Gransnet forums

Chat

Search Problem

(4 Posts)
Rufus2 Mon 27-May-19 15:27:58

Elegan is right Rufus it’s a pointless task
Thanks for the Google tip! It seems to work. grin I'll have to abandon the hunt for now seeing as how it's past the witching hour and busy day ahead; Alison, cleaner first then visit to (chinese) dentist, Mary. Appointment was set for 2.30pm so gave me opportunity to try Benny Hill's old joke, but surprised it went down like a lead balloon! Hope I can still find it amusing after our session. Hate them! sad

BlueBelle Mon 27-May-19 13:23:35

Elegan is right Rufus it’s a pointless task never comes up with anything and yes we ve often asked for it to be looked at to no avail It’s not you

Elegran Mon 27-May-19 13:14:47

Abandon hope, Rufus We have been complaining about the search box for years, but it doesn't improve. You might even do better to search on Google or Bing - Gransnet posts come up on those search engines more reliably than on the on-site Gransnet Search.

Rufus2 Mon 27-May-19 12:40:07

Can someone please show me how to navigate "Search"? Every key word I can think of doesn't work and all messages come in a hopeless tangle. No order whatsoever! The 7 digit numbers are not in order and I cannot decipher them anyway! I can usually remember the approx. era in which my search should concentrate, but that requires the results to be in chronological order. What's to be done? sad Thank you!