Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(43 Posts)
12Michael Wed 10-Jul-19 06:19:36

Good Morning Everyone,
A little bit of cloud, but its dry and sunny here in Brackley.
Apart from watching the Tour De France, things are starting to buzz locally with the British F1 GP at Silverstone ,and with Mercedes based just down the road from where I live activity has started.
In addition , yesterday returning home on the bus from Buckingham, which picks up kids from the towns grammar school to girls who sat behind me were talking, as one of them is diabetic that's 12-15 year olds . Anyway the one who had diabetes was explaining to her friend how she hoping to get her parents to give her a different diet , plus maybe also convince them as well as to eating habits.
Mick

GabriellaG54 Wed 10-Jul-19 20:57:39

Balloons? hmm
More plastic/rubber to be 'responsibly' disposed of...not a good idea.

Harris27 Wed 10-Jul-19 17:26:53

No gillybob no footballs just lots of balloons decending from the ceiling at the end. He was amazing a lively tick off my bucket list! Heading for 60 in Jan and needed to address this one. He's amazing for his age mind that's what sun and money does for you ha ha!! We have to work till 66 for our pensions not sing for them but I won't hold that against him!!!!

GabriellaG54 Wed 10-Jul-19 16:50:13

Urmstongran
The 'training' is going well but waiting for the 'results' wink is a pain. Could be Friday. IYKWIM

Auntieflo Wed 10-Jul-19 12:31:30

Apologies to Harrigran, I got you muddled up with Greyduster.
I’ve just come back from having my hair cut, sat down with a coffee and to catch up on here, when I discovered my mistake.
So, Greyduster, keep doing what the Dr says, and here’s hoping your torn muscle will soon be mending.
Harrigran, hope the parking isn’t too much of a nightmare.

nonnasusie Wed 10-Jul-19 11:02:31

Belated buongiorno from a dull and muggy Italy. We had a storm yesterday but it didn't clear the air and I can hear thunder rumbling in the distance now so I think we are in for another one! I am making plum jam with the fruit H picked yesterday. I always seem to be making jam at the hottest time of the year?! We'll probably have a power cut later because of the storm so no Wimbledon?. Hope you all have a great day.

Pantglas1 Wed 10-Jul-19 10:48:31

Correct Urmstongran and I too wish RA and EJ did air miles or a discount for frequent fliers although we shouldn’t complain as the flights are so cheap when booked months in advance.

Urmstongran Wed 10-Jul-19 10:39:47

No air miles for us Gabriella with Mr. O’Leary haha! I wish.

Pantglas1 is over at her second home in Spain Gabriella. ... do keep up haha!
?

BTW well done you on your training you have been very focused about your running schedule. I admire your determination (and stamina!).
??

gillybob Wed 10-Jul-19 09:48:39

I knew he would be amazing Harris27 and I am so glad you enjoyed it. Did he do his usual kicking footballs into the audience at the end? I bet his voice was as good as ever. smile

Car now delivered to the garage with strict instructions I must have it back by 3 at the latest. Fingers crossed it passes I could do without any additional expense.

Mapleleaf Wed 10-Jul-19 09:17:24

Good morning everyone,
It’s rather dull here with the occasional splash of rain.
Sorry to hear you’ve torn your calf muscle, greyduster - it’s very painful.
Got into the garden again yesterday and did battle with the Ivy once more! I know it’s important for wild life, but it runs rampant at this time of year. No gardening today though as other jobs beckon.
Hope you all have a good day. ?

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 10-Jul-19 09:15:30

Morning all from an overcast South Notts.
Off to the hairdresser later to get the thatch sorted. I expect she will grab a piece and look at me quizzically as I had to take the scissors to it - it was getting out of control. I'm sure it grows faster in the summer. I really should know better at my age.
Hope your health gets better, greyduster and all those who are suffering.
Hope all is well with everyone.

Auntieflo Wed 10-Jul-19 09:00:36

Annie, you snuck in there while I was previewing ?

Auntieflo Wed 10-Jul-19 08:59:53

Morning Michael, Annie, to come, and all others.
It’s GS 5th birthday today, and also GGS 2nd. Oh, how lovely are they both.
For us it is Dr, dentist and haircut day, all exciting stuff.
It is sort if grey and overcast here, but I can see a bit of blue sky peeking through the big fluffy white clouds from where I am sitting at the kitchen table.
Gillybob, you have a busy day ahead, again, how do you do it, and still sound so cheerful?
I had the urge to make a cake, or traybake, but the more I think about it, the less urgent it becomes.
Harrigran, sorry to hear about your torn muscle, get better soon.
Wow, sun now trying very hard to appear.
Have a good day one and all, and flowers for anyone feeling poorly.

Anniebach Wed 10-Jul-19 08:54:22

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

MiniMoon Wed 10-Jul-19 08:52:41

Good morning everyone.
SW Northumberland is dry but cloudy, and somewhat warmer than yesterday. The forecast is for showers but better temperature. Today is my Knit & Natter day, it's good to catch up with the other ladies in the group. Early night, for tomorrow we are going to the great Yorkshire show and have a very early start.
Hope everyone 's day goes well.

GabriellaG54 Wed 10-Jul-19 08:48:01

du au

GabriellaG54 Wed 10-Jul-19 08:45:32

Good morning everyone from an overcast 18° Godalming. Temp expected to rise to 24° mid afternoon.
Running at 6.15 when the air was fresh and cool was a treat, as was the coffee and pain du chocolat which I later shared with the ducks.
Coffee and cake later with friends and plans to visit one of my daughters in Wales this weekend - a more than 4 hr drive or more than 6.5 hrs on 4 trains. ?? ridiculous!
I hope everyone manages to have a good or better day and some sunshine, although I fear that is asking too much. flowerscupcakebrew for GNs who are not feeling too good. Be kind to yourselves.
PS. gillybob I really don't know how you do it all and Pantglas1 Euro and cents? In N Wales?
Urmstongran Does the airline recognise you? Free air miles? I bet you are just counting the days. ☀️☀️☀️☀️??grin

Greyduster Wed 10-Jul-19 08:42:21

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. I have not looked outside yet, but suspect it might be damp! I ended up at Minor Injuries yesterday having walked down to the supermarket and then felt something snap in the back of my leg. Agony. DH had to go home and fetch the car. It is apparently a torn muscle and I have been advised to do stretches and walk on it as much as possible confused! It has to be this week, when I have a lot to do. Onward and upward. Have a happy day all!

Grannycool52 Wed 10-Jul-19 08:32:36

Good morning everyone. It's warm & sunny here in Dublin and I am looking forward to getting out for a good walk.

cornergran Wed 10-Jul-19 08:29:22

Morning Mick, morning All. Cloudy but bright in our corner of Somerset, feels cooler. Slow start today, should move as there is a need to scrape some dust off and then shop for food as friends here tomorrow. Apparently they need to eat, how unreasonable is that? Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

vena11 Wed 10-Jul-19 08:26:18

Good morning all , another lovely morning here in Bristol. GS sports day today so need to put the sun cream on. Enjoy everyone where ever you are.

aggie Wed 10-Jul-19 08:25:59

Good Morning all , dull and warm here this morning , I was up at 6.45 to give DD a "sample" to pop through the surgery letter box , just finished 7 day antibiotic , but no joy sad . Everything here will be closed from thurs evening till tuesday so no hope of an appointment

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 10-Jul-19 08:18:48

Good morning from east from east London, cloudy and bright at the moment. Knees very creaky at the moment which I was blaming on tennis but obviously my numerous trips up and down the basement stairs have also had an effect. Still, basement is clear but dining room looks like a junk shop. Builders start today so it’s all downhill/uphill from now. Playing tennis this morning (I know, but they need a fourth player), school pick up later and GD’s gymnastics and hopefully she’ll be happy with a quiet evening after. Have a good day.

Lins1066 Wed 10-Jul-19 08:16:27

Good Morning Mick and everyone. The sun is trying to come out here on S Welsh coast. Could see over to North Devon yesterday and the sea was calm.
Having a cup of tea and doing my foot exercises.

DS and DiL flying back from Calgary and will land at Heathrow about lunchtime. I like to track them.

Good luck with your very busy day Gilly and to your GD2, Well Done.
Have a pleasant day.

Pittcity Wed 10-Jul-19 08:10:31

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester with rain forecast.
Usual Wednesday coffee meetup in town this morning.

Urmstongran Wed 10-Jul-19 08:06:07

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s not too bad. Some blue sky anyway after the torrential rain late last night. I can’t believe it’s mid July!

Our flights are booked to go back to Malaga - 2 weeks this Saturday. We will be guaranteed hot sunny weather till we return mid September - maybe too hot! To be honest we only choose to go for August because the family get a holiday let nearby for 3 weeks (our youngest daughter is a teacher).

Hope you get your GP appointment kitty what a faff - we are going backwards, it reminds me of how it was in the 1970’s when I worked for a GP practice.

I can’t imagine what it must cost Mick to set F1 up all around the world - cars, computers, technicians, drivers etc. My husband loves to watch it too.

You are such a busy lady gilly I hope your car passes its MOT and is ready by 3pm for you!

Hope Wednesday is good to us all whether we have plans or (like me) none. x