Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(37 Posts)
12Michael Sat 06-Jul-19 06:19:02

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another sunny start and its warm already here in Brackley.
My usual Saturday jaunt on the buses to Buckingham and Bicester . I will browse the Flea Market in Buckingham, and when I get home watch the remaining 2 hours or so of the first stage of the Tour De France which starts in Brussels.
Mick

GabriellaG54 Sat 06-Jul-19 20:47:22

Not at all. I actually prefer cool to cold weather.
I did Google Largs after reading your post a few days ago about a day out playing golf and the beach etc and it looks wonderful area.
My late ex FiL was Scottish and two sons were named after two small islands off the Western coast.
It's a beautiful country and you have much to be proud of.

Marydoll Sat 06-Jul-19 20:07:11

You are just trying to make me jealous! grin

GabriellaG54 Sat 06-Jul-19 19:45:17

23 degrees here in Godalming at 19.40 down from 25 at 5pm. Temperature was perfect at 10pm last night coming out of the pub in Lurgashall onto the village green.

Marydoll Sat 06-Jul-19 14:49:51

Thank you Gabriella, it's now 18°. It must be some sort of freak weather!!! grin

GabriellaG54 Sat 06-Jul-19 12:57:17

Marydoll
Wishing you sunshine and a relaxing weekend. ☀️?☀️?☀️? ?

Grammaretto Sat 06-Jul-19 10:01:28

Very good morning all from the Scottish Borders. We've had a lovely breakfast in the garden with the scents of honeysuckle and roses - but some of us were inhaling midges.
Planning a trip to the seaside and then a small party this evening if we're still awake after a very late night.
Hoping everyone's weekend plans turn out well.

Brunette10 Sat 06-Jul-19 09:42:32

Good Morning albeit a late one. Was up at 4.45 with a bout of sneezing about 25 times to be exact stopped counting. Don't know where that came from. Couldn't get back to sleep so had thoughts of going to the big sale which started today at 6 a.m. however would have wakened DH trying to get ready. Pottered about, went back to bed and have been up for an hour. Done all my housework so now off to garden fete with DD and DGS's. Phew! Hope everyone has a good Saturday.

harrigran Sat 06-Jul-19 09:16:44

Good morning from the NE, not sunny and not particularly warm, it is going to be 15 today at best.
GD's school concert was a little ambitious for a village school but they sang their little hearts out.
GD1 finished school for 8 weeks yesterday, she returned home in denim shorts and a little top, my eyebrows must have gone up a tad because she said it was dress down for charity.
Thinking of having lunch out again then we are to have coffee and cake with my sister and BIL who are back in the UK for three weeks.

Bellasnana Sat 06-Jul-19 09:15:40

Good morning everyone. It is extremely hot here in Malta. I try not to complain because I spent all winter being fed up with the cold, but it does slow me down somewhat.

Have just brushed half a bin bag full of hair from my dog, then run the vacuum round, now sitting having a coffee before tackling the ironing. The a/c will have to go on for that or I shall melt.

Sorry to hear you aren’t feeling too good Marydoll, hope you will feel better.flowers

I’m also looking forward to the tennis and will be rooting for Rafa as usual. ?

My daughter in California sent a video of everything in her living room swinging and shaking due to the earthquake. She said the newspapers have oversensationalised it, but it was quite scary at the time.

Hope you all have a good day.sunshine

TwiceAsNice Sat 06-Jul-19 09:09:27

Morning everyone. I’m back in South Wales for a little break with my lovely friend. It’s sunny and bright. Sat on her garden swing last night in the last of the sun with a glass of wine. Don’t know what we’re doing today will get the papers in a bit like to do the Telegraph crossword and quiz. Don’t mind what the plans are it’s so nice to spend time with her as since I moved to Surrey I only see her about 4-6 times a year instead of several times a week. Hope you all have a lovely day

gillybob Sat 06-Jul-19 09:07:08

A late good morning from the NE coast where it is a little cloudy but brightening .

I took my dad, DD and little Evie shopping straight from “that place” yesterday. Evie carried a red pepper all around the supermarket sitting in the trolley. I’m not sure what she thought it was but she kissed it and stroked it and had a bit of an “ab-dab” when she had to put it in the conveyor belt to go through the check out. I asked the assistant to put it through first and quickly gave her it back where her little face lit up. What a funny little girl she is .....needless to say the red pepper went home with them last night .

Not much planned for today except a bit of housework, changing the beds etc. I have a lot of childcare and overnights next week.

Have a good Saturday everyone x

EllanVannin Sat 06-Jul-19 09:02:02

Good morning All x
A dreary damp start to the day. Hope it's not like this for the rest of the day, though it's not cold.
A quiet day for me I think quite a comedown after the last few weeks of excitement with all the family so I'll make an orange cake later on which will fill a gap----in more ways than one.

Slept really deeply last night but perked up after my cuppa. No shopping needed today, there's enough here to feed an army. I always like to be prepared.

Enjoy your day everyone whatever you do and if travelling, take care and have a safe journey.

annsixty Sat 06-Jul-19 09:00:23

Good morning all from a very dull Stockport.
It has been raining but just damp at the moment.
I am invited out for a meal this evening and we hoped to eat in the garden, ah well ,the best laid plans.....
It turned much cooler last evening, a foretaste I think.
Have as good a day as you can everyone.

Urmstongran Sat 06-Jul-19 08:54:26

Thanks Marydoll at least the windscreen wipers won’t be going at double speed like yesterday! And the drive through Glencoe is pretty spectacular then on further south to Loch Lomond where we stop for half an hour to stretch our legs!

I don’t understand what you meant Resurgam??

Anniebach Sat 06-Jul-19 08:52:35

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Marydoll Sat 06-Jul-19 08:02:45

That's long drive, Urmostongran, safe journey!

Urmstongran Sat 06-Jul-19 08:01:32

Good morning everyone from Plockton. It’s dry this morning!

Anyway we are about to breakfast in the hotel and then head south to Manchester.

It’s been a lovely ‘working’ holiday.

I hope Saturday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Greyduster Sat 06-Jul-19 07:56:01

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is raining in South Yorkshire this morning, and will be until midday apparently. That puts our plans for a long walk on hold until later in the day. Never mind. We do need the rain. Corner I’m sorry to hear that you aren’t sleeping. You too, Kitty. Take it easy, both. Have a good day, all.

Resurgam123 Sat 06-Jul-19 07:54:12

It is very grey down here in Cheshire East and now raining.

Resurgam123 Sat 06-Jul-19 07:52:11

Good Morning all.
Does anyone else find their flipping posts taken over by other posts . I am really Pi** off by this.

Marydoll Sat 06-Jul-19 07:51:26

Good morning from a sunny Glasgow. I 've been outside to put out the washing and it's quite pleasant, 11°, however, nothing compared to your 16°, Gabriella!

I'm feeling a bit ropey today, as I was yesterday, so nothing planned. I will just potter about. No doubt my daughter will be up to pick up the address labels I have been making for her Save the date, wedding cards. The list is getting longer and longer! ??.

NanKate, it's good to see you back, I wondered if you were OK.

Have a pleasant day, everyone.

Pantglas1 Sat 06-Jul-19 07:42:00

Morning all from a grey north Wales coast and just when I needed it to be nice as I’m meeting friends for brunch later @nd a browse through local ‘honesty’ bookshop.

Then a garden fete at 1pm - haven’t been to one of them in years - I feel tea and cake will be appropriate by then and hopefully some sun! Enjoy your day everyone!

Whitewavemark2 Sat 06-Jul-19 07:41:32

Good morning

Everyone seems fine today which is nice to know.

Another lovely day here. I really do prefer the temperature we are currently getting compared to when it reaches late 20 to 30s as it gets too hot to do anything then.

Hairdressers this morning, gardening this afternoon.

12Michael Sat 06-Jul-19 07:38:49

Seeing Kitty Lester's post as to the sky its in last hour gone greyish over Brackley , so changes ??
Mick

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 06-Jul-19 07:31:45

Good morning from east London, bright and warm here. Was going to read when I got up but got lured into moving food out of the basement as, after two years build up, the lowering of its floor starts next week so it needs to be emptied. I will need to get dressed at some point as there’s a choir practise at 10 (Waltham forest garden party performance next week) then two gigs today at the Walthamstow village festival. Have a good day.