Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(47 Posts)
12Michael Mon 15-Jul-19 06:10:54

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey but dry start here in Brackley this morning, a quiet day for me.
Potter about ,and watch the cycling on TV .
Mick

BlueSapphire Mon 15-Jul-19 08:08:07

Good morning all from an overcast Northampton.

Dentist this morning, three replacement fillings plus an x-ray in preparation for a new crown. I am trying to be brave but not succeeding.... I shall make sure the dentist knows how terrified I am.

Trimmed the edges of the back lawn yesterday, which took me two hours; there seems to be miles of it. Can't use the strimmer, so have a nice new pair of long handled shears. It is somehow quite satisfying. I then had a mini Magnum from the freezer! Watched the end of the cricket while having tea.

Hope everyone enjoys their day.

GabriellaG54 Mon 15-Jul-19 08:09:56

Yeah...I thought that was kinda odd Marydoll as I had you down as a dainty lady.
I hope the next few days go smoothly for you and you get time to yourself. flowers

Grannycool52 Mon 15-Jul-19 08:11:47

Good morning, Everyone. It's another beautiful sunny morning here in Dublin - I can't quite believe it! Long may it last. I'm not normally a sports fan, but weren't the tennis & cricket exciting?
Hope today is a good one for all of you.

Marydoll Mon 15-Jul-19 08:12:50

Gabriella, I am small, but certainly not dainty. A wee bachle, like my late mother! grin

harrigran Mon 15-Jul-19 08:16:24

Good morning from a calm, sunny NE.
I have to have repeat blood tests this morning before I have a gastroscopy in the next week or so.
Lovely afternoon yesterday sitting in the garden, we were able to sit until 8pm.

Resurgam123 Mon 15-Jul-19 08:20:29

Good morning again .
I have just caught the first chance of getting my Green Flag renewal after hanging on for ages on Saturday.

It was worth me sitting up and ready at 8:am .
It was like winning a lottery.

aggie Mon 15-Jul-19 08:30:55

Good morning all , the sun is a bit shy this morning , peeping out , then retiring behind a cloud . I have been "home alone" since Thursday , but the neighbours are back this evening , They got the best of the sun .
Been fighting with a new crochet pattern , good for the little grey cells , if not the old blood pressure !

EllanVannin Mon 15-Jul-19 08:48:39

Good Morning All x
We have sun and warmth in the NW at last ! A bit of a breeze blowing but a great washing day so will strip all my layers off and get cracking this morning.

Quite a variety of goings-on in the GN households today with a bit of everything in the mix.
And NO gillybob, you're NOT ugly !! Naughty girl. Nobody is in my eyes. x

Hope everything goes well for everybody----appointments, funerals et al, always sad times.

Anniebach Mon 15-Jul-19 08:54:33

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

GabriellaG54 Mon 15-Jul-19 09:00:58

Thank you Anniebach Same good wishes to you. grin

Greyduster Mon 15-Jul-19 09:01:48

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire. I am still coming down to earth from the cricket yesterday. The most exciting match I’ve ever seen! Domestics for me today and then first school run of the week. Last week of school before the holidays.
marydoll ??. Have a good day folks.

Auntieflo Mon 15-Jul-19 09:17:13

Good morning Michael, Annie and all.
Not a lot planned for today, general tidying etc. DH starts his radiotherapy treatment tomorrow, but we have been lucky enough to get volunteer drivers for the first four days. Driving into Reading and trying to park at the hospital is a nightmare, for me anyway.
Yesterday saw the unveiling if our Fish Mosaic sculpture on our. Church. It looks stunning in the sunshine, and has been a long time in the planning. When the regeneration of our town centre is finished, it will be a focal point of Peach Plaza
The cake was a donation by one of the new cafes in the square. Greenfinch, and PennyJW, will know which one. What a kind gesture.
I will try and add a couple of photos

GabriellaG54 Mon 15-Jul-19 09:55:36

Mmm ? blueberries and lemon sponge...count me in Auntieflo.

What was the reason for the mosaic fish design and why on the church wall?
It certainly is good to have a community come together in that way and I trust it was a happy occasion with plenty of photos in the local press.
I'm glad to hear you have help with transport to hospital and I hope your DH benefits from the treatment.
flowerssmile

gillybob Mon 15-Jul-19 10:50:45

Why thank you Ellanvannin but to be fair, you haven't seen me grin

I love that fish mosaic Auntieflo it's so beautiful and I can just imagine it with the sun shining. smile

Legs55 Mon 15-Jul-19 10:58:50

Good morning all, lovely & sunny here in Devon. Came back yesterday after a lovely break in Worcestershire. Back down to earth, need to get out in the garden, could do with some rainhmm, overnight of course with sunny daysgrin.

Off into Town for a bit of shopping this morning

Have a lovely day all & hope all appointments go well

Justme67 Mon 15-Jul-19 11:53:13

I am very late this morning, but Good morning nearly afternoon to you all. Feeling sorry for myself today, for some unknown reason, my got up and go, just got up and went for about an hour, but a short walk round the garden, talking to the plants (yes I do!) and making sure everything was was looking bright, I decided life is good, and I have tomorrow to look forward to when I go out with friends for a good natter, coffee and cake, in the meantime, I am going to sit back for the rest of the morning with a crossword I can't do, and make myself a nice lunch. Enjoy your days.

wicklowwinnie Mon 15-Jul-19 13:24:52

What a wonderful finish for our great cricket team!!
A real boost for the country.

Auntieflo Mon 15-Jul-19 13:31:40

Gabriella, the Fish Mosaic was started out as a thought to celebrate the 200th anniversary of our Methodist church here in town. It seemed to be a popular idea with our congregation, and money was raised by individual donations, to sponsor a fish, small, medium or large, or by groups. They are all made of, I think, galvanised steel, and some are left as is, and others have been decorated by a mosaic artist. They are all slightly different.
The symbolism is in the numbers, 40, 12 etc. Our minister gave an excellent talk yesterday morning, giving us all the links to the symbolic numbers. I can’t remember them all, but here are a few.
There were 12 disciples, 40 days in Lent and Mosaic, being an old name for the Laws of Moses. Sorry I can’t do the back story more justice. I will have to do some homework blush

Sprout Mon 15-Jul-19 17:49:57

Hi everyone and Mick. Sorry it's late just returned from the weekend away which was wonderful. Hope everyone ok.

Greenfinch Mon 15-Jul-19 18:21:07

Lovely photos Auntieflo.The fish look impressive.It was nice of "our" café to donate a cake. Isn't that the one run by a local girl whose mother makes all the cakes ?

GabriellaG54 Mon 15-Jul-19 20:00:10

Thank you Auntieflo An interesting story and they do indeed look amazing. Whoever thought of the idea re the numbers is very clever. grin