Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(32 Posts)
12Michael Tue 04-Jun-19 06:23:06

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dull and grey start here in Brackley this morning.
Nurse appointment yesterday was OK , but a little higher and weight as well, but new that.
Also had the Shingles Jab as I am over 70.
Hopefully , my usual day out to Buckingham and Bicester , coffees plus some shopping.
But it gets me out of my flat.
Mick

BlueSapphire Tue 04-Jun-19 06:31:46

Good morning Mick and everyone. Glad your appointment went ok yesterday. I had the shingles jab too last year.

Cloudy and overcast in Northampton this morning.

I have woken up to hot water, just had to turn the tap on to make sure I wasn't dreaming! It will be a luxury to have a hot shower in my own bathroom this morning. Now to compose my letter of complaint to British Gas.

Off to hairdresser this morning, I can sit back and relax!

Hope everyone's day goes well.

kittylester Tue 04-Jun-19 06:39:19

Morning mick, morning bluesapphire.

North Leicestershire is quite bright this morning. Up very early this morning as DH has an MRI scan at 8.15am!

I too had the shingles jab last year. I paid privately for mine having been told that the criteria meant I would have to wait another 18 months to have it on the NHS. Then they changed the criteria! confused

Enjoy you days all.

NfkDumpling Tue 04-Jun-19 06:42:51

Morning All

Another wonderful sunny morning here in the north of Norfolk although rain is forecast this afternoon. The garden needs it, but it would be perfect if it holds off until after dark!

I too had the shingles jab last year. The surgery called me in for it. It must be my age that got me higher in the queue!

Greyjoy1953 Tue 04-Jun-19 06:47:07

Morning Mick, Dull and cold day here in Colchester. Just been out with dog and a distant chill to the day. Off to get DGC off to school, then blood test, then take mother to physio - busy morning appointments all too near each other. Have a good day all.

DoraMarr Tue 04-Jun-19 06:48:25

Good morning from a warm and sunny Birmingham. Italian group this afternoon, which I am hosting, so I need to finish preparing the activities, and buy some biscuits. I also need to do my homework- why do I always leave it until the last minute?

Greyduster Tue 04-Jun-19 06:52:35

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire but we are expecting rain later. Car going in for service and it’s first MOT today and as usual they want it early and we won’t get it back until late afternoon. We will have breakfast out and then a walk before holing up at DD’s to wait for its return. We have to be over there for the school run anyway. Hope everyone has a good day.

PamGeo Tue 04-Jun-19 07:05:45

Morning all, early morning for me but after a rough day yesterday I'm feeling pretty good. Washer is washing, dryer is drying 'cos the rain is pouring , looks like it's set for the day here in Cornwall. No plans for today except I could go and deposit the 4 cheques from Lloyds ... totalling the grand sum of £4:78p lucky me .... oh ... it's bin day as well !

Resurgam123 Tue 04-Jun-19 07:10:18

Good morning all. I woke up at 7 am for the first time in ages instead of 5 am . I am so tired I have been napping when I can. Feeling awful.

Ginny42 Tue 04-Jun-19 07:16:17

Good morning Mick and everyone. I'm trying hard to be brighter than the morning. My cold is keeping me from doing my normal stuff and it's frustrating. I will go out for a walk at 9.00 and hope to pick up after that.

I was shocked to find my wren's nest on the path yesterday. The parents had been very noisy around the garden and I wondered if they were encouraging nestlings to fly. However, there were no bits of egg shells in the nest. It didn't look badly damaged as if it had been pillaged by magpies/squirrels. A mystery, but I've heard wrens this morning so they're not far away.

NanKate Tue 04-Jun-19 07:21:47

Morning Mick and All.

Calm and cloudy in S Bucks but I suspect rain is coming.

Hope the MRI scan goes well for your DH Kitty.

I’ve got an appointment to have my dodgy tooth out tomorrow, what a relief. Will go to WI with a puffy cheek this afternoon ?

Marydoll Tue 04-Jun-19 07:34:45

Good morning Mick and all. A grey day here in Glasgow.

Doctor's first thing for bloods etc to see how my new meds are affecting me.

Straight home, as we have the pest controller coming to solve (I hope) the bee/wasp problem.
No nursery run today, as our wee granddaughter is on holiday with her parents. envy

I spent hours yesterday finishing of the travel insurance compensation form.
They wanted to know every hospital visit and treatment for the last three years!!! There were many, I can tell you! Thank goodness I keeep a note of everything.
I could feel myself getting quite stressed. Anyway, it's done now.
Good luck with the tooth NanKate and Kitty, best wishes for your husband.

Enjoy your day, despite the rain!

travelsafar Tue 04-Jun-19 07:44:18

Morning Mick and one and all. A grey start to the morning here and very much cooler.JUst been chasing yet another cat out of the garden who was stalking the birds that come to feedevery morning. Would never hurt a cat but they do annoy me when they sit waiting to pounce on our feathered friends.
Dentist visit yesterday resulted in the all clear for another six months, phew! So good luck NanKate with your dodgey tooth. Off to town this morning to meet friend for coffee and a catch up then to the hairdresser for a trim and tidy up.She suggested i have more layers put in my long hair to give some height to the top but unsure what to do will decide when i sit in the chair. At the mo i can just brush and put up in a bun and it stays there all day and i feel tidy if i have layers worried i will have shorter bits hanging and falling down!!! hmm

GrannyGravy13 Tue 04-Jun-19 07:44:43

Food morning all from a greyish SE Essex.

Have to attack the remains of the ironing pile today (the difficult "stuff", shirts, linen dresses and blouses I sent to the ironing service), what's left is just the basic holiday stuff!!

Wishing you all a good day.

aggie Tue 04-Jun-19 07:45:51

Good Morning all from a sunny (so far) NI . This is the first morning in a week that I have felt ok , I have been feeling off colour with no definite symptoms , trying to hide same from DD1 as she " mother hens " me , so I am glad I didn't annoy her

Urmstongran Tue 04-Jun-19 07:49:06

Good morning everyone from another glorious day in Malaga. There isn’t a cloud in the sky, not even a white puffball.

No plans for today but we have become friends with another couple who have an apartment in the same building as us and they arrive this afternoon from Bolton.

Hope as the day goes on you feel better Resurgam it must be difficult struggling with health issues, whatever they are.

Hope Tuesday is good to us all whether we have plans or (like me) none. x

Lins1066 Tue 04-Jun-19 07:51:01

Good Morning Mick and everyone.
It is raining here on S Welsh coast.
DH mowed the lawns yesterday fortunately.
Have hydrotherapy appointment at 10.

Hope the scan goes well for your husband Kitty and that all goes well tomorrow at the dentist * Nankate*
Have a good day everyone.

Sprout Tue 04-Jun-19 07:53:12

Morning Mick and all. Sun trying to get up but chilly. Our GP surgery's here are awful no checks or anything to many people. Slipped in my sisters shower last year in Norwich broke my ankle in 4 places so ended up there for 3 months but hospital fantastic plus GP's came home my GP did nothing until GP from Norwich pushed them as needed Calcium tabs. Never mind when over 75yrs who cares. That's my moan for today. Glad all went well Mick with the nurse. And hope all with appointments goes well.

Pittcity Tue 04-Jun-19 07:55:59

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Rain forecast for later so I must get the washing out now.
No plans today but something will turn up.

GabriellaG54 Tue 04-Jun-19 08:08:26

Good morning from an overcast but warm-ish Godalming.
Went for my run a little earlier and for longer than usual - I love cooler weather. Weighed myself after shower and lost another 6 lbs since 29th May. shock
No need to water pots as it looks like rain so it'll be a walk along tow path to Tues market and a mooch or trip to Guildford to spend £10 gift card and M&S food shop.
flowers to anyone feeling a bit down and I hope everyone enjoys their day as best they can. grin

gillybob Tue 04-Jun-19 08:10:09

A very quick good morning from the NE coast where it is warm and sunny.

A mad dash school run this morning and then off to “that place” for some more torture. I woke up thinking it was Wednesday today (with having the children on Sunday and Monday) so I’m gutted that it’s not.

Have a good Tuesday (or whatever day it is ) everyone x

EllanVannin Tue 04-Jun-19 08:28:39

Good morning All x
Usual miserable weather here in the NW, good job I'm used to it. At least the bit of respite from the rain yesterday dried my washing.
Probably a trip to Asda today to replenish stocks and a visit to the bank to " draw my breath ".

Because I just have a shower-room, I long for a soak in a bath as all my muscles feel a bit on edge-----have done for the past couple of weeks now so I rather think that a couple of paracetamol will be the substitute sad Though I shouldn't complain as I'm lucky if I have 2 of them in a year.
I suppose on entering my 79th year I'm entitled to the odd twinge : )

What a moaning post !! I'll blame "our friend" Tony Foulds who made me cry again with his memories of the USA plane that came down near to where he was playing as a boy. Lovely old man.

Hope this rain isn't too prolonged where everyone is and your day goes well.

Mapleleaf Tue 04-Jun-19 08:42:27

Good morning all.
Well, it was sunny earlier on but the clouds are now building. It’s forecast for rain later. Luckily, I got all my washing done yesterday, but the drawback to this, of course, is a lot of ironing now awaits!
Hoping to meet my friend for coffee later, but otherwise, no firm plans for the day.
Hope your day is a good one. ?

teabagwoman Tue 04-Jun-19 08:47:24

Good morning everyone from North Northamptonshire this morning, where the sun is trying to break through. Had to make an early morning dash to my dd’s as dgd woke up with a temperature and can’t go to school. Enjoy your hot water BlueSaphire.

Anniebach Tue 04-Jun-19 08:51:13

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Where is the sun ? Not in Mid Wales

Hope everyone has a good day x