Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(43 Posts)
12Michael Thu 13-Jun-19 06:12:20

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey and wet/windy start here in Brackley this morning.
Plans are to go out on the buses to Bicester and Buckingham.
Usual coffee in cafes I frequent in those towns .
Mick

harrigran Thu 13-Jun-19 08:09:02

Good morning from a wet and grey NE.
Last night we went out for dinner and caught the only pause in the downpour so arrived without getting soaked.
A quiet day at home today and perhaps finish my book.

Pittcity Thu 13-Jun-19 08:21:17

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. The sun has peeked out a couple of times in the last half hour, but rain is in the forecast for the rest of the day.
Loads to do indoors today along with a supermarket trip.

Auntieflo Thu 13-Jun-19 08:22:30

Morning Michael, Annnie to come and all. It's very grey here, but not raining at the moment! Must get a wiggle on, as we are off to Cornwall soon. Staying with DS1 and DIL , so really looking forward to seeing their holiday home.
Had a lovely meet up with Greenfinch and PennyJW yesterday.
Have a good day one and all

GrannyGravy13 Thu 13-Jun-19 08:41:36

Morning Mick and all x

Grey skies here in SE Essex, sun is trying to come out, but we have rain forecast for most of the day!!!!

Dental hygienist this morning, I am such a cowardly dental patient but do go regularly. I am dreading it!!!!

Need to get house "guest ready" as we have a house full of family from Monday, exciting but sad as eldest AC is being deployed abroad (9 hour flight away) so we shall be making the most of their stay.

Hope you all manage to stay dry, ridiculous weather as it is mid-summers day next week??? ☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 13-Jun-19 08:46:39

Good morning from East London, no rain at the moment but cloudy and dull. Off to help at the food bank this morning then school pickup and swimming lesson later for GD. Off to choir after, DD’s fiancé will be taking over the child care as DP is playing squash tonight. Have a good day.

EllanVannin Thu 13-Jun-19 08:54:08

Good morning All x
Guess what ? It's still raining with more heavy rain due today ! A solid week of the " wet stuff ".
To think D has 40 degrees in Dubai, she'll need an overcoat when she lands in Manchester later.The final leg of their trip from Oz.

Marydoll I'll be interested in your final diagnosis simply because I was in a similar situation in 2006 when my BP was 210/182 and still survived without a heart attack/stroke. Staff were baffled at the time. Ten different pills to take immediately plus the usual heparin injection through the belly.
Only difference was that my stay in hospital only amounted to 3 days but I felt as though I'd been through the mangle-----slightly weak. A result of constantly high BP.

Shopping all done now after yesterdays M&S session. My D wasn't too good, headache and pain in the kidney region. She rarely gets a break from work and it worries me given our family history of diabetes and strokes.

Anyway, everyone enjoy your day and hope you don't get drenched.

oldgaijin Thu 13-Jun-19 08:59:07

Good morning from yet another grey, dreich Aberdeenshire. The weather didn't stop the farmer from making silage until nearly midnight...this morning, the fields are black with crows gobbling a feast of bugs and nasties.
I took the mutt for a teatime trot in the park...the Council boys had cut the grass and I now have a dog with bright green feet and willy.
Have a great day everyone.

Greyjoy1953 Thu 13-Jun-19 09:20:44

Morning all from a wet Colchester, just got soaked taking the children to school and dog for a walk should have checked my phone before I set out. Still the black clouds should have given me a clue smile. Off to Maldon for lunch with DS and DH to a restaurant we haven’t visited before. Thanks for the picture Bluebell it was lovely and I adore red flowers. Have a hopefully dry day everyone.

Anniebach Thu 13-Jun-19 09:21:28

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Sad today, my mother in law is dying, she is asking for my husband and my elder daughter, both dead, younger daughter very upset she can’t get to Wales from Lincolnshire, sister in law lives in Dorset, mother in law has no other family. The only one living in the same town is me. I haven’t seen her for years.

Hope everyone has a good day x

farview Thu 13-Jun-19 09:56:34

Morning all..grey skies but some fantastic cloud formations..*Marydoll*glad they know what the problem is...
Also have a green footed dog(willy also) due to cut grass in the park
H has gone out YEAHHHH!! so whilst his bum is off the settee and the blasted TV is off I can clean the living room
Enjoy your day..make it a good one...

EllanVannin Thu 13-Jun-19 10:03:48

Aw, Annie, this is a sad day for you today. x Thoughts.

Mapleleaf Thu 13-Jun-19 10:07:58

Very wet again today in Northumberland.
Bracing ourselves to go out to Alnwick castle! DH birthday today, so going out for meal this evening whatever the weather.
Yes, we’ve been to Cragside before, Greyduster. It’s a fascinating place, isn’t it? We hope to go tomorrow as it’s some years since we last visited it.
Hope today is kind to you, wherever you are. ?

Legs55 Thu 13-Jun-19 12:09:24

Good afternoon from a rather damp Devon, been up for hours but neighbour has called in & Mum on the phone. Out for Dinner tonight plus Morris Men if it's fine .

Barmeyoldbat Thu 13-Jun-19 12:30:04

good morning one and all. I have not been on this thread for a while as my life seems to be just one big rollercoaster, but today, well it is a day for me. So up early, grey, cold and raining but decided to go out to meet up with my quilting group, it was a bit of an effort going out in the rain but so glad I did. Now home, have a bit of lunch and then out to have my eyes tested and order some new glass. I will also stop off at the carpet shop to arrange for them to come and measure the downstairs for some hard wood flooring. Hope everyone is as happy as I am.

Urmstongran Thu 13-Jun-19 12:52:47

Oh that’s a nice post to read Barmeyoldbat whatever your troubles were, it’s good you are a happy woman now. Like me. x

MawBroonsback Thu 13-Jun-19 13:57:13

That is sad Anniebach I just hope her grasp of reality is such that she is spared the pain of knowing her son and granddaughter have both gone before.
Doesn’t make it easier for you though flowers

Griselda Thu 13-Jun-19 17:11:08

I'm in NW Leicestershire too. It's such a dismal day. The icing on the cake is that I shall miss my fish and chip takeaway tomorrow because of the Download Festival.