just started to rain with us on the S Welsh coast.
A quiet day in store reading the papers this morning and then with DH watching the Grand Prix later.
Homemade fish pie later.

Have a good day everyone.

Greyduster Sun 26-May-19 08:48:38

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Dull here in South Yorkshire but dry so far. We are both feeling guilty for not turning out for junior football, but we walked yesterday and this morning everything hurts - for me anyway! Kitty have a good holiday. NanKate don’t let those boys get top side of you?! Alygran hope you get your gardening done! Have a good day everyone.

aggie Sun 26-May-19 08:40:14

Mushroom risotto made with barley ....yum

aggie Sun 26-May-19 08:38:46

Morning all , bit wet here too , clothes left out last night will not do for walking up to Mass

Auntieflo Sun 26-May-19 08:36:20

Morning Michael, Annie, to come, and all GN’s. It is dull here this morning, but no rain, so far. Church a bit later, in my new yellow Hotter shoes, then our DS2, DIL and GS are visiting, on the way home from a wedding. Lovely. Going into the garden in a minute, to see if the slugs have left my tomato plants alone ?. Last night I had a sore gum around a back tooth, and it’s still niggling now, so a couple of paracetamol I think is in order.
Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

Alygran Sun 26-May-19 08:34:27

Good morning from a very wet High Peak. Went with DD2 to the garden centre for plants yesterday so hope it dries up and we can get them in. Not sure what else today will bring.
Hope you all have a good day.

harrigran Sun 26-May-19 08:32:10

Good morning from a rainy NE.
Was going to get some exercise yesterday but DH was under the weather and my back was playing up, watched Hatton Garden in one sitting. What a bunch of cheeky old men.
No word from family to say whether they arrived at their holiday venue in Scotland, there was some query about travelling yesterday because of poor weather conditions.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 26-May-19 08:29:36

Morning all from an overcast South Notts. Will go out for a drive later, then the weekly shop.
Recovering from last nights celebrations at my sister's 40th wedding anniversary party.
All things Oriental are all the rage at the moment, Mick, with so many people also wanting to visit Japan.
Hope all is well with everyone.

travelsafar Sun 26-May-19 08:23:58

Morning all and glad to hear you are painfree Kitty.
It is very overcast here this morning but i dont mind, i ended up with a headache yesterday after being outside most of the day.
I need to put some new plants in the garden and cut the grass so will welcome the coolness.
I have two days at home now, a very welcome break from my hectic week. I plan to sort out the garden today and then tomorrow i have to move my bed as i have a workman coming to investigate a damp patch on the sloping ceiling right above my bed and he needs to be able to use his step stool to get to it. Nice to hear Marydoll attempting to get to church, sadly none of us so far other than her is planning that. Gone are the days of Sunday being a day of rest. smileHave a nice day what ever you are doing.

EllanVannin Sun 26-May-19 08:21:24

Good morning All x
Obviously been a downpour during the night and also another as I got up an hour or so ago. Dull damp and miserable looking but I'm not going anywhere.

I love all things Oriental Mick and have a few knick-knacks including a large old Satsuma pot/vase with twigs in it, bought many years ago at an antique fair. Also some bamboo black lacquered plaques.
Come to think of it it's not unlike a flea-market here smile

Those off for the day, enjoy----those at home have a good day and take care everyone.

Pittcity Sun 26-May-19 08:07:11

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Mixed bag of weather forecast today. I will be covered up as I caught a bit too much sun at yesterday's airshow. A lot of the pilots were "12 year olds" too kitty.
BBQ to continue DGS3 birthday celebrations this afternoon.

Sprout Sun 26-May-19 08:02:00

Morning Mick and all. Strange morning here in Kent it's not sure whether it wants to shine or rain so we will see as day goes on. The dogs were awake really early again as the birds making their Dawn chorus early. Glad to hear tooth problem sorted. And let's hope that vase wasn't the real deal Mick. Hope you all have a good day whether resting or off on a trip enjoy.

Brunette10 Sun 26-May-19 07:56:42

Good Morning everyone from a wet Fife. Dull and overcast but I think it's to clear. Bought and wrote DD birthday card as it's her birthday whilst on holiday can I find it - no I can't. Had the house upside down, so very frustrating and should I worry! Anyway glad your tooth is fixed Kitty for your hols, have a good time. Hope your clear out is successful Marydoll smile Hope today is good for everyone.

teabagwoman Sun 26-May-19 07:38:57

Good morning all from a very cloudy but dry Northampton. Planning a quiet day today with perhaps a trip to the garden centre for yet more compost. Glad to hear you got your tooth fixed Kitty. Take it easy Cornergran and good luck NanKate.