Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(37 Posts)
12Michael Sun 23-Jun-19 06:25:52

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey start but dry here in Brackley , maybe a sign of mixed weather today.
Yesterdays travels , changed slightly , I was waiting for the Buckingham bus, did not show on time , I was talking to another bus driver, and he turned from a different direction and went straight past, I came home, but went into thinking I can still do it, I caught the bus , who's driver I had spoken to earlier to Banbury , used my new railcard and got a single to Bicester , got what I wanted there then caught the X5 to Buckingham, browsed the flea market no purchase , had lunch then eventually caught the bus back to Brackley.
A slightly different routine , with plenty of walking and up and down steps.
Mick

Mapleleaf Sun 23-Jun-19 17:32:04

Thank you greyduster I’ll look for some copper tape to try.

vena11 Sun 23-Jun-19 10:40:21

Morning all , dry and quite warm here in Bristol, hopefully the sun will come out soon. Sorry to hear Oldgaijin you have been unwell, chemo is just horrible so you take care. hope you are feeling better to Marydoll flowers

Pittcity Sun 23-Jun-19 10:24:27

Good morning from a warm but overcast Colchester. I have just sat down with a cuppa as DGSs have gone home after overnight stay and I have dealt with the bulk of the aftermath. Will relax with the tennis and football this afternoon.
Big hugs to Marydoll and Oldgaijin thanks

gillybob Sun 23-Jun-19 09:36:55

Good morning from a dry but overcast NE coast.

We had little Evie for most of yesterday, she’s such a joy. Like her big cousins she hates being indoors so we played out and had lunch in the garden despite it being a bit breezy. DH managed to get a few paving stones levelled that I have been “asking” him to do for a while for fear of Evie tripping on them. We watched the new Clint Eastwood film “The Mule” last night (I bought it for my dad for Father’s Day) . It was very good and a true story which I hadn’t realised (I don’t think he ever makes a bad film) and the music soundtrack is excellent, but the overall sound just didn’t seem right which was a bit of a shame.

Nothing planned for today except a little shopping ready for a week of childcare, school runs and “that place” . My DS is in the Ukraine this week so I have the older children staying over most of the time.

Do look after yourself and do as you are told Oldgaijin I hope you are feeling much better soon.

Continue to enjoy your cruise BlueSapphire and have a lovely relaxing day at sea.

Have a good Sunday everyone x

Grammaretto Sun 23-Jun-19 09:05:18

Oldgaijin sending healing vibes.
I hope the family will cheer you.

dragonfly46 Sun 23-Jun-19 08:58:08

Good morning. So sorry Ginnyto hear about your DD’s flight being cancelled.
Sorry to hear you are still feeling rotten Marydoll.

Oldgaijin how awful for you. I felt pretty rotten aching all over yesterday and wasn’t sure whether it was my tablets or a virus. Fortunately feeling much better today.

Urmstongran Sun 23-Jun-19 08:56:31

Good morning everyone from a dry, warm but not sunny South Manchester. My husband has promised to take our 6y old grandson to the Trafford Centre at lunchtime - on the bus ‘can we go upstairs Grandad?’ - to buy a toy from the Lego shop.

I’ll be off to daughter and son in law’s to play with the 2y old cutie granddaughter whilst mum & dad make Sunday lunch for us all. Lovely!

Mick your ingenuity paid off and I bet you enjoyed getting the better of the transport system in your own way!

You sound as though you’ll be having another great day BlueSapphire how fab to have such choices! If there is a cinema I’d be tempted to see what film is on this afternoon - pure escapism on a Sunday!

oldgaijin you’ve had a nasty shock to your system. I hope you feel better soon as your meds kick in. At least the hospital let you home to rest so be sensible and do nowt.

Ginny42 I bet you feel so disappointed today. Best laid plans and all that. Tuesday will be here in the blink of an eye and you’ll be all the more excited.

Maw how lovely to play tag with the ‘other’ granny. What a good idea! Bet you’re shattered but happy today.

I hope Sunday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Anniebach Sun 23-Jun-19 08:53:45

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

harrigran Sun 23-Jun-19 08:46:33

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Yesterday never got quite warm enough to sit out, it was a shame because it looked nice and sunny.
No plans for today but family sometimes arrives at short notice.

Greyduster Sun 23-Jun-19 08:36:02

Hostas!!!

Greyduster Sun 23-Jun-19 08:35:40

Maple I recommend putting copper tape around your pots. Slugs and snails will not cross it. It has saved my hostess for several years in a row.

Greyduster Sun 23-Jun-19 08:33:53

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. I am late on here today as our internet dropped out AGAIN! Getting to be a real nuisance. It is slowly brightening up in South Yorkshire and we are off to watch GS play in football match this morning. Two of our star players have gone to their granny’s so we could be up the creek! Mick your journies always sound like they are planned with military precision! Hats off to you! I would have completely given up when the first bus failed to turn up! Have a good day folks!

Mapleleaf Sun 23-Jun-19 08:28:53

Morning everyone,
A calm, overcast sort of morning here so far, with the odd sunny break through.
Sounds quite an adventure you had yesterday, Mick. Sometimes a change is as good as a rest, they say!
Sorry to hear of your troubles Oldgaijin, but rest up as advised and look forward to seeing your family later on.
Im thrilled to report that I spotted a hedgehog in our front garden last night. Haven't seen one for ages, but suspected there was one about because of the little 'deposits' I saw on the lawn the other day which I was certain came from a hedgehog. Also, the slug and snail population seem a little less around my hostas under the magnolia tree. (They are still attacking the ones I have in pots round the back, though ?.)
Hope you all enjoy your day, and that you, BlueSapphire enjoy your relaxing Sunday on board the ship. ?

Sprout Sun 23-Jun-19 08:27:07

Morning Mick and all. You had a grand tour Mick but as they say a change is as good as a rest. Had a wonderful day yesterday with my brother and sister in law lunch in the garden and laughs all day. It's good for the soul. Friends with their 6week old baby coming for dinner to day looking forward to a cuddle. Bit overcast today but hope it picks up. Have a good peaceful Sunday everyone.

Grammaretto Sun 23-Jun-19 08:24:09

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. A bit dull outside. My visitors have left so feeling somewhat down.
I must unpick several rows of knitting due to working on the wrong side!
I will phone all the DC and siblings.
Have a good day everyone wherever you are.

Auntieflo Sun 23-Jun-19 08:23:13

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all. the sun is trying hard to appear. it's struggling at the moment, but hopefully will stay.
Michael, hope you enjoyed your different excursions, they can be the best sometimes. oldgaijin, you must have been feeling so poorly, but glad to hear that you are slowly on the mend. Do as ordered and let the visitors/ family, look after you. (can you read this)? smile. Marydoll, you are another who needs to really cosset yourself. Love that word, but don't know if I have spelt it correctly!
Have a good day one and all.

MawBroonsback Sun 23-Jun-19 08:20:37

Oldgaijin I am so sorry, your post must have appeared while I was typing - what a truly frightening experience. I am glad you are home and send you very best wishes for a speedy improvement flowers

MawBroonsback Sun 23-Jun-19 08:18:01

Good morning all from a slightly overcast Moseley but it is due to clear soon.
On to Day 3 of Operation GIC (grannies in charge) - my co granny and I are looking after the 3 Moseley DGCS while Mummy and Daddy enjoy a 10th Wedding Anniversary away.
The DGCs , being the age they are of course have a host of Friday evening/ weekend activities, fortunately all only a short drive to take and pick up (my job) but Google maps has been my standby.
M and D back this evening (sigh of relief) but they are lovely kids and it has been a joy and a privilege to be such an integral part of their lives including DGD’s induction afternoon at her new school in September.
Now, poor you Marydoll please please take it easy and let others take the strain.
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

Sar53 Sun 23-Jun-19 08:15:46

Good morning everyone from a hazy Essex by the sea. We are predicted a sunny day so fingers crossed as we are going to a family photo shoot this afternoon, should be fun, 10 adults and five little ones !!!
Have a good day everyone.

Ginny42 Sun 23-Jun-19 08:13:25

Oldgaijin What a difficult day you had yesterday. Do as the Dr instructed today! I think bed is a good idea. Sounds as though the family are arriving in time to take care of you. flowers

Marydoll Sun 23-Jun-19 08:10:04

Good morning Mick and all from a cloudy Glasgow, but hopefully it will warm up later.

What an adventure you had Mick, they are the best kind of days out!
Ginny, you must be so disappointed.
As for you, oldgaijin, Dae as yur tellt and stay in bed!" I'm sorry to hear of your trip to hospital. flowers

Nothing planned today, feeling rotten again, (so many possible causes sad ) so for once I'm going to do as I'm told, take it easy and read the papers. That will be after I go for them, grin, I cannot summon up the energy!!

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

oldgaijin Sun 23-Jun-19 08:01:16

Oh, and just to add insult to injury, one of the lenses has fallen out of my glasses so I can't see properly!

oldgaijin Sun 23-Jun-19 07:57:50

Good morning all from an overcast Aberdeenshire. It's been a dramatic few days...on Friday I had to call the emergency doc as I had a temperature in the 40's and had to be carted off in an ambulance to hospital. It was diagnosed as some sort of infection compromised by being on chemo. Am back home now, full of paracetamol and ibuprofen to lower temperature plus Tamiflu and an antibiotic which is usually used to treat gonorrhea, syphilis and malaria! My family arrive from Singapore tonight so I am on pain of death not to set foot out of bed. They will have to fend for themselves.
The mutt has gone to stay with a friend so the pheasants are breathing a sigh of relief that the annoying little bigger is away from home, even temporarily.
Have a peaceful Sunday everyone.

cornergran Sun 23-Jun-19 07:39:05

Morning Mick, morning All from a cloudy corner of Somerset. Some blue bits that I hope will grow, no matter what the weather forecast predicts. I’m the only one awake, Mr C is still slumbering as are two grandchildren on a sleepover. Don’t think I’ll be waking them, something about sleeping tigers and stick grin. Once the children are off a quiet day ahead, may drift out for a wander, see if the predicted storms materialise. Sorry for your disappointment ginny, Tuesday isn’t far away though, soon be here. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

EllanVannin Sun 23-Jun-19 07:37:14

Good Morning All x
Not sure what the weather wants to do so far as it's on the cloudy side with a slight breeze and a bit of brightness trying to poke through. Not too cold though.

Finishing off the shrub pruning today so that the bottlebrush can breathe again but it's getting a bit weighted down with flowers and lesser leaves.

I love the way Mick gets around and about-----good on him, I envy his energy and enthusiasm.

Happy holiday to those who are away on their travels and to everyone else a peaceful enjoyable Sunday.