Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(44 Posts)
12Michael Mon 01-Jul-19 06:12:22

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a sunny and clear blue sky start here in Brackley this morning.
Not allot happening to me today , usual trips tomorrow.
Mick

gillybob Mon 01-Jul-19 07:51:19

Good morning from the NE coast where it is quite dull and breezy. I had a very poor nights sleep last night with my mind racing and anxiety levels through the roof thinking about the week ahead. I now have a pounding headache. Why does Monday come around so soon?

Anyway just enjoying a cuppa then off to “that place” for another weeks worth of sheer torture . Picking the children up from school later then an overnight . They want Sunday/Monday dinner so I have everything prepared ready.

Happy birthday to Bellasnana enjoy your day at the pool envy and I hope you enjoy your swish dinner tonight with the First Officer BlueSapphire and huge congratulations on your baby news Mythbirtthedragon how lovely a new baby for Christmas smile beats chocolates and socks any day !

Have a good Monday everyone x

Whitewavemark2 Mon 01-Jul-19 07:58:17

I have decided to join this thread, it is nice to mark our days?. So hello Mike and everyone. The weather is glorious here on the South Downs, not too hot but totally blue sky.

Wimbledon starts ???? today!

I have a busy day, housework this morning, and chiropodist this afternoon. I have toenail fungus caught from taking the GC swimming and I have never been able to clear it, so have a 6 week course of treatment booked. 2 hours this afternoon. Must take a book.

Very Happy Birthday to Bella your pool sounds inviting. Have a lovely relaxed day.

Everyone else enjoy your day.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 01-Jul-19 08:00:30

gilly missed your post. Hope you feel better later today. I can remember the stress when I was working. Not good is it?

Alygran Mon 01-Jul-19 08:08:21

Good morning from sunny but very windy North Yorkshire.
Just back from Grandma duty so have washing, shoppping and gardening to catch up with today.
Hope ‘that place ‘ isn’t too horrible Gilly.
Happy birthday Bella enjoy the pool.
Wishing everyone a good day.

Auntieflo Mon 01-Jul-19 08:18:15

Oh botherations etc, etc. I had just written a detailed posting, then my fat fingers deleted it all, so
Good morning Michael, Annie to come and all.
Happy birthday Bellasnana. Happy cruising BlueSapphire. Wonderful news Mythbirtthedragon.
Gillybob cant help with 'that place' but sending good vibes for the week ahead.
Oh and Whitewavemark2, have you tried sipping your toe into a pot of Vick? It sorted my toe problem.
Have a good day one and all.

Auntieflo Mon 01-Jul-19 08:19:33

Whitewave, dipping, not sipping.
(note to self, preview!!)

annsixty Mon 01-Jul-19 08:42:25

Good morning all.
It is grey, very dull and windy here in Stockport.
July already and what has happened to summer.?
Happy Birthday Bella you would freeze by the pool here.
After a bad night I am still in bed with a cup of tea and absolutely no incentive to get up.
Have as good a day as you can manage everyone.

harrigran Mon 01-Jul-19 08:53:08

Good morning from a windy NE.
Slept late after a family day yesterday, one GD was poorly and didn't visit and the other had hay fever.
DD visited before she went off to a birthday dinner party, such busy lives they lead.
Happy Birthday Bella enjoy the pool.

Anniebach Mon 01-Jul-19 08:54:13

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Harris27 Mon 01-Jul-19 09:00:33

Good morning all. It's breezy here in the ne. I'm off to work this morning on the last few weeks with my nursery children who leave soon. It's been a catch up weekend and a lunch with the girls. Going to see yesterday we'd so looking forward to that. Happy birthday bellasnana have a lovely day.

MawBroonsback Mon 01-Jul-19 09:02:34

Good morning all and a Happy Birthday to Bellasnana.
I am pleased it is fresher today, still sunny but with quite a breeze.
Strange start to the day, I wanted to be on the “big” computer by 10 to 8 as that is when our surgery releases appointments for the next 4 days, so I let Hattie out at 7.30, made a cup of tea and started back upstairs. Before I could make it to the top I felt faint, shaky, sweaty and sick, so I decamped to the en-suite for the next 10 minutes or so.
Not actually sick and it gradually subsided so back to bed to lie flat on my back for the next half hour when I may have dozed.
I feel fine now but may stay here for a bit.
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

Brunette10 Mon 01-Jul-19 09:08:51

Good Morning to everyone - late today but I made it smile. Rather windy outside here in Fife today, a bit like yesterday. Happy Birthday Bellasnana, Congratulations Mythbirtthedragon, how lovely. BlueSapphire enjoy your evening. Not much on today but for those who have enjoy your day. For those feeling under the weather look after yourself.

Mapleleaf Mon 01-Jul-19 09:08:59

Good morning everyone.
Cloudy and windy here today - not what you’d expect for July 1st.
Happy birthday BellasNana ???
Enjoy your evening tonight, BlueSapphire.
Congratulations, Mythbertthedragon ?
Off to my coffee morning shortly then need to pop into town to pay a bill.
Whatever your plans, enjoy the day.

EllanVannin Mon 01-Jul-19 09:23:24

Good Morning All x----White Rabbits !
Happy Birthday, Bellasnan and many of 'em x

Been blowing a hooley here, cold, some heavy cloud, not a bit like summer !
D and our Dutch friend dropping in today sometime as will other D and SiL from Oz who have finished their whistle-stop visiting before returning back home on Wed. Plenty of boo-hoos sad

I'll do a bit of tidying up then sit tight waiting for my visitors----stomach's rumbling here so crumpets are calling.
Enjoy your day everyone and hope those who are unwell feel better as the day goes on.

aggie Mon 01-Jul-19 09:49:45

Good Morning all , sunny , big clouds and blowing a gale here . Out and about this Morning with DD1 when I finally come to , I was so asleep when something banged outside and I don't take kindly to a rude awakening
Hope you are feeling better by now Maw Did you get through to the surgery ?

Justme67 Mon 01-Jul-19 11:52:28

A very late good morning, again, it is not that I get up late, other things seem to take over and it is nearly lunch time before I can get a chance to up-date my visit to Gransnet, and then have very little to say but enjoy reading what others have been doing. Yesterday for me was a lovely day, I went to the bowls club, and finally met up with lots of folk I have not kept up to date with for too long (my fault) . They were also so welcoming, and instead of feeling "out of it", I felt very much part of it although I did not play. Heard that one of older lady members from the club had had a nasty fall, so I must try to get in touch with her, she is very much on her own her husband died a couple of years ago and her family are abroad. I must try to get back into circulation again. Take care.

Rufus2 Mon 01-Jul-19 11:54:49

10 to 8 as that is when our surgery releases appointments for the next 4 days
That's crazy! Unless you're a hypochondriac you could be better by then! shock Our surgery opens at 9.00am and they ask "do you want to come before lunch or after?"
Hope you feel better soon. Cheers

Barmeyoldbat Mon 01-Jul-19 12:44:46

Happy birthday Bellansnanna I hope you have a lovely day celebrating your birthday. Here its bright and windy and early this morning we loaded the bikes onto the car to go to Wales for a bike ride. Unfortunately short time later I broke out into a sweat and starting having stomach pains and feeling sick. So I was dropped off at home and returned to bed and slept. Feeling a bit better now but I think I will just take it easy today. Hearing that Bellansnanna is in Malta made me think about Malta as a destination for Christmas as I have many happy memories of Malta.