Gransnet forums

Chat

Estate Agents speak

(29 Posts)
Bathsheba Tue 04-Jun-19 10:56:46

Just watching Homes Under The Hammer, and an estate agent said "it has the benefit of a toilet to the first floor". 'To the first floor'? hmm

Seriously, would you say that? I think most people would say "it's got a toilet on the first floor" or "it's got an upstairs toilet". Much more natural.

Niobe Thu 06-Jun-19 19:30:44

When we sold our last house the EA sent us the details as they would appear on Rightmove etc for our approval. At the end of the first couple of weeks he said he could not understand why there was such little interest and out of curiosity I looked on RM myself and discovered about one third of the description was missing so no mention of the good sized upstairs bathroom or of one of the bedrooms! People must have thought it was somewhat overpriced! Once this was corrected things began to move.

Cherrytree59 Thu 06-Jun-19 19:36:57

A house near to where my DD lives has recently gone up for sale and has the usual estate agent board in the front garden.
Last week the board proudly proclaimed
'im sold' hmm

Alexa Thu 06-Jun-19 20:03:29

About that estate agent whose front elevation was Georgian?And who had a ensuite lover to compliment her bedroom?

All this lady's views were fantastic and her ambition was to make all her clients say "Wow!"