Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Mon 03-Jun-19 06:08:44

Good Morning Everyone,
I have woken to a sunny start this morning in Brackley .
Its will be a day with a difference for me as I see the nurse this afternoon as to my diabetes 2.
I have put on around a kg or more since they last weighed me , so that will show.
Mick

glammagran Mon 03-Jun-19 17:09:30

To posters with opium poppies in the garden - how do you know they are unless you “process” them ?

No particularly nice weather in North Wiltshire over the weekend. Friday evening was the best it it.

Ellanvannin maybe it was a song thrush you heard. I have a bird app on my phone which plays individual bird song and I’ve become far more proficient at recognising them

Mapleleaf Mon 03-Jun-19 15:46:17

Welcome to GN, Socalgal.

Socalgal Mon 03-Jun-19 15:20:35

Good morning to all...first time posting on Gransnet. Right now it is foggy here in Southern California but hoping it will burn off soon and the rest of the day will be sunny! In a few hours husband and I will visit our newest DGS. He was born two months early and is in the NICU. They say he is doing very well and really quite feisty for such a little one.

Legs55 Mon 03-Jun-19 13:48:07

Good afternoon all, I've had a busy morning so this is first time I've been able to get on GN. This morning started off sunny but has clouded over & is very windy.

sazzl are you in North or South Devon? I'm in South Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor, I moved here 4 years ago & love it.

Housework or gardening depending on the weather this afternoon. Lunch firstsmile Have a good day all, hope all your plans work out.

Mapleleaf Mon 03-Jun-19 13:16:21

Your flowers look lovely, Auntieflo.

sazz1 Mon 03-Jun-19 12:11:25

Nice day in Devon today. We are back at our caravan for 2 weeks and hoping our house sells soon so we can retire to this lovely area. I love it here

BazingaGranny Mon 03-Jun-19 11:20:43

Sunny ish cloudy ish lovely day in London, great walk with our dog, lots of flowers around - now to slowly clean our house after several visiting relations have gone home!

GabriellaG54 Mon 03-Jun-19 10:41:56

Good morning to all. It's partly sunny with bits of blue sky here in SE Surrey.
After a very enjoyable few days in Italy, I returned to a glorious riot of colour from the blooms in the half barrels and pots planted prior to
A small food shop today then read and relax. Bliss.
I hope everyone has a good or better day. grin

Auntieflo Mon 03-Jun-19 09:54:45

Morning Michael, Annie and all. Michael, hope all goes well with the Diabetes nurse. Why does 1Kg sound more than 2lbs?
Travelsafar we have those lovely poppies in our front garden, and also the peonies are good at the moment.
BlueSapphire, fingers crossed that you finally have hot water today. How on earth can it have gone on for so long?
It started out really sunny here, but has now clouded over slightly.
I want to get out into the garden to finish clearing up what I started yesterday. I emptied two big pots, and the ants were not amused, and I got bitten a couple of times.
Have a good day one and all.

Mapleleaf Mon 03-Jun-19 09:42:32

Good morning,
It's bright, sunny, breezy and cooler here today. A good day for my washing.
Off to coffee morning in a bit then back to do some chores.
Strawberry tea this evening at WI, so helping to set up tables this pm.
Have a good day.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 03-Jun-19 09:03:51

Morning all from a sunny South Notts. A quiet day today, but will ring the vet to see if puss can have his steroids and antibiotics for his dental problems.
Hope all is well with everyone.

Anniebach Mon 03-Jun-19 08:58:16

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Rain forecast for Mid Wales- again

Hope everyone has a good day x

Pittcity Mon 03-Jun-19 08:48:21

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Walking netball this morning.
It's an inset day here and we are on grandparent duty too.

BlueSapphire Mon 03-Jun-19 08:39:42

Once it's up and running again, then British Gas will be getting a strongly worded complaint from me : they have let me down big time, and I shall certainly let them know. I am just glad it's not the middle of winter, as I would have been left without heating as well.

harrigran Mon 03-Jun-19 08:36:52

Good morning, sunny start to the day after a very windy night.
GD still in bed but she has an inset day and we will just have a relaxing day.
Looks like this may be the only decent day of the week weather wise.

MawBroonsback Mon 03-Jun-19 08:30:47

Good morning all from N Bucks where it is sunny with a bit if a breeze, what my mother would have always called “Good Drying Weather” , so I have popped a load in while I enjoy a mug of tea.
Fingers crossed for your hot water Blue Sapphire your wait has been truly appalling and with a British Gas service contract too?
Back to Art History this afternoon which is wall to wall pleasure. Our tutor is one of the nicest women, knowledgeable and a gifted communicator, and the others on the course (about 10 of us) just lovely people.
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

ninathenana Mon 03-Jun-19 08:24:54

Morning everyone.
Hazy sunshine in Kent. DH will be cooking breakfast soon then off to the allotment in the hopes that someone has handed his phone into the office after he left it on the bench yesterday.
Phew kitty.....and breath. Hope that all goes to plan.
I hope nurses, dentists, gas men appointments go well too

oldgaijin Mon 03-Jun-19 08:23:39

Good morning from a bright but very breezy Aberdeenshire. The mutt is still curled up beside me. I think the garden beckons today but can only do a little at a time before the need for a rest...this chemo thing robs you of all energy, but weeding has to be done.
Yesterday's afternoon tea was a huge success...the Prosecco flowed and the little home baked were delicious.
Have a great day everyone.

gillybob Mon 03-Jun-19 08:14:07

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a sunny but breezy start to the week.

A strange Monday for me, as after an exhausting whole weekend of childcare , I still have 2 of the older DGC here. The primary school has an in service day today (after a week off). I’m sure they think all parents can just take time off work fully paid, when of course they can’t . It’s hard enough covering 13 weeks holiday between us with 4 weeks annual leave but that another matter.

Anyway I am going to try and do 3-4 hours work today from home and go in all day tomorrow instead of my usual 5 hours in between the Tuesday school run. I’ll somehow have to see to my dad today instead of tomorrow too and as “a man of strict routine” he won’t be happy.

I’m slowly getting to the stage where I’m past caring and wonder if anyone thinks I might want or need to do something.

Sorry for rant.

I sincerely hope that your hot water is finally fixed today BlueSapphire the time you have waited is beyond ridiculous!

I hope you get your swim in the Med soon Urmstongran enjoy your ladies get together today.........I’m soooooo jealous.

Have a good Monday everyone x

EllanVannin Mon 03-Jun-19 08:05:32

Good morning All x
Sunny, breezy but at least brighter than the last few days.
Woke up earlier listening to an unusual birdsong which I couldn't make out but it was beautiful. It was about 5am or thereabouts. Not the usual blackbird or finches.

Must get stuck in to some real cleaning starting today, washing in between as long as the weather holds.
Shower first then must get cracking.

Hope all goes well with everyone as well as Mick at the surgery--a kg isn't so bad !

Greyduster Mon 03-Jun-19 08:05:31

Love the Yorkshire Sculpture Park, Alygran! Enjoy your visit!

Greyduster Mon 03-Jun-19 08:04:33

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire and we are hoping the work on our patio will be finished today, as the forecast for the rest of the week is dire. School run later this afternoon. Have a good day, one and all!

Alygran Mon 03-Jun-19 07:59:13

Good morning. Sunny and breezy here in a North Yorkshire. Heading south shortly to meet DD1 and DGS at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park. It’s about half way between us. Hope it stays dry.
Enjoy your day everyone.

Urmstongran Mon 03-Jun-19 07:47:16

Good morning everyone from sunny Malaga. The Mediterranean looks beautiful this morning - I must make sure I swim in it soon instead of just looking at it! Perhaps we will have a beach day this week.

My ladies group this afternoon where we get together in a local bar for chat, laughter and wine - one of the best days of the week!
???

Hope Monday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Justme67 Mon 03-Jun-19 07:45:12

Good morning to you all, the sun is coming through the hazy cloud not sure if it is going to spend the day with us, must wait and see. Had a lovely morning with friends at bowls yesterday, did not play, but foolishly I looked at the sun-cream in my locker and did not put any on, I now have a very red face and my nose will probably bloom later on.
Travelafar we too have opium poppies in the garden, I prefer the wild ones, and do not know where this one came from, but always does well, even though I try to move it every year (it is in the completely wrong place, right at the front of the border). It has 15 blooms and unfortunately the aphids have found it! My neighbour would like some seeds, not sure how to go about that, but nothing ventured nothing gained.
My grandson continues his cycle ride through France
and tells me every day of the lovely villages he is riding through and taking time to enjoy. A lot from me this morning, take care and enjoy our days