Gransnet forums

Chat

Horrible dream

(30 Posts)
Eglantine21 Tue 28-May-19 09:55:45

Well, it’s obviously getting to me.

I had a dream where I was having a Brexit argument with Fiona Bruce on the top of a London bus. I accused her of never having been poor and only having a vest to wear.

When I got off at Kings Cross I realised that I had left my heavy hardback library book and my new, crushed raspberry, suede handbag behind.

confused

Fennel Tue 28-May-19 09:59:58

shock - it does sound as if it's 'getting to you Eglantine.
I often dream I've lost my handbag - perhaps it's fear of losing our identity?

Grammaretto Tue 28-May-19 10:00:52

Oh dear!!! I'm sure it's OK as anxiety dreams go. At least you weren't naked. Or were you?

My dream was an airport anxiety dream. I'd turned up and my bag was so light I was pleased until I realised I had no change of clothes and I'd left the wedding gift behind.
I'm going to a wedding abroad next week.

lemongrove Tue 28-May-19 10:06:26

A typical worry dream Eglantine a bit of what dominates politics and maybe a few of your own worries and memories thrown in.
When we sleep, I imagine that the brain gets bored and concocts B movies for itself to watch.grin

Sara65 Tue 28-May-19 10:20:09

I think my main anxiety dream is looking for a toilet, only to find it’s too disgusting to use, or on public display or something

The dream I most often dream, is moving house, I’ve moved to lots of lovely places, mansions, country cottages, town houses, and I always find rooms I didn’t know were there!

Abigailmckd Mon 03-Jun-19 14:21:16

My dreams are complete rubbish.
I did follow them at one time with a dream book interpretation but now I just blank them.i can't even rem one.i did blank them for a reason....not insanity tho!

PamGeo Mon 03-Jun-19 14:31:40

I love that it was a new crushed raspberry suede handbag smile how very chic and specific after arguing with someone who'd never been poor enough to only have a vest.

KatyK Mon 03-Jun-19 15:04:50

I have a recurring dream that I have lost my handbag too. Another is that I'm in town late at night with no way of getting home. When I try to use my phone, the screen is distorted and won't work. I find a phone box and it's broken. Scary.

Franbern Mon 03-Jun-19 16:06:55

Had a dream that my move had taken place. One of my daughters and some g.children helped me on the day I moved - no problems. In the evening I treated us all to a take away fish and chip supper, then went to bed. Then woke in the morning absolutely devastated, thinking 'What Have I done?' Fortunately, I woke up at that point, but it has really worried me, as I am intending to move so far away from London.

Sara65 Mon 03-Jun-19 16:22:03

I love dreaming, I always try and remember what I’ve dreamt

I’ve got a dream book too, but it’s too general, do any of you ever have dreams, that are so weird and embarrassing, you cannot tell anyone!!!

DoraMarr Mon 03-Jun-19 16:23:15

For years I occasionally had a dream where I was giving a lecture dressed only in a pink rayon vest. Everyone in the audience was interested in the lecture, nodding approvingly, laughing at my humorous asides, some taking notes. I was the only one aware that I was almost naked. The funny thing is that the props changed over time: at first it was a blackboard and chalk, then a whiteboard and pointer, then a PowerPoint and laser pointer. Apparently it’s called “Impostor Syndrome.”

KatyK Mon 03-Jun-19 16:27:18

Sara Yes! blush

Nonnie Mon 03-Jun-19 17:01:33

I've had some horrible nightmares, most of them seem to have nothing to do with my real life. I think we only wake up from the horrible ones and not the good ones.

BlueSapphire Mon 03-Jun-19 17:41:14

I used to dream a lot about falling down staircases - hence my fear of strange steps or stairs.
Before I had DS I used to dream about cuddling a baby; once I had a baby those dreams stopped.
Likewise I used to dream about driving a car - when I learned to drive and passed my test those dreams stopped as well.

BlueSapphire Mon 03-Jun-19 17:44:16

Oh, and I still dream about being in front of a class and having nothing prepared and the sheer panic I felt - I retired from teaching in 2001! (And have never been at a loss in the classroom).

Kittye Mon 03-Jun-19 17:50:47

Sara65 they are my dreams too. Glad I’m not the only one who has them. I feel uneasy after the loo dream and disappointed after the mansion dream grin

MawBroonsback Mon 03-Jun-19 17:56:37

I think dreaming you have actually woken up and believe this is reality is the most disturbing thing, then you realise it still a dream but when you do wake up there is still the fear you might be dreaming, if you see what I mean.

petra Mon 03-Jun-19 17:56:39

I have the most wonderful flying dreams. I don't mean in a plane, just my body flying over countries.

Kittye Mon 03-Jun-19 17:57:37

KatyK I have the phone dream too. They are usually dial phones and when I put my finger in the holes they stretch and I can’t turn the dial. If they have buttons they always stay down as I press them. I just wondered if I was crazy what with phone, loo and mansion dreams .
I do occasionally have flying dreams where I’m soaring through the air like the boy in the Snowman. Love those dreams!

Sara65 Mon 03-Jun-19 18:03:42

I’m glad I’m not the only one Kittye, I really don’t know why I’m so obsessed with toilets! Especially the disgusting ones I dream about !

DoraMarr Mon 03-Jun-19 19:43:57

Apparently dreaming about toilets is about wanting to get rid of some “shit” in our lives.

Avor2 Mon 03-Jun-19 19:48:27

My dreams seem to be about the same things, losing my purse and not being able get the train back home? I have been told that dreaming you are flying is a freedom thing? used to have those. Lately my dreams seem to have all my family that have died, I also am either still living at parents home, or in my first home after I got married for the first time, also my ex turns up in them occasionally. oh I wish I knew what it all meant !!!

blondenana Mon 03-Jun-19 20:12:03

I used to dream about flying a lot when i was with my first husband, i just flew over trees and even clouds
After i left him i never had those dreams again, so yes, definitely escape dreams

Willow500 Mon 03-Jun-19 20:19:24

Yesterday my son visited us and was talking about a dream (nightmare) he'd had where he was driving backwards and couldn't stop or steer properly and I sometimes have the same dream - it usually ends with me hitting something shock.

My most frequent dreams are either coming downstairs or coming home and finding the house has been completely stripped bare and my handbag and computer have gone or finding the house completely surrounded by flood water. Both anxiety dreams I know. I also have the one where I'm desperately looking for a toilet they are either disgusting or I'm not able to be alone long enough to go!

Sara65 Mon 03-Jun-19 20:31:20

Well that figures Dora!

Seems a lot of us have plenty to get rid of!