Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(45 Posts)
12Michael Tue 11-Jun-19 06:13:20

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey, wet, and windy here at the moment in Brackley .
My usual day of housework, and catching buses to Buckingham and Bicester, shopping and café stops for coffees.
Mick

Mossfarr Tue 11-Jun-19 15:12:15

Happy Tuesday to you all - from a beautiful, warm and sunny Barbados. Just looking out from my balcony over to the turquoise water and white sand. I've just had breakfast so i'm about to squeeze into my swimsuit and head to the sunloungers where I will flop for the day.
Do I feel smug?- sorry yes I do but I'll get my comeuppance (?) When i return to the UK next week grin

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 11-Jun-19 12:45:27

Well, good afternoon all from a soggy South Notts, am rather late today. It's been absolutely pelting it down.
Have vacuumed downstairs in readiness for my weekly visit from my sister. So much dark cat hair gathers on the curtains and carpets.
Hope all is well with everyone.

Rufus2 Tue 11-Jun-19 12:39:07

Good Evening; 18C and no rain! Quite bearable for Winter. From your weather reports today it seems that "soggy" and "sodden" are now summer descriptors. Chins up! It can't last! grin

gilf2019 Tue 11-Jun-19 10:47:46

Good morning from Devon where it is also wet and windy.

Legs55 Tue 11-Jun-19 10:42:25

Good morning all from a very wet & windy Devon. Thunder, lightening & torrential rain with hail yesterday evening. Sky failed as it's prone to do, luckily I have lots recorded & Box sets.

Already been out this morning so the rest of the day is housework/paperwork or maybe curl up with a good book. Oh & I've put the heating onconfused'flaming June!

NfkDumpling Tue 11-Jun-19 09:55:26

Morning All

Very soggy here in the north of Norfolk and still the clouds are heavy and dark. I would go down the garden to see how full the wheelbarrow is but it’s too ‘orrible. The Irish Yews have all come apart and are swaying around. Hopefully they’ll recover their skyward inclination when they dry off.

And hopefully it’ll be dry and sunny this afternoon when we get to test drive a Renault Captur!

aggie Tue 11-Jun-19 09:51:06

Good Morning all , dull , windy , but dry (so far) here in Co Armagh
Nothing planned for today , might catch up with Birthday card making , I had an emergency card to make yesterday as we realized that it was a grandsons birthday this week !

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 11-Jun-19 09:38:32

Good morning from east London, where it’s looking bright and welcoming outside. Going for a walk in the forest later as we both feel the need for a leg stretch today and it’s a rare day of no tennis and no school pickup. Have a good day.

mosaicwarts Tue 11-Jun-19 09:37:38

Good morning everyone. Windy and overcast here in Northumberland, only spits of rain so far.

I have an estate agent coming at 10 am, then my daughter and I are going for cake and coffee.

Hopefully not too wet this evening as we are attending an outdoor performance of Romeo and Juliet at Alnwick Castle.

Enjoy your day everyone smile

Auntieflo Tue 11-Jun-19 09:17:56

Morning Michael, Annie and all. It is dry here ? at the moment. Yesterday I thought we may have floods, one of our nearby roads gets quite bad at times, but it did drain.
DH was sent home from hospital with a good report, so not another till same time next year.
My afternoon for volunteering today, so will have to get the ironing done before I go.
Nothing else exciting happening.
Oh yes, tomorrow have a GN meet for coffee ??, so that will be lovely.
Have a good day one and all.

Anniebach Tue 11-Jun-19 08:53:21

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Need I say? Raining in Mid Wales

Hope everyone has a good day x

GrannyGravy13 Tue 11-Jun-19 08:50:14

Good morning Mick and all

Oh Urmstongran, your post has brought a tear to my eye, we spent many New Years Eves in The Square in with my Dear Mum, Step Father and family and friends.

Parents lived in Los Boliches, as did my sister such happy times, but it is so built up now days. When they moved out there 40yrs ago there was only one high rise hotel in Fuengirola and then the Hotel Angela.

They were lucky to miss the bombing in Fuengirola by the Basque Terrorists.
Enjoy your day in the sunshine.

Oops sorry I got carried away.

Keep safe and dry folks.

Grammaretto Tue 11-Jun-19 08:32:12

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. The sun is streaming in but I am still in bed, exhausted after the weekend and gardening yesterday.
I will pace myself today (another excuse for being lazy)
What an emotional time you've
had Bellasnana
I hope all goes well today.

annsixty Tue 11-Jun-19 08:29:09

Good morning all from a soggy Stockport.
Nanabanana1 don't hold your breath waiting, I think we have had summer already.
Was it about 10 days altogether ?
I am going into Manchester with a friend for an Inner Wheel lunch meeting.
She wants me to join but not sure it is for me.

Marydoll Tue 11-Jun-19 08:25:04

Good morning all from a cloudy and breezy Glasgow.

My back garden is full of washing already. DS and family came back from holiday to find their washing machine is broken! sad.
Of course, they didn't think to get their washing up to date before the left. Young ones nowadays!!!! There is no room for our washing, but there is a good drying wind.

We are taking our wee granddaughter for a couple of hours to let her mum and dad get organised.

I will need to pop out and pick up my prescriptions, as they didn't have them ready yesterday . "No-one else is on that medication apart from you, so we don't stock it!", said the pharmacist.

So a really exciting day in store! grin

Best wishes for all those with hospital appointments and I hope it stops raining soon!

Sprout Tue 11-Jun-19 08:23:35

Morning Mick and all. Sun is shining in Kent still wet everywhere though. Lunch with friends today then shopping. Hope everyone ok

Nanabanana1 Tue 11-Jun-19 08:14:37

Morning all still raining here in Torbay been raining for practically 24 hrs, hope Summer arrives soon ?

Pittcity Tue 11-Jun-19 08:09:04

Good morning from a brighter than yesterday Colchester. It feels quite autumnal already, but at least it's dry for the time being.
A play it by ear day which will involve a walk of some sort.

Nannytopsy Tue 11-Jun-19 08:07:25

Morning Mick and all who have followed. It is so wet! This means our photography class will be indoors I guess - you can only take so many photos of the same building! Started sorting all our pre- digital photographs yesterday, so now there is a mess to clear up. Hope everyone has a good day.

Resurgam123 Tue 11-Jun-19 08:05:58

It is raining in Cheshire. So far it could be worse. I think the east is getting it worse at present.

Brunette10 Tue 11-Jun-19 08:00:14

Good Morning from a bright Fife although not as bright as yesterday. Terrible rain down south hope everyone managed to survive. Have DGS2 for a short time today as DGS1 has his first nursery visit. Keep fingers crossed he gets on fine. Kitty hope DH gets on fine at hospital today. Hope today is good for everyone.

3dognight Tue 11-Jun-19 07:59:51

Good morning from a sodden north Nottinghamshire.
BBC weather gives a 'black cloud and double spot of rain' all day.

My hounds are looking mournfully out of the back door, they usually have a five mile walk every day, not today though. To convince them it's not time to go out I have to have a dressing gown day..

I'm going to have a kitchen day, cooking and listening to radio 4. Also I'm going to light the stove!

Anrol Tue 11-Jun-19 07:52:20

Good morning from Northumberland. On our first camper van tour so not in my usual Surrey village. Dry and bright here but lots of scudding grey and black clouds in the distance.
When we can drag ourselves out of bed (still recovering from 300 mile journey yesterday), off for a days walking in Kielder Forest. Onwards to Alloa tomorrow. Whatever you are doing today hope all goes well.

GabriellaG54 Tue 11-Jun-19 07:51:47

Hi everyone grin
After a real downpour all yesterday and well into the night, today starts with bits of sunshine, blue sky and fluffy white clouds...but for how long is anyone's guess.
Street cleaning vehicle started around 6am as I began running along the towpath and everywhere looks polished and pristine.
Nothing on today so I might bake a cake or two as it's an 'at home' gathering with 9 friends in Sunningdale tomorrow.
I hope you all enjoy your day, be it quiet or busy.

harrigran Tue 11-Jun-19 07:46:24

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Nothing planned so may do some shopping and housework.