Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(44 Posts)
12Michael Tue 02-Jul-19 06:12:52

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another blue sky start with some cloud in Brackley this morning.
Chores such as some housework before I do my usual Buckingham, and Bicester jaunt on the buses.
Mick

Pantglas1 Tue 02-Jul-19 06:19:34

Arghh 12 Michael! Thought I’d be first on this morning as I’ve been awake since five! I’m still on holiday clock so good morning to all who come after me from a slightly cloudy north Wales coast. Batch cooking this morning - chilli and Thai green chicken curry then a relaxing afternoon in the garden with fizz with a friend this evening.

kittylester Tue 02-Jul-19 06:25:44

Morning Mick, morning all.

North Leicestershire is very bright and sunny. Up extra early to have DS1 to hospital by 9.30 for a botox injection. I have to leave home at 8 to cope with early morning traffic into our small town and then into the hospital.

A big sit down after I think. grin

kittylester Tue 02-Jul-19 06:27:11

Morning pantglas!

BlueSapphire Tue 02-Jul-19 06:37:46

Good morning all from the Baltic Sea again. Weather fine but the sea is a bit choppy. The outside decks were closed for some of yesterday as the waves were quite big.

Another sea day, but part of it will be spent going through the Kiel Canal, which should be interesting. Other than that I plan on finishing my book, sudoku and crossword. Another photography presentation this afternoon and a recital by the piano quartet. And food!

Enjoyed yesterday evening at the First Officer's table; a delicious dinner with excellent wines, not the house wines which are usually served at mealtimes. It was interesting talking with the officers at our table and finding out about their roles on the ship.

Hope everyone has a pleasant day.

cornergran Tue 02-Jul-19 06:40:21

Morning Mick, morning All from our bright and breezy corner of Somerset. Hosting a monthly coffee session this morning then some catch up chores. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Bellasnana Tue 02-Jul-19 06:46:44

Good morning Mick and everyone. It is hot and sunny here in Malta. I need to do some cleaning today, then hairdresser later on and watching the tennis.

Thanks again to each one of you who so kindly sent birthday greetings yesterday. It really meant a lot to me. I had a lovely day and feel very lucky.

Today would have been my sister’s 67th birthday, but she died aged 54 and I miss her more as the years go by.

Your cruise sounds great, BlueSapphire! So glad you are having such a good time.

Hope everyone has a good day.sunshine

gillybob Tue 02-Jul-19 06:50:34

Good morning from the NE coast where the sun is desperately trying to break through . The breakfast cafe will be open for business in about 15 minutes with orders placed last night (although they have a tendency to change at the last minute). I took the older 3 DGC trampolining last night which is one of their favourite activities and booking a later session worked well in that they were ready for bed when we got back. Method in my madness .

Anyway a day of school runs and “that place” so another exciting day ahead.....not.

I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed your posh dinner at the First Officers table BlueSapphire I hope the sea calms down so you can enjoy life on deck again.

I have an early appointment on Thursday kitty so like you will have to leave at stupid o’clock to beat heavy traffic in the city centre. It’s the hospital parking that stresses me out the most.

Have a good Tuesday everyone x

Beechnut Tue 02-Jul-19 06:58:52

Good Morning everyone.
Sunny on Severnside.
Off to the dentist later for round two crown work.

Have a lovely day everyone 🌺

Marydoll Tue 02-Jul-19 06:59:42

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow, but hopefully no rain.

We have our wee granddaughter all day, as the schools and nurseries are closed for summer.
I also have yet another medical appointment, more bloods and samples it's never ending! Then a trip to the pharmacy, as my meds have changed again. sad
Papa will be in charge until my return, he may need time to recover in a darkened room after spending time with "Hurricane H"!!

She has insisted on Scotch pancakes for breakfast on her immediate arrival, so I had better get moving! grin

Bellasnana, a bittersweet day today for you, after a lovely birthday yesterday. flowers
Welcome Pantglas, it's good to see a new poster on the thread.

Have a good day, everyone.

Urmstongran Tue 02-Jul-19 07:16:24

Good morning everyone from sunny Plockton in Wester Ross. I’m sat in bed in our hotel room with a cuppa looking out at the view of Loch Carron. Beautiful.

Busy day ahead with two estate agents coming to give a valuation of my father’s house here today.

Then no driving today, will wander up and down the village visiting family and friends.

Sad to have lost your sister all those years ago Bellasnana how unusual that your birthdays were only a day apart.

Hope Tuesday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Resurgam123 Tue 02-Jul-19 07:16:48

Good morning All.
There was brìght sunshine earlier.
It seem to have gone now.

Alygran Tue 02-Jul-19 07:18:33

Good morning. It’s bright and sunny here in North Yorkshire today. Got the garden tidied and the lawns cut yesterday.
Parents support group this morning. I will be making the coffee.
Ironing to do and 10000 steps to fit in.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Greyduster Tue 02-Jul-19 07:19:57

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun has definitely got his hat on in South Yorkshire. Today is our fifty third anniversary. He’s a stayer, I’ll say that for him 😁! Nothing speciaL planned. We are going to an athletics meeting this afternoon and this evening I will cook something nice for dinner. Have a good day folks.

NanKate Tue 02-Jul-19 07:24:29

Morning Mick and All.

Likely to be a very pleasant day here in South Bucks.

Sorting and packing to be ready to leave early tomorrow as it is the start of us looking after the DGSs whilst their dad is on tour.

Hope to grab a bit of the tennis this afternoon.

Hope they can sort your meds out soon Marydoll you must be fed up with all your trips to the Docs.

Sprout Tue 02-Jul-19 07:25:43

Morning Mick and all. Nice morning here in Kent. The dogs get me up earlier and earlier I think I might invest in some black out blinds for the window. Glad you had a good dinner last night Bluesapphire how exciting and hope sea calmer today. Shopping today and lunch with the girls. Have a good day everyone what ever you are doing.

NanKate Tue 02-Jul-19 07:26:00

Greyduster 🎉🍾

Marydoll Tue 02-Jul-19 07:29:13

I am indeed Kate, but my GP is a very handsome man! wink Shades of Dr Kildare. grin

Brunette10 Tue 02-Jul-19 07:37:45

Good Morning from a bright and sunny Fife. Have DDG's today instead of their usual Wednesday. Have plans to get out and about since the weather is fine so keep fingers crossed. Welcome Pantglas1, BlueSapphire glad dinner went well last night for you and Bellasnana flowers. I hope everyone has a good day whatever you do.

Ginny42 Tue 02-Jul-19 07:48:05

Good morning Mick and all. After a glorious afternoon and evening yesterday, I hoped this morning would be bright, but it's a grey, miserable sky here in Cheshire.

Enjoying a peaceful cuppa before GS wakens and the day gets underway. Spiderman film this afternoon. No school as he's from abroad, and they broke up last week, although shop assistants do sometimes ask why he's not at school.

Marydoll grin

Resurgam123 Tue 02-Jul-19 07:48:15

Our choir is auditioning a new conductor today. The previous one has given the choir 4 ? 5 yrs, and made a huge difference to the choir. He will be sorely missed.

A lot of other people have found out how good he was and we got a lot more people coming from other choirs.
I have only been there for about two.

There are quite a lot of choral societies about where we ĺive. Hope for a good conductor for us.

MawBroonsback Tue 02-Jul-19 07:49:38

Good morning from a bright and sunny corner of N Bucks!
Glad to say I made it down to the kitchen and back up with my brew without silly faintness or nausea.
Off to Birmingham today for the boys’ primary school Musical Spectacular which is their end of year musical performance in the school fields. I remember it was baking last year.
Then I am going to watch DGS1’s Royal Ballet School open lesson - a rare treat!
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

Mapleleaf Tue 02-Jul-19 07:55:07

Good morning,
The sun has got his hat on this morning. Hope it lasts as I've a few outdoor chores to do today.
Congratulations Greyduster and Mr Grey 🍾.
Welcome, Pantglas1..
Have a good day everyone. 🙂

Sar53 Tue 02-Jul-19 08:11:13

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea. I'm off to DD1 tomorrow for a week so will spend today ironing and cleaning and packing. I don't think DH does much whilst I am away. He's away tomorrow night with work so I shall pack for him too.
Have a good day everyone.

aggie Tue 02-Jul-19 08:29:24

Good Morning all , the sun has just disappeared ! I had left the washing out last night and now it is raining ! I am not rescuing it , it will dry later