Gransnet forums

Chat

A spring in my step

(28 Posts)
Riverwalk Thu 27-Jun-19 07:32:46

Well not yet but will have by noon.

Following on from the 'Never leaving the house again thread' I brought forward by a week my regular visit to the hairdresser for roots, eyebrows and pedicure. So I'll be looking not so grim for a while!

The only bit I don't like is sitting in front of the mirror looking like Worzel Gummidge whilst the colour takes - I try not to look up grin

Anyone beach-ready?

Bordersgirl57 Tue 02-Jul-19 14:27:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Riverwalk Mon 01-Jul-19 16:46:29

The St Tropez one looks a bit pricey so I might try the Dove Summer Revisited, to Say hello to summer skin. We'll see smile

Day6 Mon 01-Jul-19 15:32:27

I am another not fond of the hairdressers. I hate all the hanging around and the almost obligatory small-talk. I did have my shoulder length hair cut short and coloured last week though. The dye made very little difference to my 'platinum' (as the hairdresser calls it) hair.

I sit in the sun for a few minutes most days - but not long as I am very fair skinned. That is my attempt at tanning. I have nice nails, almond shaped and long, and I paint them myself with vibrant gel polish. (I have discovered my nails look good with a lilac shade of shiny gel polish on them. That surprised me when I experimented.) I also do my own pedicures. I will never wear a bikini again, so I do not need the body-beautiful. I have lots of floaty sarongs to go over my cossie.

Floradora9 Mon 01-Jul-19 15:01:52

I hate going to the hairdresser I was glad to go gey and not have to sit through the colouring .

gillybob Mon 01-Jul-19 12:13:24

Your outfit sounds very stylish BlueSapphire as does your coral nail polish.

I once had a pedicure (many years ago) which was a huge mistake that left me barely able to walk. I have never had much in the way of hard skin etc. and my feet were very sore for days.

BlueSapphire Mon 01-Jul-19 12:03:50

I treated myself last week on my cruise to a manicure and pedicure, only had a pedicure once before but it was very good. The girl told me that my feet were in such a bad state that she recommended I go every two weeks when I get home, and then monthly! They look lovely now with bright coral polish.
Had my hair highlighted and roots done a couple of weeks ago, and bought some new clothes which I am wearing today on board. White jeans, Mantaray blue and white striped top, and coral sandals, so I definitely have a spring in my step! Am drinking a pre-lunch fizz as well!

lemongrove Mon 01-Jul-19 11:43:56

Riverwalk the end justifies the process, so is worth it.smile

lemongrove Mon 01-Jul-19 11:41:52

I am beach ready all year round, however, I detest beaches so rarely go on them.
I do my own nails/toenails but have regular hairdresser sessions, keep legs slightly tanned using Dove ( Summer Revived) which is also a good moisturiser.

Bordersgirl57 Mon 01-Jul-19 11:28:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

eazybee Mon 01-Jul-19 11:18:52

Ha! I have been using Garnier Summer Body Moisturising Lotion, for a sun-kissed look, and discovered yesterday that I have faintly peach coloured legs, orange heels, and interesting coloured palms.

Riverwalk Mon 01-Jul-19 10:32:38

Continuing my pursuit of the Body Beautiful hmm does anyone have recent experience of the tanning moisturisers?

I tried them some years back, things like Dove & Nivea but found them a bit hit and miss.

My legs are like milk bottles with brown ankles - not a good look!

CanadianGran Thu 27-Jun-19 20:25:22

I don't usually pamper myself with mani or pedicures, but received a gift certificate on Mother's Day. I have lovely shiny gel toes in a bright coral colour.

I do think it is important to look after oneself, and a bit of grooming makes us walk taller with a bit of self confidence.

Coolgran65 Thu 27-Jun-19 20:09:37

"""their version of a 'firm' massage is feathery strokery irritation."""

ClareAB you need a new masseuse smile

ClareAB Thu 27-Jun-19 20:04:59

When I was a young mum and hard up I was desperate to have facials, massages, nails and proper hair do's at a salon. Now, I've discovered that I don't enjoy it at all. It all take too much time, is too hot, and too noisy. Even massages... they play that awful music, and their version of a 'firm' massage is feathery strokery irritation.
I am a grumpy old woman smile

MiniMoon Thu 27-Jun-19 19:52:13

I've never been beach ready! My hair is short and neat, I manage my own nails, never wear polish. Today I have ordered a dress and a pair of trousers in readiness for my holidays. My husband and I are going to Ireland at the end of next month. I just need some shoes, and then I'm all ready to go.

Riverwalk Thu 27-Jun-19 16:20:40

Yes it is Maw especially as I've ditched my plan to have a bit of a sort out of the spare room - just closed the door instead!

MawBroonsback Thu 27-Jun-19 16:12:45

Sounds like a lovely day Riverwalk!

Riverwalk Thu 27-Jun-19 16:11:09

Well my hair, eyebrows and feet are looking rather lovely, unfortunately the nearest beach is the Thames foreshore but I don't want the tide coming in on me!

So I'm pavement-ready grin

Just had an al fresco lunch of seared tuna and a large glass of Chablis, in the sunshine with my best friend - Thursday is my favourite day! smile

Charleygirl5 Thu 27-Jun-19 09:39:29

nina you may take half of my bushes- my hair is similar but a lot of it although very fine.

ninathenana Thu 27-Jun-19 09:14:28

I'm part of the whale pod.

My hair is silver, very fine and fly away so no treatment apart from a 6-8 wk trim.
I do enjoy a mani and a pedi. I was most upset that I had to have the dark red gel polish on my toes removed before my surgery last week. Gel polish was supposed to last me most of the summer. When I find out what's happening I will know when I can get feet and hands re-done. As for eyebrows, what are they ?

sodapop Thu 27-Jun-19 08:56:21

Me too Namsnanny grin

GabriellaG54 Thu 27-Jun-19 08:23:38

I agree. A visit to the hairdresser with a hair masque, hot towel and head massage is pure bliss.
My appt is next Monday for cut n roots. It's always silky and swingy afterwards.
No pedi or mani, I prefer to do them myself and have short buffed bare nails.

Auntieflo Thu 27-Jun-19 08:23:35

Namsnanny grin . Can I join you?

TwiceAsNice Thu 27-Jun-19 08:13:48

Hair being cut and recoloured next week. Always makes me feel better about myself

Namsnanny Thu 27-Jun-19 08:02:33

Riverwalk.....beach(ed) as in whale? Oh yes I surely am!