Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(49 Posts)
12Michael Wed 19-Jun-19 06:14:53

Good Morning Everyone,
This morning is looking , grey ,muggy and wet outside, and maybe thundery.
A quiet day today had plans to visit parents graves with fresh flowers but will do when things improve.
Mick

Lins1066 Wed 19-Jun-19 07:55:30

Good Morning from a dry S Welsh coast.
Enjoy the Tempest NanKate, that takes me back, the Tempest was one of my A Level plays.
Enjoy your cruise BlueSapphire.
I have a dental check up tomorrow so hope all goes well.
Have a safe journey home Urmston

annsixty Wed 19-Jun-19 08:09:34

Good morning all.
I am sitting in bed with my cuppa wishing the heating was on and looking out, as usual, to dull grey skies.
Will summer ever come?
My D who lives in W. Sussex said they had rain of biblical proportions last night with thunder and lightening.
I am out for a pub lunch today ( hurray) first tims through thr door since last Friday so looking forward to it.
Have as good a day as you can everyone.

ninathenana Wed 19-Jun-19 08:14:13

Morning all

Spectacular storm off the Kent coast last night. Continuous flashes for over an hour. Still raining steadily now.
Not much planned. A day of rest before my minor surgery tomorrow.
Don't get too wet people

DanniRae Wed 19-Jun-19 08:31:37

Good Morning Everyone from a grey South London! Rain in the night but no thunder storm thankfully because that means we don't sleep because the dog goes crazy and gets so distressed it's pitiful sad
Good day today as my daughter is coming over with my new grandson and I can't wait to see them both.
Have a good day everyone. Sending special thoughts to anyone who is sad today x

Sar53 Wed 19-Jun-19 08:34:49

Good morning everyone from a rather wet Essex by the sea. I'm off to Kent today to DD2. My granddaughter is in a school production of A Midsummer Night's Dream this evening. I'm really looking forward to it. I just hope the M25 is playing ball.
Have a good day everyone.

BlueSapphire Wed 19-Jun-19 08:46:56

Urmstongran, yes I do have two suitcases for my cruise! Always take two on a cruise, got to get the long dresses in and the party shoes, plus clothes for every sort of weather. No luggage limit on a cruise.
Thank you everyone for your good wishes - first ocean cruise on my own since DH died last year.

Luckygirl Wed 19-Jun-19 08:51:02

What a grey day! (who used to say that?).

Taking advantage of the fact that OH is in the hospice, and receiving excellent care, to go to my stitching group - we are sewing panels telling the history of the village to be displayed in the new village hall. Then a friend popping in for tea - then I must get on with sorting my music folder for a concert I am conducting tonight with my choir! - I haven't looked at it since last week!

Anniebach Wed 19-Jun-19 08:51:51

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Rain again for Mid Wales

Hope everyone has a good day x

Luckygirl Wed 19-Jun-19 08:54:24

It was Larry Grayson.

grannylyn65 Wed 19-Jun-19 09:07:12

Sunny and blue sky in Perth ( Scotland )

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 19-Jun-19 09:14:37

Good morning from a very grey east London, although temperature is quite mild. Big gap without tennis this morning, substitute is a walk to the surgery to pick up a prescription. School pick up later then taking GD to her gymnastics class. Have a good day.

Carillion Wed 19-Jun-19 09:33:03

NanKate
So envious. I hope you have a lovely time. The only live theatre I ever saw was 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' at Regents Park, many moons ago with Peter Wyngard as Oberon. Magical. Keep warm!

Nannyfaraway Wed 19-Jun-19 09:39:50

Good morning everyone. Dry but dull here. Just off to work. Short shift today should finish at 3

Urmstongran Wed 19-Jun-19 09:46:02

Where are you posting from please Nannyfaraway? It’s nice to know.
?

Rufus2 Wed 19-Jun-19 10:06:08

Evening All! Only 2 days to the shortest and then longer days to look forward to. Winter has finally arrived via the South Pole; very cold, 12C max, showers but never snow. Good job too! OoRoo grin

Auntieflo Wed 19-Jun-19 10:09:07

Good morning Michael, Annie and all. I had just written a post, then lost it all. Buggerations etc.
It is not raining here, at the moment, so may go out for a few bits and pieces and post a letter.
I found out yesterday, that an elderly neighbour had died, while we were away, so I took his wife a cake that I had made that morning, and am now baking a replacement.
Yesterday we were at hospital, nearly all day, what with the travelling back and forth, and I am tired out. We go by bus, and although convenient, it does take it out of you.
We should have been back there today, at silly o’clock, for DH scan before radiotherapy, but it was cancelled, so for once I am not sorry.
Luckygirl, I was trying to remember who said that, when you posted again. I could remember his face, and him saying something like “peel me a grape” or somesuch.
Have a good day one and all.

Mapleleaf Wed 19-Jun-19 10:29:20

Good morning,
A dull, damp and slightly breezy morning here in SY.
Nothing planned for today other than waiting for the intruder alarm engineer to come and do it’s annual service.
I could tackle the ironing pile, I suppose...?
Have a good day, whatever your plans.
Enjoy your cruise, BlueSapphire.

Legs55 Wed 19-Jun-19 10:33:12

Morning all from a very wet Devon, miserable here. Off to take some recycling to local car park later. Need to prepare for a trip up to West Somerset Railway tomorrow, hope the weather's better for the drive, doesn't matter once I'm there as I'll be on the train, would be nice to see the views though. Generally a day at home & no gardeningsad

Ellianne Wed 19-Jun-19 11:12:47

Good morning.
Thank you for adding me. We're moving soon to the West Country but leaving family and grandchildren behind in London. Mixed emotions, but concentrating on the positives.

I'm looking forward to joining in here on Gransnet.

Jools22 Wed 19-Jun-19 11:56:35

Going to the Lincolnshire Show, it’s going to be wet and grey but we farmers from Lincolnshire and deal with all weathers with a smile

Tillybelle Wed 19-Jun-19 13:56:03

Afternoon everyone. Still cloudy in South Notts. The birds are singing so beautifully!

I had to go back and lie down after getting up hence it's late.

Still hoping I can manage to do at least one job on my endless list. Need to rest again for a while though, today might be a write off.

To anyone in the same boat - I hope you can keep positive and have something pleasant to pass the time. I can't manage music or noise until the migraine is tamed.

Thinking of all of you who won't meet anyone to talk to today and sending special thoughts! You never know - maybe we will become psychic mind-readers if we work on it then it won't matter if we can't get out or if no one comes to visit us!

Tillybelle Wed 19-Jun-19 14:06:08

Hello Ellianne! (Pretty name) My slow brain has just registered that you must be new from the way you speak! As you seem to be asking, I think all are welcome so long as you respect the guidelines! (Which are pretty normal and not difficult).

I hope you will enjoy being a member and find some Forums that you like. There are so many and they are extremely varied, just as all the members have different backgrounds and experience, so I feel sure you will soon find something of interest. I often simply follow the lead from my email!

I'm sure you will like this page of Mike's. People here are really kind, I find. Many are very busy but I am unable to move about very much so I do not have lots of outings and so on to talk about. I enjoy hearing about what other's do and see.

Looking forward to "meeting" you again! Welcome to GransNet! flowers

Tillybelle Wed 19-Jun-19 14:08:37

Oh Jools22! Hope it isn't too boggy!