Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(60 Posts)
12Michael Thu 11-Jul-19 06:15:49

Good Morning Everyone,
Its cloudy but dry at the moment here in Brackley after what appears to have been some overnight rain.
Usual day to Bicester and Buckingham on the buses , then see the final part of todays stage of the Tour on TV when I get back.
Mick

Nannytopsy Thu 11-Jul-19 08:02:39

Good morning all! Sad news Marydoll and strange too. I still have a mountain of ironing to do and yet more washing. As there are just two of us, I’m not sure where it all comes from!
GN meet up this afternoon.
Have a good day everyone

oldgaijin Thu 11-Jul-19 08:05:07

Good morning from grey Aberdeenshire...it's thick haar and thunder and lightening is forecast later wit heavy rain. There are flash floods further North and flood warnings for many areas....just a typical Summer day, then?
The good news is that I am half way through chemo, but feel desperately lacking in energy, so a blood transfusion may be on the cards...the last time I had one, I was dancing in the streets the following day.
The mutt has missed out on his romps in the woods, but we shall make an effort this morning as he misses all his mates. He has a new squeaky toy for being such a good boy but it is driving me nuts!
Am tracking the family on their holidays...they're in NZ, a shortish hop from Singapore, and am looking forward to seeing lots of pics of that beautiful country. I should have been there last year but had to get chemo instead, bummers.
Have a dry day everyone.

Lins1066 Thu 11-Jul-19 08:11:18

Good morning from a bright Guildford. DD and I are going to Centre Court for the Ladies Semi Finals later.

I'm sorry about your BiL Marydoll, hugs to you and oldgaijjin
Have a pleasant day everyone.

harrigran Thu 11-Jul-19 08:36:03

Good morning from a grey, damp NE.
A little leisurely retail therapy today at the Metro centre, in case of rain.
Sad news Marydoll, sending my condolences.

Greyduster Thu 11-Jul-19 08:52:44

My condolences to you, Marydoll?.

Urmstongran Thu 11-Jul-19 08:55:33

A later good morning everyone from me in South Manchester. I woke around 3am and couldn’t get back off. Until I did then slept in till 8:30am. Oh well, one of the joys of retirement, sleeping till you’ve had enough!

Very sorry to hear of the death of your brother in law Marydoll sounds like he was a lovely man.

Hair cut for me this afternoon but nothing else on the calendar. Hope Thursday is kind to us all whether we have plans or (like me) none. x

Anniebach Thu 11-Jul-19 09:04:36

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

I am so sorry to learn of you brother in law Marydoll.

Your granddaughter was blessed

Hope everyone has a good day

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 11-Jul-19 09:10:10

Good morning from East London, bright and cloudy, hope mugginess has lifted a bit. Hospital appointment this morning, going to have to run there if I don’t get a move on. Builder arriving late morning, loads of stuff still to sort through, tennis match this evening, the last of our internal league, then off to choir probably out of breath and sweaty. Hope your day is good for you.

GabriellaG54 Thu 11-Jul-19 09:12:26

Hi everyone ?
Sunny with a pale blue sky and puffy white clouds here in Godalming. 18° rising to 24° this avo. It seems fresher, not muggy.
I had 2 figs and 3 small portions of cheese while feeding a bread roll to the ducks after my run and enjoyed watching the boating activity along the River Wey.
Later, I plan to visit Guildford Lido armed with a small picnic, a book and an inflatable pillow (I usually like to have 40 winks under a tree ?)
We really are spoilt here as Guildford's Spectrum Leisure Centre also has Olympic size skating rink and swimming pool, separate diving and teaching pools, plus wave machine and slides, a 32 lane bowling alley, huge gym and much more, right in the centre of town.
I hope that you all have a great day plus some sunshine and for GNers who are not well or unable to get out...here's a treat ?????
See you all again tomorrow...??

NanKate Thu 11-Jul-19 09:14:14

Morning Mick and All.

Cloudy warm day in West Sussex.

So sorry to hear your news Marydoll ?

On day 2 of looking after the two boys. Youngest announced last night he had to go to school the next day as Usain Bolt ? sorted out his PE shorts and a dinosaur top which he said was fine. Eldest a bit moody but fine by the time he left for
school.

Lying on bed recovering before their cleaner arrives then will sneak out for coffee.

It should be some match tomorrow Bella I am rooting for Rafa but Federer is brilliant too.

GabriellaG54 Thu 11-Jul-19 09:17:19

Oh! I'm so sorry to read of your sad news Marydoll. You're certainly having a difficult time. ???

GabriellaG54 Thu 11-Jul-19 09:19:49

Guildford Spectrum.

Urmstongran Thu 11-Jul-19 09:27:25

That’s some posh leisure centre Gabriella! Your day sounds wonderful (especially the snooze in the warmth, under a tree).

Grammaretto Thu 11-Jul-19 09:35:13

I'm sorry to hear you are sad today Marydoll
A nurse told me at the hospital where DM had just died while we siblings had been chatting in another room, that so often the family who've probably been at the bedside for days, are not there at the moment of death. It's as though they (the dying) at last have permission to leave. I took that as a good sign.
Ofcourse the star your DGD saw was a reminder. He is still with you, just not in a physical form.

EllanVannin Thu 11-Jul-19 09:55:53

Good morning All x
A sun between the clouds day so far. It's brighter than it's been this last day or two though. Pretty disappointing weather up to now. It was nicer in February !

I felt pretty weird last night, went very cold then fell asleep in the chair, woke up at 10.30 then took myself off to bed. I don't know what time I went out for the count, it was just a blur. It's never happened before but it wasn't nice. Neurological I suspect because I've been okay in myself. As long as it doesn't happen again !
Anyway all's well so far.

I've been doing some pottering and dead-heading the geraniums which look sad after the rain although they've been lovely so far.I might stick with those for colour and the strength of the plants here especially.

Condolences to the poster tinged with sadness and Marydoll's constant battle with her illness which I hope is soon stabilised.

All have a good day and I hope the weather is kinder to you.

Urmstongran Thu 11-Jul-19 09:58:54

Those are comforting words Grammaretto
❤️

Grannycool52 Thu 11-Jul-19 09:59:34

Greetings everyone ?. It's sunny here, with some cloud. I am going to walk down to the community centre for my active- retired pilates, then coffee with the ladies & walk back, as I've been so lazy in the last few days. Daughter & grandson coming for lunch & afternoon, which always gets me excited!

Mapleleaf Thu 11-Jul-19 10:13:03

Good morning all,
Condolences to you, Marydoll. I hope you can draw some comfort from your DGD and the star. ?
As greyduster says, it's very muggy here and quite cloudy, though there are occasional bursts of sunshine.
I've got to wait around for the BT engineer this pm, for some reason we seem to have been connected to someone else's line, whereas our number just rings out into the ether! They've been playing around with the boxes near us this last 10 days, so I suspect that has something to do with it.
My goodness, that's a smart looking leisure centre, GabriellaG54! Ours is decidedly tatty in comparison.
Right, I'm off now to seek out some paperwork that seems to have disappeared into the ether along with our telephone line! ?

Urmstongran Thu 11-Jul-19 10:39:04

Where is ‘here’ Grannycool52?
It’s always nice to know - gives us all a snapshot of the weather where we all post from.
?

gillybob Thu 11-Jul-19 10:49:09

So sorry to hear about the loss of your dear BIL Marydoll.
My late mum was a dialysis patient for many years and suffered a great deal in the later months of her life. I don't think many people realise how awful dialysis is.

When I dropped my DGD at the gates of her new school this morning NannyJan53 (the letter said that they were to make their own way into school) I felt so sorry for her as there were huddles of children from local primaries who obviously knew each other and she just looked a bit lost. I'm sure she will be fine as she's a bubbly child who makes friends very easily. You are right though, it is such a worry.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 11-Jul-19 10:50:24

Morning all from a sunny South Notts.
Condolences, Marydoll, it's so raw at the moment and although time doesn't really heal it will knock the sharp edges off. flowers
Hope all is as well as can be expected with everyone.

Urmstongran Thu 11-Jul-19 10:54:47

She’ll be fine gillybob try not to worry. The same happened with our youngest daughter when she was 11y (oh god 28y ago now in the blink of an eye). She didn’t pass for the grammar school (like her sister, school friends and all the rest of her netball team). I was so anxious for her when I dropped her off for the September term. Within the first week she made a lovely friend - they still are friends today - were each other’s bridesmaids and now godparents to their children.
Hope similar happens for your girl.
?

EllanVannin Thu 11-Jul-19 10:56:16

So that's where all the money's going GabriellaG54.

Wirral hasn't even got enough homes to house all the homeless that we have here. Private lettings/properties are being sold, thus leaving people literally on the streets. We have to have the country's worst council. It's pretty grim to say the least with the weather joining in.

gillybob Thu 11-Jul-19 11:02:53

We have to have the country's worst council

I think my Tyneside council could put up a good fight for that (non) prize EllanVannin .

Thank you Urmstongran I know she'll be okay really its just with her not knowing anyone and her parents not being around this week..... I will be late picking her up too which can't be helped at DGS's primary is in another town and it takes me at least half an hour to get over there. Poor lamb will be sitting on the wall when I eventually get there.

aggie Thu 11-Jul-19 11:20:30

Good Morning all , sun is showing intermittently and it is very warm . I should be out deadheading , but got stuck into my crochet instead !