Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Fri 07-Jun-19 06:13:36

Good Morning Everyone,
The sky is looking grey and the ground looks damp this morning in Brackley.
Yesterdays plans went up in the air as the bus to Buckingham did not appear , so I decided on a few hours in Banbury with a pub lunch.
Returning home, I registered my complaint about the bus not arriving , and the fact there were also others waiting as well, with 4 buses a day in that direction its a very limited service.
Mick

EllanVannin Fri 07-Jun-19 08:28:38

Good morning All x
Weather not looking good again, even after a deluge of rain/hailstones, thunder and lightening yesterday afternoon and I fear the same again later by the look of the sky.

Definitely Asda sometime today. Daughter surprised me yesterday with a new " state of the art " laptop. Trouble is-----I can't get into it ! Have spent an hour trying to fathom it out so I'm now back with my " old faithful and worn-out Vista 7 " but at least it works ! Oh dear.

Have a good day everyone.

Auntieflo Fri 07-Jun-19 08:30:57

Morning Michael, Annie to come, and all. It’s pouring down here, not nice. DD and SIL left on a midnight ferry to France, last night, so I hope they find good weather.
Michael, all that talk of pies the other day, got me thinking, so I made two. One to eat and one to freeze. Thank you.
Gillybob, we have a young, single man next door, and he is an excellent neighbour. There when you need him, but so quiet that often we don’t know if he is in.
Marydoll, hope you find your spray. I have three. One in my handbag, one beside the bed, and another in my pouch of tablets.
I have a friend coming this afternoon, but we shan’t be sitting outside in the sun, as last time.
Have a good day one and all.

MawBroonsback Fri 07-Jun-19 08:37:58

Gillybob further to yesterday’s funeral, the coffin, wicker of course, was carried in to a recording of our 92 year old departed village friend singing “To be a Farmer’s Boy” - all the many verses- with the village folk band. That raised many smiles and the odd tear too.

Urmstongran Fri 07-Jun-19 08:46:42

Good morning everyone from a gloriously sunny Malaga. We went to the beach yesterday and had a late lunch (and wine) there and didn’t come up until 7pm. That’s how to relax!

No plans today until 4pm when half a dozen of us have been invited into our friends from Bolton’s apartment for gin and tonics.

How annoying Mick about the no show bus. We are encouraged to go ‘green’ and leave our cars at home but the reality doesn’t match up with the aspirations of these MP’s who bang on about climate change.

I love the name of that swing band NanKate!

I think I would be feeling slightly apprehensive too gillybob if your present lovely neighbour has gone quiet.

Music at funerals is often the key that unlocks the grief door isn’t it Maw? I’m glad your day brightened after seeing your little men in your family.

I hope Friday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

harrigran Fri 07-Jun-19 08:58:04

Good morning from a lovely sunny NE.
Yesterday was a pleasant day so I bought some geraniums for the patio pots and planted them. DH and I then had a pleasant couple of hours reading in the garden.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 07-Jun-19 09:14:05

Nannyjan53 my Father lived on Hayling Island in his later years, I have a real affinity with it.

Grey here in SE Essex, just had fasting blood test, enjoying a latte before I am off to the gym!!!!

Have a good day all xx

Grammaretto Fri 07-Jun-19 09:24:19

Good morning from the Scottish Borders . It's warm and sunny. I've been having coffee in the garden but partly to escape from the noise of the floor being sanded. Hairdresser soon and then I'll go to the airport heading to my niece's wedding.
Oh yes and packing into a tiny Ryanair bag. I don't think my present will fit!

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 07-Jun-19 09:36:44

Good morning from east London, windy and drizzly at the moment. Hoping it improves both here (as I’m due to play tennis this eve) and in Paris so at least I can watch a bit of the French open. As I’ve just finished a book I’d better apply myself now to things domestic before the school pickup and taxi for GD to her dad’s for the weekend. Have a good day.

Greyjoy1953 Fri 07-Jun-19 09:47:21

Morning from a grey and slightly rainy Colchester. Was going to do some gardening today but weather seems to be putting a halt on that. Still will go to the gym instead and do yet more dressmaking, new project to start but the question is what to make..... Have a great day all despite the weather..

Anniebach Fri 07-Jun-19 09:59:09

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Raining in Mid Wales

Hope everyone has a good day x

crazyH Fri 07-Jun-19 10:00:53

Goodmorning Mick and all you early risers. I'm only now having my first coffee of the day. I envy all of you who wake up so early.
Awfully dull here - been raining over night. My lovely neighbour texted me last night to say that my car windows were open. Can you imagine the state of my car if she didn't text me and I hadn't closed the windows ? Have a nice day all xx

Legs55 Fri 07-Jun-19 10:01:07

Morning all from a very wet & windy Devon, looks like I'm going to have to tackle the ironingsad & a bit of housework. On the bright side I don't have to water the garden, it will do my plants good, downside is the weeds grow fasterhmm

Have a good day all, hope everything works out ok

EllanVannin Fri 07-Jun-19 10:27:14

Speaking of songs at funerals, last month when one of my work friend's lost her husband, one song was " I'll see you in my dreams "sung by Joe Brown. I was holding up until then. Each time it comes into my head I can feel myself starting to fill up.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 07-Jun-19 10:28:09

Morning everyone from an overcast South Notts. Off to Max Facs at the hospital for a scan of my jaw shortly for the dentist to plan the next stage of this wretched and long-winded dental plan.
New technology is damn annoying until you get the hang of it, Ellan don't you find?
Best wishes to all.

TwiceAsNice Fri 07-Jun-19 10:35:27

Morning everyone from a very dark and rainy Surrey. Just housework this morning it’s my day for a big clean through. I bought begonias to plant but doesn’t look as if it’s happening today. Went to grandchildren’s Lion King musical last night all children only year 5 and 6 and it was amazing, we had drinks outside before we went in but O don’t think that will happen for tonight’s performance which will be a shame, so proud of the children me and both daughters cried it was so lovely. So a quiet day for me today hope everyone has a good one.