Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(37 Posts)
12Michael Sun 23-Jun-19 06:25:52

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey start but dry here in Brackley , maybe a sign of mixed weather today.
Yesterdays travels , changed slightly , I was waiting for the Buckingham bus, did not show on time , I was talking to another bus driver, and he turned from a different direction and went straight past, I came home, but went into thinking I can still do it, I caught the bus , who's driver I had spoken to earlier to Banbury , used my new railcard and got a single to Bicester , got what I wanted there then caught the X5 to Buckingham, browsed the flea market no purchase , had lunch then eventually caught the bus back to Brackley.
A slightly different routine , with plenty of walking and up and down steps.
Mick

Greyduster Sun 23-Jun-19 08:35:40

Maple I recommend putting copper tape around your pots. Slugs and snails will not cross it. It has saved my hostess for several years in a row.

Greyduster Sun 23-Jun-19 08:36:02

Hostas!!!

harrigran Sun 23-Jun-19 08:46:33

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Yesterday never got quite warm enough to sit out, it was a shame because it looked nice and sunny.
No plans for today but family sometimes arrives at short notice.

Anniebach Sun 23-Jun-19 08:53:45

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Urmstongran Sun 23-Jun-19 08:56:31

Good morning everyone from a dry, warm but not sunny South Manchester. My husband has promised to take our 6y old grandson to the Trafford Centre at lunchtime - on the bus ‘can we go upstairs Grandad?’ - to buy a toy from the Lego shop.

I’ll be off to daughter and son in law’s to play with the 2y old cutie granddaughter whilst mum & dad make Sunday lunch for us all. Lovely!

Mick your ingenuity paid off and I bet you enjoyed getting the better of the transport system in your own way!

You sound as though you’ll be having another great day BlueSapphire how fab to have such choices! If there is a cinema I’d be tempted to see what film is on this afternoon - pure escapism on a Sunday!

oldgaijin you’ve had a nasty shock to your system. I hope you feel better soon as your meds kick in. At least the hospital let you home to rest so be sensible and do nowt.

Ginny42 I bet you feel so disappointed today. Best laid plans and all that. Tuesday will be here in the blink of an eye and you’ll be all the more excited.

Maw how lovely to play tag with the ‘other’ granny. What a good idea! Bet you’re shattered but happy today.

I hope Sunday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

dragonfly46 Sun 23-Jun-19 08:58:08

Good morning. So sorry Ginnyto hear about your DD’s flight being cancelled.
Sorry to hear you are still feeling rotten Marydoll.

Oldgaijin how awful for you. I felt pretty rotten aching all over yesterday and wasn’t sure whether it was my tablets or a virus. Fortunately feeling much better today.

Grammaretto Sun 23-Jun-19 09:05:18

Oldgaijin sending healing vibes.
I hope the family will cheer you.

gillybob Sun 23-Jun-19 09:36:55

Good morning from a dry but overcast NE coast.

We had little Evie for most of yesterday, she’s such a joy. Like her big cousins she hates being indoors so we played out and had lunch in the garden despite it being a bit breezy. DH managed to get a few paving stones levelled that I have been “asking” him to do for a while for fear of Evie tripping on them. We watched the new Clint Eastwood film “The Mule” last night (I bought it for my dad for Father’s Day) . It was very good and a true story which I hadn’t realised (I don’t think he ever makes a bad film) and the music soundtrack is excellent, but the overall sound just didn’t seem right which was a bit of a shame.

Nothing planned for today except a little shopping ready for a week of childcare, school runs and “that place” . My DS is in the Ukraine this week so I have the older children staying over most of the time.

Do look after yourself and do as you are told Oldgaijin I hope you are feeling much better soon.

Continue to enjoy your cruise BlueSapphire and have a lovely relaxing day at sea.

Have a good Sunday everyone x

Pittcity Sun 23-Jun-19 10:24:27

Good morning from a warm but overcast Colchester. I have just sat down with a cuppa as DGSs have gone home after overnight stay and I have dealt with the bulk of the aftermath. Will relax with the tennis and football this afternoon.
Big hugs to Marydoll and Oldgaijin thanks

vena11 Sun 23-Jun-19 10:40:21

Morning all , dry and quite warm here in Bristol, hopefully the sun will come out soon. Sorry to hear Oldgaijin you have been unwell, chemo is just horrible so you take care. hope you are feeling better to Marydoll flowers

Mapleleaf Sun 23-Jun-19 17:32:04

Thank you greyduster I’ll look for some copper tape to try.