Gransnet forums

Chat

Gosh Kate/Catherine is very slim

(82 Posts)
Lessismore Sat 13-Jul-19 20:24:24

In the pictures from Wimbledon she looks very slim. Compare her to others standing close by.

Lessismore Thu 18-Jul-19 10:28:52

I fear the undercarriage on the sofa may need to be replaced and it'll take more than a set of loose covers to sort it out.

Smiley4 Thu 18-Jul-19 11:17:52

I’ve worked for weightwatchers and I’ve worked with a nutritionist.
And I dont care what anyone says, some people who are overweight do not eat rubbish all day or even overeat. Their body just does not metabolise food in the same way as naturally slim people. Likewise some can eat rubbish and overeat yet they stay slim.
Research being done, focussing on gut bacteria confirms this.
So Kate and her sister aren’t anorexic, they probably eat very well. It’s just how they are made.

Larsonsmum Thu 18-Jul-19 11:26:21

She's perfect - there are so many overweight and obese people around nowadays that we are getting used to seeing these massive, chunky folk, and consequently think anyone slim is odd.

My late Mum had a 23 inch waist until late in life. I had a 25 inch waist, (now 27 inches), and we were/are not skinny!

I eat very small portions and am often gobsmacked at people's plates piled high when we are out to eat.

Look how slim/neat Carol Middleton is - Kate is perfect as she is.

SirChenjin Thu 18-Jul-19 13:13:51

And I dont care what anyone says, some people who are overweight do not eat rubbish all day or even overeat

But most people who are overweight do overeat in relation to the calories they burn - even if they think they don't. Why is it that the number of 'some' people who are overweight are now far greater than in years gone by? You also don't see the same number of 'some' people in other countries.

janeainsworth Thu 18-Jul-19 16:21:37

SirChenjin I was listening to Dame Sally Davies this morning on Woman’s Hour, being grilled by Jenni Murray about how much she had achieved in her 9 years as Chief Medical Officer.
She admitted only very limited success with regard to the campaign against obesity.
She said that genetics played a part, and the amount of exercise someone did had limited effect on their weight.
She seemed to be blaming the food industry - she kept referring to ‘the environment’ - both for the ingredients that go into processed food and techniques the food industry apparently uses to make us eat more of their stuff.
It’s easy of course to say cook from scratch but the sad truth is that cooking from scratch is a luxury that perhaps only retired people can afford.

SirChenjin Thu 18-Jul-19 17:33:24

Jane - yes, exercise only has a limited impact on your weight. Reducing your calories in (good calories) has far more effect - I think many people still have this idea that it’s 2000 a day for women and 2500 for men, but in fact it’s far less than that if you have a sedentary lifestyle (as many of us do). I work full time and try and cook from scratch as much as possible - the freezer and slow cooker are my friends. I’m always amazed at the number of takeaways and ready meals that people buy - the calorie content (amongst other things) is horrific, as are the portion sizes