Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(42 Posts)
12Michael Tue 28-May-19 06:08:27

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking grey but its dry here in Brackley this morning.
Back to usual routine later , with a bus trip to Bicester and Buckingham for coffees and shops.
But first some housework.
Mick

NanKate Tue 28-May-19 21:48:36

I was banned from Lewis’s children’s hairdressing dept as I screamed when they tried to cut my hair and upset the other children.

NanKate Tue 28-May-19 21:46:32

My mum used to work at Lewis’s back in the day. There was a small zoo on the roof. As an 11 year old I would take the bus into B’ham go to the cafe in Barrows and have a glass of orange squash and a choc cake with a face on the front. I have always been at ease going to cafes by myself.

nonnasusie Tue 28-May-19 13:30:27

easybee my wedding dress came from Rackham's too!! I remember Lewis's too. The top floor always had seasonal displays, Father Christmas in his grotto and at Easter incubaters with chicks hatching! Would be classed as animal cruelty now and certainly not allowed! It had a food hall as well where we all went to buy cream cakes whenever there was a celebration at work!

eazybee Tue 28-May-19 10:47:32

Oh, I remember the lovely Rackhams, my wedding dress came from .there. I remember it being built, when they constructed a viewing platform so you could watch! The amazing fabric hall, the window displays and the lovely Lilac Tree restaurant. My mother and I used to go to Birmingham by train and spend most of the day in Rackhams. Sorry to hear it is closing.
I also remember Lewis's, (not John Lewis), prior to Rackhams, where the big treat was to ride up, and down, the escalator. I miss the Department stores.Happy days.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 28-May-19 10:14:40

Morning all from South Notts. The sun is trying to break through after a bit of thunder and a heavy shower late yesterday afternoon. I managed to trim a couple of small trees before the heavens opened.
Hope all is well with everyone.

Irenelily Tue 28-May-19 10:09:02

Cloudy here in the fens where I’m staying on my eldest daughter’s farm. We also have youngest daughter’s two boys for half term. All busy as they breed dogs so the boys are involved in training. Hope the rain keeps off so we can all get outside!

Legs55 Tue 28-May-19 10:00:35

Good morning Mick, good morning all from sunny (at the moment) Devon. We had rain overnight & will possibly have showers today.

Off to Podiatrist this morning, NHS due to Diabetes, my feet will feel wonderful after I've beengrin.

Not sure what I shall do the rest of the day, out in the garden if it's sunny if not housework.

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 28-May-19 09:50:03

Good morning from east London, cloudy with a bit of sunshine. Had planned to make an early start today but reading got the better of me again. Have to drop off my tennis racket for stringing, then to the hospital for a blood test. Had hoped to get there before the crush, but will just have to take a good book.. And then it’s book club tonight and GD comes back for her sleepover. Have a good day.

dragonfly46 Tue 28-May-19 09:33:07

Good morning all it was an early start today as have a hospital appointment.

Mapleleaf Tue 28-May-19 09:30:08

Good morning everyone,
A dull, overcast morning here today. I hope it brightens up a bit as I would like to plant up some pots and perhaps cut the grass, but at the moment it looks like rain is on the way. Think it might be housework instead!
Hoping to see my friend this afternoon.
Enjoy your day. ?

Slowcookervegan Tue 28-May-19 09:22:13

Good morning from Gateshead. Its cloudy and cool here today. Im watching dvds and wondering about what to have for breakfast. Then im off out for a walk.
Hope you all have a lovely Tuesday.

EllanVannin Tue 28-May-19 09:20:52

Good morning All x
Not a bit like Summer here in the NW as it's quite chilly in that sea breeze. Cloudy and sunny at the mo.

Started my shopping list though I don't need much myself it's mainly because of the cats as their food is cheaper in bulk rather than corner shops. It's the calm before the storm as regards shopping because I'll be going frantic in a couple of weeks before my Aussie visitors.

Bit of ironing to do then flick the duster over the place, nothing too energetic. Won't risk any washing today I don't think.

Hope everyone is okay and Marydoll gets sorted one way or another, chest pains are scary.

aggie Tue 28-May-19 09:06:45

Good Morning all , sun is shining , but it is decidedly chilly , i took my coffee for a walk round the garden to check where DD1 had put new plants but had to come back in for a jacket so ended up staying in , hope it warms up soon !
Marydoll can your GP chase up the Angiogram ? you need help now xxx

Auntieflo Tue 28-May-19 08:58:38

Morning Michael, Annie to come, and all GN’s.
Can’t be Tuesday already, where did Monday go? Oh right, I did some gardening, and am trying to make a pond in a pot, so now have achey muscles. I did soak in the bath yesterday afternoon, but that was because it got chilly as well.
Glad I didn’t hang my washing out overnight, as it has rained here, but will put it out in a minute.
Handyman coming to check sizes for the new hinges on loads of doors, then I am volunteering this afternoon.
Marydoll, hope you soon feel a bit better, it’s going on too long.
Have a good day one and all.

Anniebach Tue 28-May-19 08:55:12

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Gardener didn’t turn up Saturday and I bought shrubs and
bedding plants for him to plant , grrrrr

Hope everyone has a good day x

Pittcity Tue 28-May-19 08:39:05

Good morning from Colchester where the clouds are gathering again. The early sunshine has disappeared and rain is due by noon.
Laundry to do and hang indoors followed by a pile of ironing.

crazyH Tue 28-May-19 08:30:51

Goodmorning mick and all...have a nice day !

Greyduster Tue 28-May-19 08:23:21

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from an overcast South Yorkshire. We have had GS here overnight and he is just surfacing. I will take him to the cinema later (not grandad’s sort of film - he will take my books back to the library!). Kitty enjoy Morecambe - don’t go cockle picking though! Have a good day folks.

oldgaijin Tue 28-May-19 08:20:35

Good morning from a cloudy Aberdeenshire...there are blinks of sunshine but it is still nippy outside.
This is chemo day so have been up early for shower etc and hung out a load of washing. Bird feeders are next and the pheasants are shouting for their corn.
My lovely chum who drives me comes at 9.00'ish so I better crack on! We have a rare blether going in to the hospital and stop at the "cheese scone shop" (Markies food) on the way home...they are wonderful, split and toasted, with a bowl of soup.
Have a good day everyone.

gillybob Tue 28-May-19 08:15:56

Good morning from a cool and damp NE coast . It’s been raining and the sky is grey, so a lot more to come I think.

2 days of childcare this week as it’s half term but we will probably have to change our plans if the weather stays as it is. DGD2 (11) is doing quite a long sponsored walk today so hope it doesn’t rain too heavy.

It’s my dads birthday today so I will be seeing him later on.

Enjoy Morcambe kitty we used to go there often when I was a child, but haven’t been for years. Hope your DH appointment goes well Gramaretto .

Have a good Tuesday everyone. x

Sprout Tue 28-May-19 08:14:26

Morning Mick and all. Nice in this part of Kent. Rained all night but sun trying to come out. Brother and sister in law came for dinner yesterday we had a lovely day plenty of laughs. Clear up day today. Have a good day all and those looking after GC this week on half term enjoy I miss that so much all grown up now and the younger ones now live in France.

Justme67 Tue 28-May-19 08:10:36

Good morning everyone, there is a chill in the air, and a rather watery sun is doing its' best to break through the light cloud. Had a bad nights' sleep again, it is becoming a habit, I can fall asleep easily in the armchair at 9.15pm, but that seems to ruin in chance of sleeping in bed, Never mind, it is another day and I am out with friends to a coffee morning with home made cakes, thank goodness. Take care

Alygran Tue 28-May-19 07:57:06

Good morning
Cloudy in North Yorkshire and it looks like it will rain soon. Drove home yesterday so shopping and catching up for me today. Must also book some airport car parking for my trip to Croatia next week.

ninathenana Tue 28-May-19 07:46:17

Morning all.

The sun is out in Kent again this morning.
To DH's and my delight we had four fox cubs playing chase around our garden yesterday morning while mum sat on the fence watching.
It's Tuesday, so driving DH, shopping and coffee.

harrigran Tue 28-May-19 07:44:33

Good morning from a cool, dqmp NE.
DH up early preparing for his hospital appointment which means I am awake too.
Yesterday's bank holiday was a wash out, I went shopping and it was only 8 degrees.