Gransnet forums

Chat

Handbag contents

(93 Posts)
annep1 Mon 27-May-19 17:56:45

Getting ready for an evening out. (Katherine Jenkins). Important items to put in handbag..voltarol, gaviscon and panadol. How times change!?

Allegretto Wed 29-May-19 16:46:52

I carry a small cross-body bag as I like to keep it light. It usually contains my purse, keys, phone, tissues, lipstick, and a few painkillers.

annep1 Wed 29-May-19 19:05:10

Goodness gracious! I really can't believe how much people carry. Bags must be so heavy, although I have a lightweight Kipling.. I'll have to ask all my friends now.

Nanny41 Thu 30-May-19 11:19:59

Mobile phone, car keys,purse, allergy tablets, headache tablets, tissues, pen, comb, and a litttle torch, very useful sometimes, och forgot lipstick, and hand gel.

Katek Thu 30-May-19 11:40:21

Purse (wallet type with bank cards etc), multiple pens, notebook, comb, car keys, ds’s door key, public hall keys, inhaler, make up bag containing foundation, mascara, lip gloss, perfume, deodorant, small plastic bag containing paracetamol, cocodamol, prednisilone (?), small box Rennies, little multi tool, emery board, mobile!! Dh always asks if I have the insurance policies and a stepladder in there as well......grin

Witzend Thu 30-May-19 11:43:14

In addition to the usual stuff, I usually have a few random stones, collected by Dgs (nearly 3) who is very interested in them, so a lot are put into granny's bag for safe keeping, though he very often forgets once home..

When Gdd was a bit younger it was ditto with sundry leaves, twigs, conkers, pine cones, etc.

sarahanew Sat 01-Jun-19 19:10:29

Be prepared, were you a scout? I travel light, usually with a friend who's as organised as you!

Hotline Fri 20-Sep-19 22:20:52

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

LondonGranny Fri 20-Sep-19 22:46:48

I don't so much have a handbag, more of a Tardis.

Oopsminty Fri 20-Sep-19 22:59:21

I wandered round town with a shoe in my handbag once.

LondonGranny Fri 20-Sep-19 23:08:18

Hotline
I've never bought a new handbag. It's worth looking in charity shops. Always a good idea to look in posh areas. I got a beautiful leather handbag from a charity shop on the Fulham Road (the World's End end) for less than £1 about 25 years ago. Still in really good nick and beautiful soft leather. Mostly though I use a capacious canvas shoulder bag my daughter got me from Primark at least ten years ago. Nice wide straps that don't dig in if it's full of heavy stuff.

BradfordLass72 Fri 20-Sep-19 23:25:22

I own just one handbag and it contains a few Panadol in case the pain in my arthritic feet gets too bad.

Apart from that: purse, keys, notebook and black felt pen (can't see biro now) a small vial of Gucci 'Rush' and tissues.

NotSpaghetti Sat 21-Sep-19 19:59:35

Lupatria - I have almost everything you have in yours (no dangle things) plus (!) a drawing pencil, hard pencil, "industrial" metal tape measure, masking tape, notebook, ipad, business cards two different types of scissors, a few samples of yarn (for colour) and a smallish bottle of perfume.
It's not a handbag in the true sense of the word, it's a leather tote.

BlueBelle Sat 21-Sep-19 20:06:04

Not much purse, keys, glasses, tissues that’s my lot

BlueBelle Sat 21-Sep-19 20:08:37

Like another poster I ve never bought a new handbag that I can remember charity shops are my answer

Harris27 Sat 21-Sep-19 20:28:40

Inhaler Filofax phone purse perfume comb tissues small compact shopper paracetamol lucky charm ( in small area) didn’t realise I had that much!

BlueSapphire Sat 21-Sep-19 20:39:23

Purse, keys, phone, tissues, lipstick, pen/pencil, bus pass, spare pair of knickers, shopping bag, nail file, diary.

Urmstongran Sat 21-Sep-19 21:41:18

Surely I’m not the only one on here with several bags? Day or evening. Clutch, cross body, small tote to fit my iPad on some days? Different colours, different sizes.

I recently put a pretty box in my wardrobe. The idea is to empty the contents of whatever bag I’ve just used and then the next day (or evening) rummage through said box and take with me what seems ‘necessary’ for what my plans are.

I got fed up of checking different bags looking for stuff to put in the handbag of choice!
?

I hate rucksacks.

Especially when the wearer forgets the size of them on their back and whacks me as they squeeze past!