Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Bank Holiday Monday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Mon 27-May-19 06:14:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry/grey start here in Brackley this morning.
A quiet day methinks , do some laundry and small shop plus some housework .
Considering this is Whitsun , the actually day is shown on my wall planner as next Wednesday.
Mick

Smurf44 Mon 27-May-19 22:36:48

Good Evening. I’ve only just discovered this regular thread! It wasn’t a Bank Holiday in Shetland either. GD was at school as usual. She was even at school on Good Friday but did have Easter Monday off. Here in wet and windy South Lincs the kids all have a week off school. Let’s hope the weather improves. We went to a Car Boot before the showers started and bought a few bargains ??.

dragonfly46 Mon 27-May-19 15:04:42

kitty it is the group from your neck of the woods!!

Elegran Mon 27-May-19 12:33:49

It isn't a bank holiday in Edinburgh either.

Mapleleaf Mon 27-May-19 12:33:39

? justme67. I hope you are feeling a little better today, I’m sorry to hear about your bad night. Keep posting here, though.

Mapleleaf Mon 27-May-19 12:31:19

Good afternoon.
I’m a bit later today as I didn’t get chance to post earlier.
Been out to the coffee morning group this morning. DH came too as he’s off work today. Then we had a quick potter around a local garden centre looking for some metal trellising to see if we could compare prices with some we’d seen at another garden centre yesterday, but they didn’t sell it, so it looks as if we’ll be going back to the first garden centre!
It’s really chilly, windy and showery here today, so the grass cutting has been put on hold. I’ve got a mound of ironing so will probably make a start on that.
I hope you all enjoy the rest of the day. ?

Marydoll Mon 27-May-19 11:49:18

Granny23, I have not seen you on this thread before, so welcome.
Here in the West of Scotland, it is a holiday. Doctor's, schools etc are closed for Bank holiday. The banks are only open for a few hours.
All my children are off work today also, as it's deemed a public holiday here.
Strange isn't it, that in your area it is not a public holiday, when in other parts of Scotland it is?

Grammaretto Mon 27-May-19 10:21:52

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Another rather driech day here and NOT a public holiday!
However as all days are holidays now I shall continue my usual Monday routine of washing, cleaning and today stripping out my sitting room of all the furniture and clutter of decades to rip up the carpet and get ready to sand the floor. Wish me luck!

EllanVannin Mon 27-May-19 10:11:17

Good morning All x
Usual Bank Holiday weather------wet and windy ! Very blowy yesterday. This is what happens when you live close to the sea.
Don't quite know what's happening today yet, I'll have to wait and see. It's all or nothing with me.

Hope everyone's day goes as planned.

bluenun Mon 27-May-19 09:33:43

Warwickshire- kissing it down here and need to get to shed to fetch the wallpaper stripper. Driving off to Staffs with grown up children to visit pregnant DD and SIL. Hope it's better weather up there.

gillybob Mon 27-May-19 09:31:29

A late good morning from the NE coast where it is trying hard to brighten up after earlier rain.

Just enjoying my second cuppa. Not a lot planned for today (it always feels weird being at home on a Monday) but will have to get a few bits of shopping and catch up with some housework.

Have a good Monday everyone x

aggie Mon 27-May-19 09:25:56

Good morning all , it was pleasant early when i did my garden inspection , but dull with rain expected now .
I have been wrestling with a Crochet pattern , not helped by the residual numbness in my fingers from Carpal tunnel , but it beats watching tv ;)

Legs55 Mon 27-May-19 09:25:32

Good morning all , Nanabanana1 you're in my part of Devon, I'm a bit more inland & it's cloudy & windy here, sun trying to fight it's way through the clouds. Staying home today, maybe get out in the garden later.

Have a good day whatever you're all doing

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 27-May-19 09:23:01

Good morning from east London, looking dull but rain not supposed to arrive til later. Fantastic light yesterday evening as the storm coincided with sunset. Tennis at 10am today (another reason for rain to hold off; doubtless I’ll feel yesterday’s walk which ended up being about 10 miles. It’s hard to judge sometimes when it’s all on the flat. GD to be collected from her dad later, possibly for a sleepover with us. Have a good day.

Anniebach Mon 27-May-19 08:57:04

Good morning Auntyflo and all

Rain forecast for Mid Wales

Hope everyone has a good day x

oldgaijin Mon 27-May-19 08:54:54

Good morning from a bright'ish, sunny'ish Aberdeenshire. It will rain later I think. Haven't been up to posting recently as the chemo knocked the stuffing out but felt brighter over the weekend...the nurse comes today to take bloods ready for tomorrow, when it starts all over again. The mutt is having a snoozefest as I sleep a lot but he does love a cuddle and a kind chum is walking him for me so he gets to meet his mates.
I managed to get the cherry tomatoes planted so I think it will be a gentle, greenhouse pottering day.
Have a good day everyone.

Granny23 Mon 27-May-19 08:52:02

Miserable grey day, with off and on drizzle here in Central Scotland. It is NOT a Bank Holiday in Scotland, so Bairns at school and DDs at work as usual. It is very confusing when all the TV channels keep insisting it IS a Bank Holiday, when here it is not.

Greyduster Mon 27-May-19 08:50:03

Good morning Michael and all GNs. Grey here in South Yorkshire with rain promised. GS and his Ma and Pa are expected for a roast dinner later, and then he will be staying over. Anything we will do with him tomorrow will be weather dependent but no doubt he will have ideas! Have a safe journey home Alygran. Enjoy the day everyone.

Justme67 Mon 27-May-19 08:36:29

Good morning to you all, overcast here, and I think the wind is a little chilly, a bit different from yesterday when it was quite balmy. Terrible nights' sleep, and I fee,l dreadful, woke up sobbing at one point, just miss my husband, in the early hours of the night. I am taking it easy today, think I might have been doing too much, so newspaper, crossword, book, cup of tea all ready. Have a good day everyone.

Lins1066 Mon 27-May-19 08:22:05

Good Morning from a sunny, breezy S Welsh coast.
I awoke at 4.45 for no apparent reason but did eventually go back to sleep.
Our small seaside town will be very busy today, it always is on a Bank Holiday.
DD is going to the Spice Girls concert this evening, and is making a day of it, lunch out with the girls and a mini bus booked.

Have a pleasant day everyone, and Marydoll, a relaxing one.

BlueSapphire Mon 27-May-19 08:22:04

Good morning from a cloudy Northampton.

Not much planned for today, but hope to get the front hedge trimmed and spray the weeds on the driveway. Then will probably toddle up to DS's for a shower.

Hope everyone's day goes well.

NannyJan53 Mon 27-May-19 08:15:29

Good Morning from a cloudy but still warm Black Country.

Partner will be watching the Villa V Derby match today, in the hope that Villa win and will be promoted!

So I will pop over to Mums and bring her back here for a BBQ this evening.

My friend is coming over sometime today from Stamford (she moved there almost 2 years ago). Sadly she is coming for a funeral tomorrow of a friend of hers. We are putting her up overnight, so she doesn't have so far to travel tomorrow.

Sounds like a busy week ahead for you NanKate

DannieRae we are off to Rhodes on 16th June, we stay in the village of Lindos, which is very popular for weddings. Hope you have a wonderful time.

Have a lovely Bank Holiday everyone

cornergran Mon 27-May-19 08:13:01

Morning Mick, morning All from a very grey corner of Somerset. Disappointed as the forecast was for sunshine. Very little sleep so a slow start, not sure what the day will bring, nothing too energetic I suspect. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

Marydoll Mon 27-May-19 08:06:35

Good morning all from a cool Glasgow.

A day in for me today, just taking it easy,.
I am plodding through a very dull detective story set in Florence, but I'm determined to finish it. I have to know who "dunnit"!

DanniRae, what a great place for a wedding. I hope everything goes well.

Sprout Mon 27-May-19 07:48:32

Morning Mick and all. Nice morning in this part of Kent. My brother and his wife coming for dinner today looking forward to seeing them. He looks a lot like my hubby so the older dog loves him and makes so much fuss of him but gets upset when he goes home. It's heartbreaking . Anyway hope you all have a good day.

Alygran Mon 27-May-19 07:45:29

Good morning from Derbyshire. Looks a bit cold and grey here but still in bed! Managed a bit of gardening with DD2 when the rain stopped yesterday. Will see DD1 and DGS today before heading home to Yorkshire later.
Have a good day everyone.