Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(71 Posts)
12Michael Mon 08-Jul-19 06:23:19

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a clear blue sky at present in Brackley this morning.
Quiet day of small shop/housework maybe laundry .
Then watch tour de France, someone asked yesterday had been a completive cyclist the answer is yes.
I road mainly time trials , and caught the bug in 63 just prior to leaving school , we had a 2 lap of the 440 yard grass track , I finished 3rd.
When starting work , I looked into joining a club , which I did road but maybe with the right coaching have progressed , Have raced in spells , in RAF I raced in West Germany, Limburg area of Holland and in Switzerland.
came out of RAF but joined a local club, raced until 94 , the age factor although in 40`s slowing down.
Mick

Rufus2 Tue 09-Jul-19 10:28:13

P.S. Please be on your good behaviour :-)
Nan; What else!? grin I was on my own, apart from a regular visiting nurse (not allowed to drink whilst on duty!sad) and two kind lady neighbours who brought a lovely roast lamb dinner, two custard pies and a box of choccies! Lovely! Aussie ladies are so caring.
The day was subdued by news that my young sister had died in Bideford on 1 July, just 4 days before her 86th. birthday
But I'm surprised you've carried a grudge all this time about something I allegedly said (inappropriately). Even though I'm now 92, wink my memory is still very sharp, but all I can recall is your invitation to show me around Sandbanks, Poole Harbour where our family had celebrated many anniversaries at local hotels.
I must have inadvertently put my big foot in something as usual. shock
You must join our Mutual Forgiveness Society of which I'm Chairman! grin
Thanks again!
OoRoo

Urmstongran Mon 08-Jul-19 19:44:30

Gonegirl ??

Gonegirl Mon 08-Jul-19 19:31:04

Or I might just stick them on next week's Ocado.

Gonegirl Mon 08-Jul-19 19:29:30

Or maybe Wednesday. Or t might be Thursday. Depending on how energetic I'm feeling.

Gonegirl Mon 08-Jul-19 19:28:33

Right! I will go to Waitrose tomorrow and buy some of the frozen cod fillets, and put a picture up.

See you on Good morning Tuesday. gringringrin

GabriellaG54 Mon 08-Jul-19 19:23:08

???

Urmstongran Mon 08-Jul-19 19:14:20

Loving this longer thread ha!
It’ll soon be Tuesday GM at this rate ....
?

GabriellaG54 Mon 08-Jul-19 18:13:16

That was to Gonegirl.
tgey they blush

GabriellaG54 Mon 08-Jul-19 18:12:04

I too have bought them and tgey have always been in a plastic bag. Mind you...I last bought the fingers maybe Feb or March but the cod fillets every week.

GabriellaG54 Mon 08-Jul-19 18:08:48

Forgot pics

Gonegirl Mon 08-Jul-19 18:08:13

Didn't mean you gillybob. I meant Gabriella with her golden breadcrumbs.

GabriellaG54 Mon 08-Jul-19 18:07:46

BTW. I have a working Rotary watch and matching bracelet (bought on eBay years ago - 3 diamante missing from bracelet) but forgot all about them until Urmstongran's post. If anyone would like to give them a home I'd be happy that someone would wear them as I don't wear watches and my wrists are too big from rowing. Free offer.

Gonegirl Mon 08-Jul-19 18:07:15

Buy one of these.

gillybob Mon 08-Jul-19 18:06:11

There really is nothing worse than being desperate for your morning cuppa only to find that every tea bag in the box is bust though Gonegirl wink anyway I only got back what I had paid for . No freebies .

Gonegirl Mon 08-Jul-19 18:03:49

Waitrose chunky fish fingers do NOT come in a plastic inner bag. I buy them and I know.

I don't know why you got that £10 MyWaitrose voucher Gabriella, but if you complained about the lack of a plastic bag, shame on you. There are worse things happening to this planet than you getting a few golden breadcrumbs on your kitchen floor. hmm

GabriellaG54 Mon 08-Jul-19 17:47:05

Wow! Urmstongran what a result. Kudos. grin

gillybob Mon 08-Jul-19 17:45:52

Good for you though Urmstongran. All I got “free” was a long winded email of explanation as to how the glue must’ve failed. grin

Urmstongran Mon 08-Jul-19 17:43:16

I thought that gillybob but didn’t like to say it!!
Perhaps I was just canny by going straight to the top man?

gillybob Mon 08-Jul-19 17:39:57

Trust me to just get back exactly what I had paid for . Not even one free tea bag ! grin

Urmstongran Mon 08-Jul-19 17:31:46

Ha! Which reminds me of the top customer service I got from ‘Rotary’ watches about 6 years ago.

I lost a favourite watch. My husband had bought it for me on our silver wedding anniversary. I felt bad and didn’t want to tell him. I thought I’d quietly replace it myself.

Turned out the newer design (which I didn’t like as much) was noticeably different. Aargh!
?

I emailed the CEO of Rotary explaining my predicament and asked whether they had any of the ‘old design’ available and if so, would I be able to purchase one?

His secretary emailed me back the very next day asking for an address to post out a replacement watch with the company’s compliments!

I didn’t give my home address.
?

Not telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth probably accounts for the fact that we are still together after 45y!
?

GabriellaG54 Mon 08-Jul-19 17:24:34

...and if you think that's overkill, Sainsbury's sent me a gift card last year after I returned a pair of pillowcases, washed but not ironed. I said they were not ideal material.
The letter stated that the gift card had £50 on it. Two days later I got another letter, this from the store in Liphook where I bought them with a £7 gift card inside.
Unbelievable.

Urmstongran Mon 08-Jul-19 17:23:13

Perhaps you are one of Waitrose’s best customers Gabriella! Or that the company just like to go above & beyond for customer satisfaction.
?

gillybob Mon 08-Jul-19 17:17:27

Very generous of Waitrose . I emailed Yorkshire Tea to tell them that the entire box of 180 teabags were bust ( the bags were not sealed and the tea was loose) . They apologised profusely asked for the batch numbers etc. And sent me a box of 180 teabags as a direct replacement . Fair enough but not exactly falling over themselves in the generosity department .

GabriellaG54 Mon 08-Jul-19 17:10:22

Gonegirl & Urmstongran
Yes, you'd think it would stop at an explanation but the person I spoke to was sure that it was a factory error, however, despite telling her politely that I did not want compensation, I received a plastic voucher in this morning's post (see pic).
I have also been informed that my local store will provide me with bags and stickers from the fresh fish counter so I can freeze the portion(s) I'm not going to eat. They will also give me another box of fish even after me telling them that a voucher arrived today.
Overkill...

GabriellaG54 Mon 08-Jul-19 16:18:31

Barmyoldbat
I buy it every week and it's always in a plastic inner as are their chunky fish fingers.
I was not pleased to tip out the contents onto the work surface only to have orange breadcrumbs cascade onto the floor.
Incidentally, I did tell them that the cardboard outer is far too big for two pieces of fish, and I was only going to use one piece so I had to use a Waitrose sandwich bag for the spare piece. Paper in freezers doesn't work.hmm