Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(38 Posts)
12Michael Mon 10-Jun-19 06:43:49

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but grey sky this morning in Brackley.
Quiet day some housework etc.
But I nearly overslept this morning.
Mick

dragonfly46 Mon 10-Jun-19 08:54:54

Good morning all I overslept this morning.
Looking ominous over Leicestershire. It rained stair rods yesterday evening - our patio was under water. My peonies don’t like it.

Got an exciting week this week starting with an MRI scan today!

Anniebach Mon 10-Jun-19 08:55:46

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

More rain heading for Mid Wales

Hope everyone has a good day x

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 10-Jun-19 09:01:03

Morning all from an overcast South Notts - I think rain is forecast. Got up early and have changed the bedclothes, prepared breakfast and lunch - now there's the dreaded ironing to tackle.
Hope all is well with everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 10-Jun-19 09:10:16

Good morning all x

It is very grey here in SE Essex, but the rain has stopped long enough to get GC to school.

Off to the gym this morning and then washing and ironing!

Hope you all manage to keep dry ☔️☔️

Sprout Mon 10-Jun-19 10:04:25

Morning Mick and all. It's late today. Yesterday I tripped over the step from the conservatory to the dining room with a cup of tea in my hand. Of course it and me hit the floor and I couldn't get up it was luck my daughter was there. The carpet is light grey and doesn't like black tea on it. Anyway woke up with painful shoulder etc but ok. Awful weather pouring of ran and chilly the fab English weather eh. Have a good day everyone.

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 10-Jun-19 10:17:02

Good morning from east London and it’s been tanking it down since I woke up. Mixed tennis match tonight in doubt although we never know til the last minute so if the call suddenly comes, I’ll buy the bits for tea rather than make stuff. Take things easy today, Sprout.

nonnasusie Mon 10-Jun-19 10:25:51

Belated buongiorno from a very hot Cassino. 35c on back porch. Summer has been late arriving this year but it's now here with a vengeance! H is disposing of 2 chickens today so I have the unenviable task of helping prepare them for the freezer!

Justme67 Mon 10-Jun-19 10:43:35

A very late good morning to you all, I was up and about with all good intentions, then I discovered it was quite chilly outside of the blankets. Not to worry, plenty of time to do what I planned, and we have the promise of rain at times so the garden will not be getting any attention today, I have leftovers from yesterday's lunch, so off we go on a whirlwind (?) clean up. Sorting out the last of my husband's bowling clothing and woods to give to our local blind bowlers. Such a lovely group of people, always so cheerful (and competitive). Enjoy your days.

Greyjoy1953 Mon 10-Jun-19 10:44:07

Bit late but good morning Mick and all from a very wet and rainy part of Colchester. Took over half an hour to do a 15 min journey to the wholesalers this morning due to rain the traffic on the A12 at a standstill both ways... Anyway back home in the dry and getting ready to go to gym. Have a hopefully dry day to all.

dancingnana1 Mon 10-Jun-19 10:59:30

Good morning everyone.It is a sunny morning here in Glasgow. Makes a change. Sitting in the conservatory enjoying the warmth. H is over doing some weeding in the plot. Have a washing on and will put it out later.Dancing down in Troon tonight. Should be good.

Legs55 Mon 10-Jun-19 13:30:18

Good afternoon all, no I haven't just got up, I've been up since 8 but didn't put laptop on as I had to go out. Weather started cold & windy, heavy rain shower & when I got home I could hear thunder. Maybe I'll get out in the garden later. Forecast for Devon isn't good this week so it'll be housework & clearing out drawers/wardrobehmm

FC61 Mon 10-Jun-19 14:23:00

Greetings from Hamburg. Lovely gentle sunny cloudy quiet day ( national holiday) . Will go to stadtpark for a coffee, or explore one of the leafy beautiful canals. Hamburg has more canals than Venice, SO many trees, and so many English people. Lol.