Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop’s kitchen, filled with kindness, understanding and some damn fine cake ! Come on in.

(1001 Posts)
NanaandGrampy Thu 20-Jun-19 09:07:28

Hello familiar faces and new ones too - come in for a chat or to share your cares !

GrannyGravy13 Sat 20-Jul-19 11:43:15

I have a lull in my Granny duties so have popped in to catch up with news.

It does seem odd without Soops post, she really is the heart of our friendly kitchen.

I think we are in for more storms here, although I can see a patch of blue sky.

When I wanted to test drive a car in March, I had Mr,Gravy in the back and the salesman beside me.......it was far worse than taking my driving test many moons ago!!!

Greyduster I reallly fancy your veggie lasagne for lunch, might have to get my lazy btm into my own kitchen and make one!!!!

Hello Baggs, good to hear from you.

TOYA ??

Izabella Sat 20-Jul-19 11:45:49

this is for Grannygravy13

Obviously I am in frivolous mode this morning!

Izabella Sat 20-Jul-19 11:50:36

Talking of test drives,(see prior post) I went on one in a high performance sports car some years ago. I asked the salesman if he was worried as he didn't know what my driving was going to be like. 'Good heavens, no was the reply 'I used to work for Volvo' ?

Izabella Sat 20-Jul-19 11:51:13

I shall now go away and behave myself

Bellanonna Sat 20-Jul-19 11:52:18

Please don’t, Izabella !! ?

dragonfly46 Sat 20-Jul-19 11:58:13

Sorry so many posts since I last posted that I cannot reply to all.

Good to hear from Panache and Izabella, I hope your leg heals soon.

I love the sweet peas Tanith I too went out and picked some today. I keep a vase by my parents photo with flowers in. My dad died last summer and although my mum is still alive she has dementia so not really my mum any more.

Look forward to hearing from Soop again.
TOYA

Nannyfaraway Sat 20-Jul-19 14:43:14

Isabella I'm loving your posts.
Please can someone tell me what TOYA means. Maybe I'm being dim but just can't work it out

GrannyGravy13 Sat 20-Jul-19 14:49:43

TOYA = Thinking of you all.

Oh Izabella, you are naughty but thank you.

Mr.Gravy always knows when our local fire station has a charity car wash.......I volunteer to get his car cleaned after I have come home with my clean car!

gransal Sat 20-Jul-19 14:51:09

nanny it means Thinking Of You All.

Feelingmyage55 Sat 20-Jul-19 14:51:55

T thinking
O of
Y you
A all

Nannyfaraway Sat 20-Jul-19 14:55:43

Thanks all. Now you have told me it seems obvious.
Why couldn't I work it put.?

NanaandGrampy Sat 20-Jul-19 16:46:22

Afternoon all,

We have returned home with the Queen of the Universe! She kept us entertained the whole way home with her take on love, life and tv programmes we shouldn’t miss!

Now there will be a small interlude for snacks and drinks before she takes charge of dinner !! Tonight , as she has had ( and I quote) such an exhausting day with all the travelling ( sod her elderly grandparents that have done twice as much and driven !) she has chosen fish and chips which Grampy will purchase BUT she will dish up because she thinks Grampy has a wonky eye for portion control ???

The Queen of the Universe is turning into a creditable cook ( if you ignore her penchant for fast food). I am assured her roast is , ‘ to die for’ - Grampy could be heard muttering in the background ‘it’ll probably kill us then ! )

If we don’t pop in tomorrow you know who did it!

I’ve proper cheered up with your picture Izabella - thank you!

The test drive sounds like a nightmare Grey , lucky you didn’t take the Leg of lamb with you !

Right , I am summoned to help prep the table !

Happy evening all xx

kittylester Sat 20-Jul-19 17:30:15

N&G, your post cheered me up just when I needed it. Nothing seriously amiss just pesky curtain hunting that is not going well. Hey ho.

I can empathise re the test drive GD. I crunch gears and stall all over the place if the salesman is with us when we test drive cars. We have put changing DH's car (AKA the mistake) for a while as there is nothing tempting him but it is only putting off the day when we start the blessed process again!!

Thanks for the update re the Soops, baggs, it's lovely to see you.

Panache there seems to be continuing improvement in your situation at last. Thank you for keeping us up to date.

I think I have a brew calling my name so I'll be off and look in later on.

TOYA

Greyduster Sat 20-Jul-19 21:37:40

Well, we have had a lovely evening with youngest child (child? She’s forty eight!! But she is still my baby!), who came to dine and astonished us once again with the amount of food she can put away and still stay a size ten!! When I was her age I was well beyond redemption! There was lasagne, then more lasagne, and salad, and garlic bread, followed by salted caramel pavlova with strawberries and cream. She helped herself to a handful of father’s licquorice allsorts before we went off for a walk round the lanes. Since she started her new job she is lighter in herself, more communicative and not so “buttoned up” as she has been. That is not to say she doesn’t have burdens to bear, but it is good to see, and a small weight off my mind. I have bid a tearful farewell to the last of the Gordon’s, and am ready for my bed. Even the golf can’t keep me rooted this evening. “Say goodnight to the people, Greyduster!”?

Doodle Sat 20-Jul-19 22:43:15

izabella. Ooh I say grin. Lovely firemen ?‍?

GrannyGravy13 Sat 20-Jul-19 22:48:33

Doodle sorry the firemen are all mine ????

lemongrove Sat 20-Jul-19 22:50:11

Just popped in ( got the alert from Doodle) to see your friendly firemen, oooh err! I do love a man nearly wearing a uniform.?

Panache Sat 20-Jul-19 23:07:35

My treat of the day and thank you all for your kind messages ,it is so good to be back and part and parcel of Soop`s special kitchen.

Another update due I think, and yes almost all the furniture is now in place,what is more I have a very pleased and proud beloved, because he masterminded most of it basing it on my favourite colours of aquamarine,shades of purple and lots of ivory...............it is truly a mini French Chateau!!!!!
It has given him such pleasure and now it is all beginning to shape up so nicely,very comfy too,he is so happy seeing me chuffed to bits!
Smiling faces are good for the morale!
The heaps of boxes are no more!

More good news...........such a change for us!!.......we had two offers on our old place once the sale was relaunched,one a cash one and the other with a small chain.Since the cash offer was tied up with the owner in Dubai and was rather involved, we felt the other more acceptable,though dreaded the fact there was a chain.
However this very day we have learnt the gent hopes to complete in August and can`t wait to move in to get the garden back under control!
He is now very interested in obtaining lots of our furniture if you please, but sadly too late, that has already departed and is in the Auction rooms..........we could have made more cash and saved ourselves a lot of hassle, but the main thing is that the property will soon be off our hands.
I need this time simply to enjoy and share to the utmost,with the property sold I can then,hopefully,be in a position to offer much more time and nursing care as my dear one`s health declines.

The leg just will not heal and at the moment iodine dressings are changed almost daily,time I asked to try these honey ones I think Lins1066...........they have proved healing other times for me.Thank you for your concern.

The rain avoided us yet again, resulting in there being no green green grass of home anymore....... just golden shreds!

Time for noddy land I guess and so night night my lovely friends,sleep well and hopefully a good day ahead tomorrow...........perhaps more of those burly men to admire eh Izabella........I like how your mind works!!

Doodle Sat 20-Jul-19 23:20:10

Oh panache to have some lovely cheerful posts from you lifts the spirits. Your colour choices sound lovely.?

gransal Sat 20-Jul-19 23:30:00

dear panache I have a tear in my eye. So so very pleased for you and your dear one. Fingers and all things crossed your house sale goes through. Take care.

dragonfly46 Sat 20-Jul-19 23:37:10

Brilliant news Panache so pleased you are getting settled.

Synonymous Sun 21-Jul-19 08:52:57

Just a quick pop in before a busy day and am so pleased to read the happy post from Panache, a real joy. So impressed to read of MrP's skills in interior design, I expect MrP really enjoyed himself in doing it for you. It is lovely seeing the whole thing coming together and your pleasure in it all.
Incidentally,I wouldn't dare to leave furnishing choices to Himself as he has not even any spatial awareness! That's alright though because he has many talents in other directions and I rather love doing that kind of thing myself.

We are taking some special friends out for lunch today so must get my skates on, really looking forward to it! smile

NanaandGrampy Sun 21-Jul-19 09:39:00

Morning all !!

My favourite granddaughter is still sleeping ( which is one of the reasons she is my favourite ( and only) granddaughter :-) ) I am not good in the mornings before coffee and she is the only one that sleeps in so late so I can be coffee'd up, dressed and ready to face her and the world- I do so love her lol !!!

Nothing worse than searching for something that should be so easy like curtains * Kitty* and finding what you want proving rarer than hen's teeth !!

Glad things are all coming together Panache , enjoy your new life !!

I am off to get ready to face the day before risking waking the Queen of the Universe as we have to go grocery shopping for her cooking bonanza !!

Happy days all !

annsixty Sun 21-Jul-19 10:35:41

Such very good news from panache
It was so cheering.
Your home sounds lovely, well done to your H.
I am slightly more cheerful this morning although I face the task of telling a friend, not particularly close, that I am not ready to go on holiday with her yet.
She has been widowed about 4 years now and goes with her family every year but now wants a change.

I got up quite early, had a bacon butty and then shaved my legs in the shower, moistured them and put on a dress!!
The first time in many years, yes it is a new dress, a simple linen shift from M&S bought earlier in the year in anticipation of a hot summer.
I am wearing it anyway.

I hope you all have as good a day as you can.

Greyduster Sun 21-Jul-19 10:38:25

N&G I rather envy you your GD with her love of cooking. GS’s only lean towards doing anything culinary is that he will peel carrots with an overenthusiasm that results in them looking more like pencils!! He can sleep for England though - I’ll take what I can get!
Panache I’m glad things are looking up for you both!
I am annoyed this morning as my iPad has decided it doesn’t want anything to do with WiFi so will not connect to the internet. So I am stuck on my tiny iPhone! First world problem! I should be ashamed!
I will look in later if I can.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion