Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wenesday

(40 Posts)
12Michael Wed 29-May-19 06:26:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but looks a bit brighter as to yesterdays start to the day in Brackley.
Quiet day, nip into Waitrose , visit from chiropodist , pay a bill and then from lunchtime watch todays stage of the Giro D Italia.
Mick

nipsmum Wed 29-May-19 10:52:00

Morning all. Aberdeen is pleasant with hazy sunshine. Well done Elizabeth. Glad to see you are making good progress. Keep up the physio, not easy but worth it.

HillyN Wed 29-May-19 10:45:09

Happy birthday Hymnbook, have a lovely day party cupcake flowers

crazyH Wed 29-May-19 10:42:39

Goodmorning Mick and all.
You will get there Elizabeth1.....slow and steady wins the race.
Oldgaijn.....good wishes. Chemo can be tough, but worth the struggle.
Happy Birthday Hymnbook.....hope you have better weather than the dull, damp day in Wales.

Hymnbook Wed 29-May-19 10:32:54

Morning everyone it's my birthday today. Going out for lunch then hopefully if the weather holds a nice walk round newstead abbey. Hope today is good for you all

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 29-May-19 10:32:27

Morning all from South Notts. White skies, it's not really doing anything at the moment. Feel quite industrious, changed the bedding and put the washer on. Off to town shortly.
Best wishes to you all, especially Elizabeth and Oldgaijin. Hope the funeral goes all right,*Ellan*.

Legs55 Wed 29-May-19 10:31:06

Morning all, grey, damp & cold here in Devon, hope weather picks up again. Nothing planned for today so I may have to do some houseworksad, not my favourite job but needs must & I haven't the excuse of escaping into the garden.

Keep up the good work Elizabeth1, flowers

EllanVannin Wed 29-May-19 10:18:05

Good morning All x
Dull and cold here today and still wearing jumpers !
Was going to go to a funeral today but don't really feel up to it unfortunately. There are too many lately.

Haven't you done well Elizabeth ? Keep up the good work ! All good wishes to you and Oldgaijin and those who are recovering from serious illness. x

I don't envisage going very far today, just local shops and generally taking things easy.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Harris27 Wed 29-May-19 09:56:41

Good morning all from sunny NE dh broke news one if his jobs has gone bit of a shock as it keeps us afloat does have other self employed job so fingers crossed we can mange. I'm working and will have to up my hours so no long lengthy retirement thank you government for making me work till 66! Enough of my moaning good luck Elizabeth sending you hugs and realising how precious it all is! X

dragonfly46 Wed 29-May-19 09:41:41

Good morning all - good to hear from you Elizabeth and sounding so positive.

I had a very confusing appointment with my oncologist yesterday so spending today getting my head round it. Also having a hearing test to add to my ailments!

Mapleleaf Wed 29-May-19 09:36:35

Good morning all from a bright but breezy SY.
Lovely to hear from you Eluzabeth1. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Same for you, Oldgaigin - take the day as it comes. ?? for both of you.
I need to pop into town to pay a bill, then do a quick bit of baking when I get home. After that, not a lot!
Have a good day. ?

Anniebach Wed 29-May-19 09:07:14

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Rain forecast for Mid Wales today.

Hope everyone has a good day x

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 29-May-19 08:56:15

Good morning from east London, quite bright this morning but temperature definitely dropping. DG still sleeping, not surprising as it was almost midnight before she settled down. I’m off to my tennis session so DP is hoping she’ll sleep a bit longer. We’ll be taking her to gymnastics at 4 then after she goes home, we’re off to a local comedy club to see Arthur Smith. Have a good day.

Greyduster Wed 29-May-19 08:22:51

Good morning Michael and all GNs. A fair day in prospect until later this afternoon. I am waiting for GS to come over. We hope to get a bit of baking in today. I have a hospital appointment later.
Every good wish for your recovery Elizabeth1 - good to hear you are making progress. Have a good day, folks.

Urmstongran Wed 29-May-19 08:20:16

Your post was after mine oldgaijin - just want to say you must be going through a tough time. I admire your fortitude. Best wishes to you.

A friend of mine had to go through it (twice, bless) and she said she wasn’t brave at all. She likened it to getting on a bike and pedalling away in the hope she arrived at her destination, healthy once more.

She is.
?

Auntieflo Wed 29-May-19 08:19:33

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all GN's. It is a bit overcast here, but no rain, yet!
I have an appointment for a haircut this morning, Then we are off to hospital for DH's planning for radiotherapy. So we may have a nice lunch out beforehand.
Wishing all those who have had bad health, all the best, there are quite a few here, but all upbeat and looking forward. Well done .
My tiny pond that I started to make on Monday, is clearing nicely and will soon be able to put in about three plants. My neighbours are overrun with newts, and I would love to think a few may come our way.

harrigran Wed 29-May-19 08:19:28

Good morning from a sunny NE.
DH has lunchtime hospital appointment, needs the remainder of afternoon to rest so quiet day for me today.
DD arrives in the UK this evening but no plans yet to meet up.
DS and family are in Scotland, please let it not be raining.
Best wishes Elizabeth, plenty of TLC from GC is the best medicine.

Marydoll Wed 29-May-19 08:12:44

Good morning all and especially Elizabeth1!

A cloudy day here in Glasgow, DH has been blundering about since 5.30am, he is away to play golf! How can one person make so much noise?

I blame him for me buying a top this morning from QVC, a top I didn't actually need. If I hadn't been up wandering about, I wouldn't have put the tv on!! grin
This top was bought just after I put five bags out for the BHF charity shop uplift this morning!! The irony is not entirely lost on me. wink

I am so happy to see Elizabeth1 posting, Marelli has been keeping me up to date on your progress. You have had a very difficult time.

oldgaijin, I hope you feel better, just take it easy today.

An easy day for me today, I'm feeling a bit more upbeat after my wobble yesterday. No childminding duties today, so I shall just potter about the garden.
It used to be my pride and joy, but it's needing a lot of tidying up after the building work and I'm not allowed to do anything strenuous. sad

Have a good Wednesday, everyone!

Elizabeth1 Wed 29-May-19 08:09:55

The sun ☀️ has got his hat on this morning and it’s great to be able to enjoy it thank you for your best wishes you kind peoples need all the support I can get my poor duh also needsloadsof support atthis time he must be shocked during thisperiod in his life. We’re off to the cinema the weekend after next ? I think I’m turning a corner now on the road to getting home I’m soo looking forward to going home ?

Alygran Wed 29-May-19 07:56:46

Good morning. Sunshine in North Yorkshire this morning. Hopefully the lawn will dry and I will get it cut later. Man coming this morning to replace the controller for the underfloor heating in the conservatory and I need to pop to the market to get a picture framed for DD1.
Good to hear from you Elizabeth1.
Oldgaigin take it easy, chemo can be tough.
Have a good day everyone.

Pittcity Wed 29-May-19 07:51:30

Good morning from an overcast Colchester. Usual Wednesday coffee meetup in town and a bit of mooching around the shops.

Glad to see you posting Elizabeth1 and that you are improving.

ninathenana Wed 29-May-19 07:42:36

Good morning.

Grey skies over Kent today, we may get the rain they have been forecasting for a week.
Apart from driving DH too and from jobs, I have no plans today.
Eizabeth wishing you continued spirit and a good recovery.

oldgaijin Wed 29-May-19 07:34:55

Good morning from a bright Aberdeenshire. Am still in my bed and shall stay here 'til I feel less of a wrung out cloot after yesterday's chemo. I think the mutt is feeling off colour too so we shall cuddle up together and snooze.

NannyJan53 Wed 29-May-19 07:28:46

Good Morning from a cloudy Black Country.

I too admire your spirit Elizabeth and wishing you all the best for your speedy recovery.

Funnily enough Dora I was in the Edwardian tearoom at the Art Gallery yesterday!

Today I am meeting my daughter for lunch (she is an Assistant Head Teacher so off this week) the DGD's are off out for the day, so it is just the two of us which doesn't happen very often. We are going to the new pub that has opened in her village recently.

Good luck also on your recovery Lins and happy birthday to your DH wine cupcake

gillybob Wed 29-May-19 07:25:54

Good morning from a much brighter and sunnier NE coast than we have seen of late. Fingers crossed it stays like this for the rest of the children’s half term which has been a wash out so far.

So pleased to see you posting again Elizabeth1 and hope you are well on the road to a full recovery. How terrifying all this must’ve been for you. Glad there are some lovely people looking after you but a shame there are always those who are perhaps “in the wrong job”. I wish you much strength for the coming weeks x

Childcare day for me yesterday and my dads birthday. He still had to do his usual Tuesday big shop though. DGS announced that we should take great grandad to McDonalds for a birthday treat, which we did. My dad thoroughly enjoyed it and even said he might go back sometime. smile

I’m off to “that place” to catch up today. Can’t say I am looking forward to it one iota.

Have a good Wednesday everyone. Sending you all lots of sunshine x

BlueSapphire Wed 29-May-19 07:25:34

Good morning from a very grey Northampton.

You sound as though you are making good progress Elizabeth; I hope you make a speedy reconery.

Book club this morning, then DD picking me up this afternoon; we shall be going to our ladies wine club tonight, so looking forward to it.