Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(52 Posts)
12Michael Sun 07-Jul-19 06:21:17

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey sky start here in Brackley but dry at the present moment.
Did my usual yesterday , but was home when the showers started.
Today, small shop, and stage 2 of tour de France on Eurosport,, from 1 onwards , I tend to watch the ITV 4 highlights in the evening to compare.
but keenness I also have the race webpage as well , where I look at the classifications in more detail and try to make my own comparisons over the race as well as listening to the TV punters .
Mick

Urmstongran Sun 07-Jul-19 09:14:04

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s cool with white cloud cover. I can make out the ridge of the Pennines though so that’s a good sign.

It’s nice to be home. Our apartment is small but I love it. Hotel living is very nice but it was lovely to have a lie in this morning - set breakfast times mean early showering and dressing - I’m still in my pj’s with a cuppa!

The drive down from Wester Ross took 9 hours yesterday. Taking dad to M&S 10 minutes away at lunchtime and then all popping over to see the smalls will be like the blink of an eye!

Hello to you sweetcheek where do you live?

Hope Sunday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

gillybob Sun 07-Jul-19 09:29:45

A late Good morning from the NE coast where it is cool and quite overcast.

No plans for today except some housework and maybe a walk later. Lots of babysitting, school runs and overnights next week and of course not forgetting “that place” so taking the chance to relax today.

Welcome to Gransnet and The Good Morning thread Sweetcheek .

Have a good Sunday everyone x

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 07-Jul-19 09:58:01

Morning all from South Notts.
It's fairly bright with a pale blue sky, very welcome after yesterdays rain - which was welcome too as it gave us a rest from watering.
Will go for a drive soon and do the weekly shop.
Perhaps I'll mow the lawn if it has dried out.
Hope all is well with everyone.

NanKate Sun 07-Jul-19 10:17:03

Ginny42 yes these Grandchildren are so clever at getting what they want. Last week our 8 year old sat himself on the sofa after breakfast and started to read a chapter of his book with no pushing and shoving for me. When he put it down he turned to me and was about to ask if he could watch a cartoon on my IPad before school. Before he could ask I did ‘Yes’ He was surprised that I already knew what he wanted. He can’t fool me ?

Johno Sun 07-Jul-19 10:26:58

Good morning everyone... started the day with this...Hi Johno

We're writing to let you know that we have deleted your post on the thread 'Good Morning Sunday' which starts 'Good morning Sunday from DPRK' as it is not in keeping with the spirit of the thread and makes some personal comments about other Gransnet users.
Although we encourage discussion please be aware of the nature of the thread you are posting on.

Best wishes
GNHQ

I then read other threads to do with Tommy Robinson wherein I was called an uncivilised person and much more. I do hope Gransnet have not deleted their posts afterall we dont want to be controlled like in DPRK. I think I will rest and read Orwells 1984 just to keep ahead of things. Have a nice day now. Just thought I would tell you what my Sunday is like - as per the spirit of this post.

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 07-Jul-19 10:30:31

Good morning from east London, cloudy but looking brighter. More clearing of the basement yesterday, sometimes hard not to be diverted by a) what were we doing holding onto this & b) oh my goodness, all my old LPs, including a Flying Pickets one I won in a City Limits competition in 1985. My treat this afternoon, and given another post running at the moment, I wary of using the word, but it’s our annual Strawberry and Pimms tournament at the t****s club, it being the mid Sunday of
W—-n. It should be fun. Have a good day everyone.

Hymnbook Sun 07-Jul-19 11:05:14

Morning everyone. It was sunny now it's dull here in Huthwaite Nottinghamshire. I am getting packed to go away tomorrow morning Monday on holiday to Margate.

GabriellaG54 Sun 07-Jul-19 11:11:45

Hello to all GNers from warm damp Godalming. 18 degrees and muggy.
Last night was boiling even with fans on and windows open so I went for a walk along the tow path at 3am and met a friend sleeping on the deck of her narrow boat. We had coffee and home made shortbread then I went home. Today...a bit of welcome rain and all smells fresh and green.
Wed evening pro cycle races in Guildford so I'll be there with friends trying to win the prize for best action shot.
Lunch today with OH somewhere in Arundel to Fittleworth area then a drive to Saltwood Castle and maybe on to Hythe if time allows.
I hope everyone has a good or better day and flowers for anyone not feeling 100%. smile

inishowen Sun 07-Jul-19 11:12:00

Mick, you are obviously very keen on cycling. I would love to know if you were a competitive cyclist in your youth. Maybe you could tell us a bit more about it in your opening tomorrow.

Rufus2 Sun 07-Jul-19 11:21:13

www.ling.upenn.edu/~beatrice/humor/timbuktu.html

If Johno's in Korea I'm in Timbuktu
Careful! grin

Btw; It's my birthday again tomorrow! wink

GabriellaG54 Sun 07-Jul-19 11:31:46

Rufus2

That 'joke' was appropriated by Jimmy Tarbuck decades ago.

Legs55 Sun 07-Jul-19 11:36:28

Good morning all, welcome Sweetcheek. I've been up since 5.30, busy morning washing & cleaning before I go to DD's at Lunchtime.

Hope to do some gardening this afternoon. Sun is finally breaking through here in Devon, should be a nice drive to Torquay

Have a lovely Sunday whatever you're doing

Gonegirl Sun 07-Jul-19 11:54:06

Good morning (just). I am waiting to be picked up by DD to go to a Craft and Produce Show, where my lunch will apparently be "Fusion Food".

No. No idea.

Mapleleaf Sun 07-Jul-19 11:59:08

Good morning all (just).
I’m late posting today but have been up and about ages - been to the supermarket, made some bread, loaded washing machine and just put it out to dry. Phew, I’m exhausted - think it’s time for a rest!?
It’s another lovely day here in South Yorkshire. The sky is looking a bit ominous in parts, but the sun is out too, so I’m hoping it stays fine.
Welcome, Sweetcheek.
Enjoy the rest ofSunday, everyone. ?

Gonegirl Sun 07-Jul-19 11:59:52

Johno I am so sorry if you are feeling upset because your post was deleted. I know how hurtful that can be. I didn't see your post, but you have to bear in mind that this is always a happy, friendly, kind of thread. Have a nice rest of the day.

GabriellaG54 Sun 07-Jul-19 12:15:37

I'm amazed at the number of people who do shopping and washing on a Sunday.
Isn't it enough to do it during the week and have Sunday as a whole day of relaxation?

sazz1 Sun 07-Jul-19 12:46:39

Hi from South Devon. It's still warm and sunny here now. Have to go home tomorrow so today is cleaning and packing day boring but must be done. Should only take an hour as we're in the caravan. Have a nice day all xx

Rufus2 Sun 07-Jul-19 14:15:37

That 'joke' was appropriated by Jimmy Tarbuck decades ago

So What! The old ones are still the best, just like people really! grin
Btw. My birthday kicks off here in less than an hour, so no party-poopers please. wink

Sweetcheek Sun 07-Jul-19 14:27:33

Thank you all for the lovely welcome on my new membership

MawBroonsback Sun 07-Jul-19 14:37:20

Where are you sweetcheek and what is the weather like where you are?
What plans do you have for today?

Johno Sun 07-Jul-19 15:53:10

In no way am I upset. I simply point out the double standards. I am a free speech absolutist. I never get upset. Being assertive is not being upset. But if you were being sarcastic then it begs the question ........

Gonegirl Sun 07-Jul-19 17:14:42

I wasn't being sarcastic.

Why doesn't it surprise me that you "never get upset"?

gillybob Sun 07-Jul-19 17:34:07

Well my DH really appreciated your joke/poem Rufus ( he’s had 2 beers mind you ) grin

Mapleleaf Sun 07-Jul-19 20:49:43

Sometimes, Gabriella, it suits me to wash and shop on a Sunday, so there!?

Pantglas1 Sun 07-Jul-19 21:33:24

Unless you’re Christian, Gabriella, why would a Sunday be your day to relax when you’re retired?