Gransnet forums

Chat

What makes you laugh

(73 Posts)
GabriellaG54 Tue 18-Jun-19 22:56:12

Seriously, I've never had such a laugh in a long time.
Looking through tonight's Mail Online articles I found one about parents who don't fully understand the workings of the internet and their text messages to their children asking for help.
At the end of the article is a video of a man on holiday who spends the whole journey to the Netherlands holding a go-pro the wrong way round, thus all you see is his huge nose and his teeth plus a smug grin and gurning.
Just my kind of daft humour.
What makes you laugh?
BTW...do watch the video. It's unbelievable that he thinks he's filming the scenery for his son Mark when in fact it's a close-up of his face.

sazz1 Thu 20-Jun-19 19:26:57

I think Dave Allen was the only comedian I found really funny although some parts of Mrs Brown's boys are amusing

phoenix Thu 20-Jun-19 19:40:08

harrigran that's so kind of you! blush

If of course you meant me, could have been either a fat finger moment (I'm prone to them) or someone may have drugged your cocoa?

For the record, so many things make me laugh, love "I'm sorry I haven't a clue" on Radio 4, Peter Kaye, Upstart Crow, Michael MacIntyres sketch about the "man drawer" (seek it out if you haven't heard it) Rambling Sid Rumpoe from "Round The Horn" many of the Two Ronnies sketches................

GabriellaG54 Thu 20-Jun-19 19:45:16

paddyann
That made me laugh. I can just imagine it.
The video of the guy on the train to Holland ought to be on YouTube. It was ridiculous.
I bet you've seen some funny photos and incidents in your life as an events photographer.
Will there be a book and accompanying photos?
I'll have to wait and see.
I'll want my copy signed grin

GabriellaG54 Thu 20-Jun-19 19:48:18

gulligranny
Oh my! Whatever next ???

GabriellaG54 Thu 20-Jun-19 19:54:31

I found the video on YouTube just now. Can't do link but easy to find.

ayse Thu 20-Jun-19 19:59:45

Michael McIntyre, his monologue about his children going out in the morning, so true and so funny.

Faulty Towers etc. as others have said.

Yes Minister was one of my favourites for a chuckle

phoenix Thu 20-Jun-19 20:25:28

Of course, the truly great Victoria Wood!

BBbevan Thu 20-Jun-19 20:40:30

This is going to sound awful. DH walked into a plank sticking out over the path. His nose is very red and swollen. ( not broken) Every time I look at him I want to laugh. Bless him, he takes it in good part.

Grandmama Thu 20-Jun-19 20:41:35

No-one's mentioned Dad's Army. It makes our weekend.

Reggie Perrin was very funny. Porridge, Fawlty Towers, One Foot in the Grave (only some of them), the Likely Lads, Rising Damp, Yes Minister - to name but a few.

Was it Harry Worth who used to pose against a mirror and put out an arm and a leg (from the same side) and the mirror made it look as if he was akimbo with both legs off the ground (pre-1964). There was a mirror on a shop front in town, at right angles to the pavement and you could do the same trick - yes, I did it a few times (but not recently) grin

lemongrove Thu 20-Jun-19 21:51:35

Not keen on most stand up comedians, some sitcoms are very funny (Frasier, Father Ted, Spaced, Stella St) but the best humour comes from unintentional ‘happenings’ and chat I find.

callgirl1 Thu 20-Jun-19 22:14:52

When the family were here at Christmas 2009, I got a great photo of my hubby and youngest son looking SO grumpy, I threatened to have it made into Christmas cards for the following year, with the caption "Merry Christmas"!

callgirl1 Thu 20-Jun-19 22:17:31

Here`s the photo

annodomini Thu 20-Jun-19 23:16:40

Father Ted explaining perspective to Father Dougal. Dave Allen. Fawlty Towers - all of it! And, from the ancient past - That Was the Week that Was.

crazyH Thu 20-Jun-19 23:36:10

Never too late callgirl...good 'fun' photo for Xmas card. And you could try sending it to hallmark or any card company. You could make a fortune from the copyright.

narrowboatnan Fri 21-Jun-19 11:20:48

My DH makes me laugh. Sometimes he has me completely cracked up with laughter and I almost run out of breath. A mild example (because I can't remember any of his really good ripostes) is this:
Me: It's June the first.
Him: No, no, I don't think so. We've had Elizabeth the First, George the First and James the First, but we've never had a June the first.

Grandyma Fri 21-Jun-19 17:31:46

I agree with an awful lot of the previous posts but what about Black Adder?? I’m a huge Billy Connolly fan but Spike Milligan was a true comic genius imo.

Sheilagh Sat 22-Jun-19 12:16:54

I had my cataracts done recently and when I took the eye patch off next morning I was shocked to see the unattractive bags under my eyes, my son told me they had been there a long time I just hadn’t been able to see them before.
We both ended up in fits of laughter.
I still need glasses thank goodness so I can hide them.

KatyK Sat 22-Jun-19 12:48:35

Humour is strange isn't it? I never found Monty Python funny or Dad's Army, or Last of the Summer Wine. I've never laughed at Michael McIntyre or Sarah Milligan. I love Mrs Brown though smile

KatyK Sat 22-Jun-19 12:48:56

Millican

lemongrove Sat 22-Jun-19 16:40:27

callgirl1 that photo is bloody hilarious! ?

BradfordLass72 Sun 23-Jun-19 08:33:26

I have a collection of photos which make me laugh.

Filmstar7 Sun 23-Jun-19 09:58:35

We shall be visiting new grandchild who is four weeks old. Have been told to take our shoes off when we arrive because of germs. Now, perhaps I might understand the mothers concern if the baby is crawling - isn’t this ridiculous? Seems to me the in-laws are not welcome?