Gransnet forums

Chat

Newbie - Hello!

(33 Posts)
MamieJoy Wed 12-Jun-19 09:42:20

Just a quicky to say Hi. I was googling ways to making friends not dating. There is nothing out there for the over 30 (I'm passed twice that!), and if there is, there're only dating sites in disguise. You wouldn't think under 30s need sites to help them make friends but apparently yes, they do - more than us. Anyway, I lost my hubby 18 months ago and now my mum 2 week ago. I feel a bit lost and isolated. I'm not bored - plenty to do - but I do get lonely sometimes. So here I am eaves-dropping on your chat and looking forward to join in. Btw, I've jsut started stone painting. I'm not very good but it is fun and relaxing - anyone here does that? If not, what do you do? Oh and I've recently acquired 4 lovely recued hens - anything to bring life and fun in the home.

NanKate Thu 13-Jun-19 07:26:58

Hello MamieJoy you’ve come to the right place to make friends and not just virtual ones. I have over the last year or so have met up for coffee with some truly lovely ladies.

Please join us on the Good Morning thread which is started each day for us by Mick. We say what the weather is like in our part of the country/world and then what we are doing that day. It’s a good way to start the day amongst friends.

Urmstongran Thu 13-Jun-19 07:37:28

A warm welcome from me too MamieJoy I hope you enjoy this GN site as much as I do. Beware though, it becomes addictive!
?

Bathsheba Thu 13-Jun-19 09:27:00

BradfordLass that's such a wonderful story! I'm not surprised your surgeon was touched by your grandson's lovely gesture ??

Mapleleaf Thu 13-Jun-19 10:23:33

Welcome to GN, Mamiejoy. I second the suggestion of reading and posting on the good morning forum. It’s a nice, gentle and friendly forum.
I think you’ll find us all to be a friendly bunch, though things can sometimes get a bit feisty on some threads, especially the political ones!
I love your stone painting - it must be quite absorbing. What kind of paints work best - enamel?
Sorry to hear of your losses, both so recent, too. ?
I hope you soon get lots of nice fresh eggs from your hens.

MamieJoy Thu 13-Jun-19 13:25:15

Hi BlueBelle, thank you for your kind words. Wow! your stones are stunning! Did you put them on pinterest? I'm sure I saw some of them there when I was looking for inspiration - lovely shine on them too!

MamieJoy Thu 13-Jun-19 13:35:06

Hi Mapleleaf, I've been using acrylic paints which I had in a drawer for years and no used - I'll need some kind of sealer if I do more, for a nice shiny finish. The hens already give me eggs every day. Right from day one!

Caledonai14 Thu 13-Jun-19 14:05:33

Hello MamieJoy. Welcome. I look forward to getting down to some chicken talk with you smile in the near future.