Gransnet forums

Chat

How’s your day going?

(39 Posts)
Nandalot Mon 03-Jun-19 11:16:38

Mine is not going according to plan! DD and DGC are staying with us at moment. DGD spilt whole glass of blackcurrant and apple juice on living room carpet. We took DGC to school in car as they had bags, PE kit, packed lunches, trumpets and model of a volcano to take today. Meanwhile DD leaves for work. We arrive back, no keys, no, phone, no money. Both sets of neighbours who have our keys are on holiday. Decide to drive 40 minutes to DD’s work to get her keys. She is not there. Wait 45 minutes while reception phone her office and mobile for us with no success. She eventually arrives. She had realised she had the keys, turned around and had been looking all over in village to find us. Return home and have well earned cup of tea only to spill it down the front of my favourite top!

vena11 Mon 03-Jun-19 11:20:04

It can only get better now .

Sar53 Mon 03-Jun-19 11:25:53

Oh dear I really hope the rest of your day is better xx

kittylester Mon 03-Jun-19 11:32:35

Just had potentially worrying health news from DD2.

But off out for lunch with friends.

So, so so!

Hope yours improves.

Cherrytree59 Mon 03-Jun-19 11:40:40

Oh dear Nanadalot
Sounds like 'if it can go wrong, it will go wrong' sort of morning

As the song goes 'things can only get better' ?

Here Procrastination is the buzz word.
Cream crackered after a lovely but manic half term, finished off with an impromptu family get together at our house yesterday.

One more cup of coffee and then I promise myself I will get the vacuum and duster. ☕

EllanVannin Mon 03-Jun-19 11:44:02

_____not sure I should have had so many peas yesterday for dinner. A bit scared to cough !

Alima Mon 03-Jun-19 12:08:56

So sorry your day hasn’t been up to scratch so far Nandalot. On the plus side you can be sure you have made loads of us feel much better and content with our lot. Do hope your afternoon lives up to expectations. (My day has been fine so far. Bet you really wanted to hear that!).

annsixty Mon 03-Jun-19 12:11:12

Got up feeling fine.
An hour later my back started really hurting.
Took 2 co- codamol, rubbed it really well with deep heat, couldn't find the Voltarol.
Twenty mins later my cleaner rang to szy she will not be able to come this week as she has a really bad back!!
I kept quiet about mine as nothing worse than someone saying oh I have that.
To be fair her's did necessitate a visit to A&E, it was so bad and she has been referred to the back clinic.
The bad thing is I have friends coming from Lincs to see me on Friday and I will have a dirty house?

Nandalot Mon 03-Jun-19 12:20:12

Well, everyone, thanks for all your kind comments. Things are back on track here. Only minor irritations after all. Hope DD2 gets better news soon, Kitty. Sorry about your back, Annsixty. I am sure friends will understand. Hope pain eases off soon.

ninathenana Mon 03-Jun-19 12:48:16

My day is going well so far. DH has his phone back that he left at the allotment yesterday.
Can't say too much but DD & SiL have made a decision at last on what's happening next in their lives.

Auntieflo Mon 03-Jun-19 12:49:06

Nandalot, not much more can go wrong, can it? Have a peaceful afternoon.
Annsixty, sorry to hear your back is bad, but your friends are coming to see you not, the state of your house.
Kittylester, flowers
I have been gardening this morning, all went well, but I shall pay for it tomorrow!

ninathenana Mon 03-Jun-19 12:50:41

kitty hope that isn't to serious

annsixty Mon 03-Jun-19 12:52:54

Thinking of you kitty.

crazyH Mon 03-Jun-19 12:55:18

I work up very early in a sweat. I had a nightmare that my little grandson was kidnapped. So because I couldn't go back to sleep, decided to go to church and then to Asda .
Returned home, had lunch and now watching Trump's visit, mainly for the pageantry.

KatyK Mon 03-Jun-19 13:02:38

annsixty Don't worry about a 'dirty' house, which I'm sure it isn't. Enjoy your visit from friends and remember 'those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter' smile

ginny Mon 03-Jun-19 13:49:49

Some days just don’t go as planned do they?
I have spent all morning trying to find a rug for our hall way and 2 bedside lights. No luck with either.
However I did have the bonus of calling in to see DGS 1 ( who is on study leave) and he made me a lovely cup of tea.

gt66 Mon 03-Jun-19 15:03:49

No they don't ginny! I sweated onions yesterday, to use in a mince dish today, popped them in the fridge in a glass dish and for some unknown reason, despite opening and closing fridge door many times, at lunch time the glass dish fell out!! Instinct kicked in and I somehow managed to catch the dish, but oily onions split all over kitchen floor. What a mess!! They even fell through gap between freezer and built in door, necessitating hunting for correct screwdriver to unscrew door to clean inside!! Never in my life.................

gt66 Mon 03-Jun-19 15:07:12

onions spilt not split over floor grin

Gonegirl Mon 03-Jun-19 15:18:34

shock

Had to laugh at all the bags though. Reminds me of my GS with his (slightly junior sized) double bass. Good job they don't have to go on bikes like we did. grin

Hope your day picks up. Mine has been enjoyably crap.

Gonegirl Mon 03-Jun-19 15:21:17

Hope all is well with DD kitty.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 03-Jun-19 15:33:37

Oh dear, best wishes, Kitty and Nanda I bet you feel like crawling back to bed, don't you? As for onions all over the floor gt66 - well, words fail me. You have stolen my title of clumsiest woman in the world.
I opened a jar of beetroot this morning and (you guessed it) spilled some of the juice over my favourite tea-towel. I sprayed it and put it into soak, then added some towels etc and loaded the washer. Hey presto, the stain came out. Trivial compared to many troubles.

BlueSapphire Mon 03-Jun-19 17:48:52

It's been a good day for me; the gasmen finally left at 5pm, having safely installed the new boiler and got everything up and running, and I now have hot water! I am celebrating with a wee glass of sherry!

Katyj Mon 03-Jun-19 18:00:15

Not very well at all ! Mum has fallen breaking her hip.She's having her operation tomorrow.She's 87 hope she's okay, should be working tomorrow, but don't know wether to go .The nurse asked if I wanted a call before she goes down or after, I've opted for after, but don't know now wethere I should be there when she goes down or not.hmm

kittylester Tue 04-Jun-19 06:48:58

Thank you all for your kindness yesterday. Feeling better today. Dd has had a referral to a dermatologist about a wart on her hand. He wants a biopsy as it looks precancerous.

I was feeling down about it as she had been on the phone for half an hour worrying about it. Therefore, I was worrying about it.

Reason has been restored and, with the help of the NHS website, I'm not so worried.

And, DS1 has announced he has 'been seeing' someone for a while. Which has cheered his old mum up no end!!

kittylester Tue 04-Jun-19 06:50:21

katyj, I hope all is well for your mum.thanks