Gransnet forums

Chat

How’s your day going?

(40 Posts)
Nandalot Mon 03-Jun-19 11:16:38

Mine is not going according to plan! DD and DGC are staying with us at moment. DGD spilt whole glass of blackcurrant and apple juice on living room carpet. We took DGC to school in car as they had bags, PE kit, packed lunches, trumpets and model of a volcano to take today. Meanwhile DD leaves for work. We arrive back, no keys, no, phone, no money. Both sets of neighbours who have our keys are on holiday. Decide to drive 40 minutes to DD’s work to get her keys. She is not there. Wait 45 minutes while reception phone her office and mobile for us with no success. She eventually arrives. She had realised she had the keys, turned around and had been looking all over in village to find us. Return home and have well earned cup of tea only to spill it down the front of my favourite top!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 05-Jun-19 09:48:37

Here's a fairly trivial but daft thing.
I put an egg on to boil and walked away - not my usual behaviour. Silly me. I settled in the sitting room and started writing - editing my 'memoirs'.
Back to the kitchen later - the egg pan is completely dry. Did it boil dry or did I forget to put any water in the pan in the first place? Is this a sign of impending dementia? I tell myself that we all forget things sometimes, but still.

Katyj Tue 04-Jun-19 20:06:17

Thank you Kitty.Mums back from theatre, doing okay.We didn't go to see her this evening, as she didn't get back on the ward until 7 pm. Wishing i had gone nowsad

Nannytopsy Tue 04-Jun-19 19:01:32

Kitty, I think you will find those are my Premium bond winnings! This is the first month since I invested that nothing has come my way! Hope you are still more relaxed.

kittylester Tue 04-Jun-19 17:52:16

That is so sad, ann.

Our DS deserves a second chance at happiness as he has worked so hard to make a good and useful life for himself after his stroke and his flipping first wife but I must not get carried away, I must not get carried away............

And I won quite well on the Premium Bonds.

I hope everyone having a bad day has happier times soon.

annsixty Tue 04-Jun-19 17:36:55

Hopeful news about your S kitty
I hope it blossoms, how happy you will all feel.
Now if only my S would say the same.....
He is forever bound to a girl with bi-polar disorder.
She and I just don't and will never, get on.
They don't even live together, just have 3 lovely S' s in common and that is all.

KatyK Tue 04-Jun-19 17:32:08

My good day was marred whilst waiting at the tram stop with DH and man (possibly in his mid 60s) sat down beside us, took out a notepad, tore out about ten pages, screwed them up individually and threw them onto the lovely pristine tram stop pavement. Grr

Grammaretto Tue 04-Jun-19 16:59:27

It almost makes you believe in astrology doesn't it! be careful today as the stars are set against you actually they never say that. They are generally positive..
You got more than your daily share of bad luck I must say.
I've has a quieter day so far. I met an old pal for lunch who is always a tonic. Now I want a wee lie down.

Parklife1 Tue 04-Jun-19 16:45:15

We’ve had a series of technology failures; the coffee machine, which eventually replaced free of charge, the micro wave, which we replaced, the vacuum cleaner, which started to work again, my Apple Watch, which failed before it was a year old and has been gone for repair for weeks.

On Friday, I put a hole in the bumper of my car, because of a bolt sticking out from a notice and that’ll be expensive and last night, someone tried to break into the car.

I’m telling myself these are small things in the scheme of things and they are, but by golly, they’re annoying.

sharon103 Tue 04-Jun-19 16:01:07

I've had brother visit this afternoon as he always comes on a Tuesday afternoon. I'm worried about my older brother's (79) health. He has been in hospital with urinary sepsis but he's weak and frail. Not right in himself.
I have lots of housework to do as I have my sister and family coming on Sunday. It's been neglected with hospital visits every day. Just couldn't be bothered with anything.
Not a FFS day today for a change lol. No offence but I'm glad it's not just me that has days like that. I just have to tell myself that tomorrow's another day and hopefully better.
Chin up, there's always someone worse off than ourselves.

Gonegirl Tue 04-Jun-19 15:20:23

That must be very hard for you milliespain. I don't really have much advice. I guess, just try to enjoy each day as it comes, like the rest of us do. Best wishes to you. sunshine

milliespain Tue 04-Jun-19 15:14:46

Had another bad day! hoping someone can advise. Cancer three years ago, all good now, regular checks everything fine. However living abroad no friends, no helpful Macmillan nurses and keep putting loads of pressure on HB! I am under so much stress and just need some advice on how to stop looking for signs of cancer coming back. I need to learn how to stop checking myself, read loads of books follow the advice for a day or so and then I am back where I started. So silly need help please.

Nandalot Tue 04-Jun-19 12:49:53

You are sounding more positive Kitty. It is a good thing they are checking it out and now your DD and the doctors will be on a lookout for anything else so if necessary anything can be dealt with promptly.
Katy, hope all goes well for your mum today.

Kim19 Tue 04-Jun-19 11:10:12

I'm with KatyK on this, annsixty. Real friends don't give a fig for how your house looks. Their visit is to see you. And, since you have a regular cleaner, I'll wager 'dirty' is the overstatement of the year. I don't have a cleaner and I'd only ever confess to grubby!! Contrary to OP, my day has started rather well with a spritely walk in fresh but pleasant weather. Lovely but..... I've had the other kind too!!

dragonfly46 Tue 04-Jun-19 11:05:47

Good news Kitty.
Whenever I get a message from my son saying he is sick my heart sinks. The first time he was off work 7 weeks and the second time years later he was off work 7 months!

Ann do not fret I never notice is someone's house is clean or dirty and I am sure your friend won't. Not that I believe it is dirty anyway.

Why is it when we have days like that it starts with one thing going wrong and it just seems to escalate!!

kittylester Tue 04-Jun-19 06:50:21

katyj, I hope all is well for your mum.thanks

kittylester Tue 04-Jun-19 06:48:58

Thank you all for your kindness yesterday. Feeling better today. Dd has had a referral to a dermatologist about a wart on her hand. He wants a biopsy as it looks precancerous.

I was feeling down about it as she had been on the phone for half an hour worrying about it. Therefore, I was worrying about it.

Reason has been restored and, with the help of the NHS website, I'm not so worried.

And, DS1 has announced he has 'been seeing' someone for a while. Which has cheered his old mum up no end!!

Katyj Mon 03-Jun-19 18:00:15

Not very well at all ! Mum has fallen breaking her hip.She's having her operation tomorrow.She's 87 hope she's okay, should be working tomorrow, but don't know wether to go .The nurse asked if I wanted a call before she goes down or after, I've opted for after, but don't know now wethere I should be there when she goes down or not.hmm

BlueSapphire Mon 03-Jun-19 17:48:52

It's been a good day for me; the gasmen finally left at 5pm, having safely installed the new boiler and got everything up and running, and I now have hot water! I am celebrating with a wee glass of sherry!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 03-Jun-19 15:33:37

Oh dear, best wishes, Kitty and Nanda I bet you feel like crawling back to bed, don't you? As for onions all over the floor gt66 - well, words fail me. You have stolen my title of clumsiest woman in the world.
I opened a jar of beetroot this morning and (you guessed it) spilled some of the juice over my favourite tea-towel. I sprayed it and put it into soak, then added some towels etc and loaded the washer. Hey presto, the stain came out. Trivial compared to many troubles.

Gonegirl Mon 03-Jun-19 15:21:17

Hope all is well with DD kitty.

Gonegirl Mon 03-Jun-19 15:18:34

shock

Had to laugh at all the bags though. Reminds me of my GS with his (slightly junior sized) double bass. Good job they don't have to go on bikes like we did. grin

Hope your day picks up. Mine has been enjoyably crap.

gt66 Mon 03-Jun-19 15:07:12

onions spilt not split over floor grin

gt66 Mon 03-Jun-19 15:03:49

No they don't ginny! I sweated onions yesterday, to use in a mince dish today, popped them in the fridge in a glass dish and for some unknown reason, despite opening and closing fridge door many times, at lunch time the glass dish fell out!! Instinct kicked in and I somehow managed to catch the dish, but oily onions split all over kitchen floor. What a mess!! They even fell through gap between freezer and built in door, necessitating hunting for correct screwdriver to unscrew door to clean inside!! Never in my life.................

ginny Mon 03-Jun-19 13:49:49

Some days just don’t go as planned do they?
I have spent all morning trying to find a rug for our hall way and 2 bedside lights. No luck with either.
However I did have the bonus of calling in to see DGS 1 ( who is on study leave) and he made me a lovely cup of tea.

KatyK Mon 03-Jun-19 13:02:38

annsixty Don't worry about a 'dirty' house, which I'm sure it isn't. Enjoy your visit from friends and remember 'those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter' smile