Gransnet forums

Chat

running out of steam

(32 Posts)
M0nica Sat 01-Jun-19 17:52:53

If my body says stop. I just stop. it is daft to do anything else.

cornergran Fri 31-May-19 20:57:39

Don’t fret it happens to the best of us and you’re in good company. Probably just one of those days when listening to your body is the best plan. If it lasts a week or two then maybe see the doctor, otherwise take it easy when you need to. We all deserve a rest. smile.

crazyH Fri 31-May-19 20:29:48

And me ...knackered, just looking at the weeds in the borders ?

Grammaretto Fri 31-May-19 20:11:03

Apart from yoga this morning, which left me knackered, and making a pot of soup, I've done sweet FA today apart from look at my knitting and be on here. As for the poor garden. It's chucking it down so not a chance. I'm supposed to be clearing a room ready to take up the carpet but there's still a long way to go. It's Friday. Even when you're retired the days and weeks keep rolling by and have a certain symmetry. Early night called for travelsofar ?

Liz46 Fri 31-May-19 19:41:10

Snap travelsafar. I've managed to water my tomatoes, beans and baskets and then just collapsed with a cup of tea. If your body tells you to rest, just do it without feeling guilty.

Maybe we will both wake up full of beans tomorrow!

SisterAct Fri 31-May-19 18:41:37

Oh Travelsafar. It sounds like you’ve done a lot, watering baskets etc isn’t easy, especially if you are under-par

Be kind to yourself and have a rest. There is another day tomorrow and perhaps other half could make you a cup of tea. ?

travelsafar Fri 31-May-19 18:33:17

Some days i can keep plodding on until the evening but others, like today, all i want to do is sit as i feel worn out and my back is hurting too. MY garden is calling on this lovely summery evening but i am just to tired to get out there and get going.I have managed to water the baskets and my toms and beans but that is it i am bushed. Even had 'words' with other half as he was irratating me so much whereas ususally i just bite my lip!!!