Gransnet forums

Chat

Hello

(7 Posts)
vena11 Wed 05-Jun-19 06:53:17

DH woke me up this morning at 4 moaning with cramp , poor thing , I never got back to sleep . Now going out to do the school run . No rest today as going away on holiday tomorrow.

gt66 Wed 05-Jun-19 06:48:55

Another one here who tends to wake around 5, although today it was 4am!!

I can cope if I go to bed around 10pm, but some nights I wake after only 2 hours sleep and stay awake for hours. I have purchased melatonin pills from USA. They help, but I only take them occassionaly.

I've taken up knitting again, which helps while away the time.

BlueBelle Wed 05-Jun-19 06:47:43

I bunny hop through the night in two hour blasts No big deal really but I m usually wide awake by 4 or 5 latest love hearing the birds and in my case seagulls and kittiwakes many hate them but they denote home and a new day for me

tanith Wed 05-Jun-19 06:39:07

I’m awake at 5ish most mornings and the birds are really vocal as I’m awake anyway it’s very enjoyable.

BradfordLass72 Wed 05-Jun-19 06:30:46

For the past few days we've had rain, hail and lightning storms, so not much chance to enjoy the garden. smile

But I still love to hear both dawn and dusk choruses - and I too am a sporadic and intermittent sleeper. (thank goodness for audio books)

I was absolutely shattered at 5pm yesterday and decided to have a big plate of spinach and mash for tea (more greens than spuds) and of course, I was still awake at 1 am and up again at 6.30 <sigh> Must have been the iron content.

If only I could stomach spinach for breakfast!! grin

lemongrove Tue 04-Jun-19 22:34:42

Hi, I didn’t enjoy hearing the very noisy bird outside our window at around 5 a.m this morning ( a rook) it went on and on and I used some very colourful language at it.grin

Jj20 Tue 04-Jun-19 22:27:31

Hi everyone hope you are enjoying your gardens and birds, been looking at chats and it seems that everyone like me doesn’t sleep well, but loves the dawn chorus