Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(42 Posts)
12Michael Sun 30-Jun-19 06:22:36

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another bright sunny start with a clear sky this morning in Brackley.
Had prepared the turkey curry yesterday, will do it to warm in slow cooker later.
Other than a usual Sunday in, its build up time for the tour de France which will occupy my TV viewing most afternoons from next Saturday.
Mick

oldgaijin Sun 30-Jun-19 08:42:38

Good morning from a bright and sunny Aberdeenshire. O boy did we have a storm yesterday evening...magnificent forked lightening and thunder of mega proportions. The mutt sat on my knee, stuck his nose under my oxter 'til it was all past, so I am well warned for fireworks. Everything looks fresh and green this morning.
I think we'll do a wee Aldi run now that I am eating again and the cupboard is quite bare, then away to the woodies to meet mutt's pals.
Have a great day everyone.

Pittcity Sun 30-Jun-19 08:46:03

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Much fresher than yesterday. My hayfever hasn't lessened yet Urmstongran
A quiet Sunday getting over a very hot noisy wedding reception last night. Roast pork this evening.

Anniebach Sun 30-Jun-19 08:59:03

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Same as usual, doing nothing all day

Hope everyone has a good day x

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 30-Jun-19 09:04:56

Morning all. It's so hot here in South Notts, even puss is lounging about listlessly. Will go out for a drive later, then the supermarket.
Yesterday I got the washing done, it's dry and wrinkly but I really do not want to do the ironing. Maybe I shall go about looking like a bag of laundry for a few days as there's nothing in the diary so why bother to look smart?
Hope all is well with everyone - stay cool.

Mapleleaf Sun 30-Jun-19 09:06:23

Morning all,
Today we are forecast sunny intervals with a fresh breeze. Such a contrast to the heat of yesterday.
Plans are to cut the grass and go out for tea.
Yesterday evening ended with the tail end of a storm going on somewhere - we had a few rumbles of thunder and a few splodges of rain around about 9 pm. It all came to nothing, but I think someone got it not too far from us. It didn’t stop us from staying in the garden, anyway!
Tallinn sounds lovely BlueSapphire. Enjoy your tour today.

dragonfly46 Sun 30-Jun-19 09:13:42

Morning all - clouding over here now in Leicestershire.

I have had hospital appointments on Sundays and it is indeed easier to park. Hope it goes well for your DH Kitty.

We are going with friends to a cheese afternoon tea. I don't like sweet things so should be interesting.

Hope everyone has a good day.

GabriellaG54 Sun 30-Jun-19 09:14:46

Good morning everyone from an overcast Godalming. I'm glad it's cooler. Gosh! Some of you are up with the lark. I thought most people had a lie-in on a Sunday ?
I had scrambled eggs and 1 small piece of seeded bread plus cappuccino just now and that will be all until 6ish.
No run on Sundays so I might go up to Gibbert's Hill on the Downs a bit later - I like the exercise as it is somewhat steep in parts.
Have a safe journey and enjoyable week Urmstongran, no housework or cooking for a whole 6 days...grin
and to Marydoll and all who struggle with health issues...??? keep smiling and accept all the help you're offered.
For the rest of us, I hope the weather stays dry. grin

Bellasnana Sun 30-Jun-19 09:56:30

Good morning from Malta where it is very hot and sunny.
I’ve no plans at all apart from pottering about doing odd jobs around the house.

BlueSapphire your cruise sounds lovely and you seem to be seeing some nice places. Enjoy your city tour.

Mick, I shall be watching tv next week too, but tennis in my case rather than cycling. Wimbledon starts tomorrow!?

Gillybob, you worry me. You have such an enormous amount on your plate, but you still stay cheerful.

Hope you all have a good day whatever you are doing.sunshine

KatyK Sun 30-Jun-19 09:58:59

Good morning. It can't make its mind up here. Alternating sun and cloud. I'm off to the cinema with my sister this morning to see Yesterday.

Legs55 Sun 30-Jun-19 10:11:15

Good morning all, cloudy & a bit breezy here in Devon, promise that it will brighten later. Plan to be out in the garden, hope it's cooler & not as humid as yesterday.

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 30-Jun-19 10:53:17

Good morning from east London, not as sunny as earlier but still bright. Have spent some time planning tennis club tea for tomorrow’s match and wandering round the house looking at walls as DP wants my view on colours for the redecoration that will finish off the work we’re having done shortly. Two choir ‘gigs’ this afternoon in quick succession, one about 2 miles away in a park, then back to a street party not far from where I live. Have a good day.

Johno Sun 30-Jun-19 12:04:11

Good morning all from N Korea - just done morning march and praise for our leader. Feel very tired now. I hear your right to free speech is under serious threat in UK. I could not live in a country like yours. An internet friend smuggled a video to me of a man called Boris - he was white hair and talks like this - "phfaw phfaw phfaw, oogly oogly oogly" he fiddles a lot with his hands. He spoke about staying in Fascist state European Union. Thank Kim I live in N Korea. Later I will be ironing my uniform.

MawBroonsback Sun 30-Jun-19 21:24:42

confused
Yeah, right wink

gillybob Sun 30-Jun-19 21:28:30

What the hell ? I was in North Korea wonly last week and could get Gransnet at all wink

I’ll be ironing my uniform soon too . How much we have in common eh? grin

gillybob Sun 30-Jun-19 21:29:44

Only bloomin last week not wonly !

Mapleleaf Sun 30-Jun-19 21:48:44

Yeh, right, Johno. Say ‘hello’ to Trumpy whilst you’re ironing your uniform!!!?????