Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(60 Posts)
12Michael Thu 11-Jul-19 06:15:49

Good Morning Everyone,
Its cloudy but dry at the moment here in Brackley after what appears to have been some overnight rain.
Usual day to Bicester and Buckingham on the buses , then see the final part of todays stage of the Tour on TV when I get back.
Mick

aggie Thu 11-Jul-19 11:21:24

marydoll so sorry to read about your dear BIL xxx

GabriellaG54 Thu 11-Jul-19 11:24:09

Yes...£28m was the initial cost for the building and there have been updates and add-ons...cafe, It's supposedly a rich area hmmblush and does have a huge number of young people in the population who help to keep it vibrant and relevant.
There's an athletics track, squash courts, football pitches, a large action room with mirrored walls and integrated sound system and much more, plus, it was the first leisure centre to be built in the UK and is ranked No1.
It's owned by Guildford Borough Council and run in partnership with Freedom Leisure, a not for profit company who plough all monies back into the facilities it operates.

Johno Thu 11-Jul-19 11:48:53

MaryDoll, you certainly come across as a very strong, decent person with a broad understanding of people and situations. I am sorry to hear of your loss. No doubt your grandchildren have sound traits of yours and your husband's character - I can imagine so. That surely is one great legacy.

Auntieflo Thu 11-Jul-19 12:11:40

Late again, so good afternoon, Michael, Annie and all.
Like the other day, I had written a post, then my finger caught the screen, and whoosh, it was gone in the blink of an eye.
I have just come back from the Dr’s, and been told that I shall need an operation. That on top of the not so good news re DH yesterday, has just about finished me off for today.
Marydoll, so sorry to hear the news about your dear BIL, but lovely about the fairy dust/lights. I can’t go back to check, as I will lose it all again.
Oldgaijin, hope you are soon feeling better, with a bit more energy.
To all those with problems, sadness, or just need a {{{hug}}},
sending gentle thoughts to one and all.

GabriellaG54 Thu 11-Jul-19 12:50:12

Auntieflo
Another one managing disappointing news re their and their family's health. I hope the news gets better and all goes well for both of you. ??

Auntieflo Thu 11-Jul-19 14:15:42

Thank you

Urmstongran Thu 11-Jul-19 15:10:44

Oh Auntieflo you are really going through a tough time and I really do feel for you right now.
?

Grannycool52 Thu 11-Jul-19 16:10:34

Urmstongran, sorry, here is south Dublin! It's roasting this afternoon. Where are you?

Marydoll Thu 11-Jul-19 16:29:22

Thank you all for your comforting words.