Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(42 Posts)
12Michael Wed 17-Jul-19 06:25:55

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another warm begins, quit day , small shop, prepare for my weekend away.
As to those who asked as to bus journeys as they are infrequent and rural , once some people start to see you as a regular user they talk to you. Where the X5 is very much a commute coach service between Oxford and Cambridge , get the occasional chat.
mick

GabriellaG54 Wed 17-Jul-19 18:45:28

Legs55
So...what's it like being in a strait-jacket?

Legs55 Wed 17-Jul-19 11:37:02

Morning all from sunny?? Devon, keeps clouding here & threat of showers laterhmm

aggie I was lucky enough to see the eclipse last night about 10.30, standing outside talking on the phone to a friend from Manchester doing the same thinggrin anybody walking past would have thought I was talking to myself in the darkconfused, "they're coming to take me away haha hehe"grin

MawBroonsback Wed 17-Jul-19 11:20:30

Agree to differ then GG
(Wanders off to eat some more...just checking, you know)

Justme67 Wed 17-Jul-19 11:05:51

Good morning to you all, and oh dear! I am late again, but feel so much better because I had a perfect nights' sleep, and difficulty waking up/getting out of bed, and have at last got myself together, thank goodness. The weather is cloudy but stuffy, not the sort that I like, and so today, because I can, I am going to sit in the garden and THINK about what should be done. Good at that. Enjoy your days.

Hymnbook Wed 17-Jul-19 10:19:05

Morning everyone. Another hot restless night. Should have been meeting my sister but she's unwell. Going to the library. Bought some delicious cherries whilst on holiday in Kent last week. Sun not quite out yet . Hoping for good weather for the weekend birthday party for my sister and husband 60th. Hope everyone has a good day.

GabriellaG54 Wed 17-Jul-19 09:44:27

I beg to differ Mawbroonback
Those 'Perfect Pick' grown in Kent, are indeed, perfection, IMV. ?

MawBroonsback Wed 17-Jul-19 09:36:49

You can’t get better cherries than those from English Cherry, near me in Aspley Guise in Bedfordshire
? ? ?

GabriellaG54 Wed 17-Jul-19 09:19:37

Cherry picking

GabriellaG54 Wed 17-Jul-19 09:15:59

Good morning to all from sunny, pale-blue sky'd Godalming. ☀️?? where it's 18° rising to 23° at 1pm and remaining in the 20s till 9pm.

Right, I'm being nosey, where are you going at the weekend Mick? France?
Your daily travels must surely be a fixture on certain buses and it's so nice to see familiar faces.
I recognise our drivers but none of the passengers.
An uneventful early run ended in feeding ducks most of my blueberry muffin but no coffee.
It's such a pleasant spot to sit and watch the water traffic then I wandered into Waitrose to buy pasta and juice before walking home >> shower >> change.
M&S shortly to buy more of their perfect cherries. I rang to give the grower feedback and they asked me to send an email + photos which they then put in a book to show visitors and their auditors. I was happy to oblige.
Here's hoping you all have a great day whether idle or busy.
Thinking of you Marydoll and hoping today celebrates the life of your loving BiL in the best way possible. flowers

EllanVannin Wed 17-Jul-19 09:07:24

Good Morning All x
A fine morning but not a promising forecast for the rest of the day. A bit of a hit and miss summer here.

The QM2 looked fabulous as she sailed out of Liverpool last night. We who live on the other side can still get a good glimpse of these liners from our lovely prom.
Apparently there'll be 86 different cruise ships in Liverpool this year with thousands visiting the city.

Nothing planned for today as per usual but I'm not particularly bothered as I can do nothing lovely.

Gillybob leaves me breathless with the speed she gets through a morning.Well done to her.
Thoughts go to Marydoll today.
Everyone else enjoy your day whatever you do.Take care.

Mapleleaf Wed 17-Jul-19 09:06:29

Good morning everyone.
It's a beautiful day here so far. I intend spending some of it in the garden with my book.
Thinking of you today, Marydoll ?
Visiting SiL this evening for a catch up and cup of tea.
Hope today is kind to you all.

Auntieflo Wed 17-Jul-19 09:02:06

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all others.
Marydoll, thoughts are with you and your family for today, take care of yourself.
Gillybob, how do you do it, r.e.s.p.e.c.t . ?
It is another lovely sunny day, and I have a visit to a friend to look forward to later on.
Feeling a bit down this morning. Have to talk severely to myself.
Have a good day one and all

aggie Wed 17-Jul-19 09:00:54

I hope things go as well as possible today Marydoll xxx

dragonfly46 Wed 17-Jul-19 08:54:51

marydoll flowers

Anniebach Wed 17-Jul-19 08:54:24

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

aggie Wed 17-Jul-19 08:52:33

Good Morning all , wet here and it seems someone left the patio doors open last night ! confused
I was popping in and out trying to see the moon eclipse , but no sightings

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 17-Jul-19 08:46:47

Good morning from east London, little bit cloudy, still warm. Took GD swimming at our local pool after school yesterday. Couldn’t understand how it could be ‘full, one out,one in’ but it was perfectly clear when we did get in, was that there was only the tiniest bit of pool (once the diving area) available as everywhere else had swimming lessons until 7 when children have to leave the pool. (Maybe that should be another thread). She enjoyed herself tho. Charity shop drop this morning, school pick up and GD gymnastics, then mixed tennis match this eve. DSD has asked us to go and help decorate/sort out her flat in st Leonard’s, not quite the break I want given the building work going on here at the moment. Have the best day you can.

Sprout Wed 17-Jul-19 08:11:48

Thinking of you Marydoll

Lins1066 Wed 17-Jul-19 08:11:28

Good Morning Mick and all.

Warm and sunny here on S Wales Coast. Sky was clear last night to see the partial eclipse.

Physio appointment at local hospital at 1, probably a coffee somewhere on the way home.

Have a good day.
Thinking of Marydoll and family ?

Grammaretto Wed 17-Jul-19 08:05:31

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Overcast but we mowed the grass yesterday thankfully.
I shall think of you Marydoll today.

My cousin's last day before she flies back to the States so we must go somewhere nice with her if there's time.

NannyJan53 Wed 17-Jul-19 08:00:24

Good Morning from another cloudy but warm Black Country.

Enjoyed DGD's school play yesterday, even though I cannot hear everything said (wear hearing aids), the girls were happy I was there. Parents went to the evening performance. It ended with a marriage proposal between two women. How times have changed from our day at Primary School.

Eldest is 11 in August and goes to Secondary School in September. DD Whats Apped her report last night, it was an absolute pleasure to read! Works hard, well behaved and respectful, not a negative at all. She is a lovely girl! Proud Nan boast over smile

This morning have to follow Partner to the Garage for repairs on his car, then take him back to collect it later this afternoon. He will work from home. So will try and pop out to give him some quiet.

I am envious Urmston, we usually go to Malaga in September, but this year we are going to Croatia. So will miss our Spanish trip this year. Hope to sneak in a cheeky long weekend perhaps April/May next year though.

Thinking of Marydoll today

Greyduster Wed 17-Jul-19 07:59:08

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Going to be warm again in South Yorkshire. I slept like a top last night. DH is having his new TV delivered today and set up today. The engineer will probably take one look at the spaghetti junction of wires at the back of our existing set and take to his heels in panic! Anyway, I am staying out of the way.
Marydoll ? for today. Have a good day folks.

NanKate Wed 17-Jul-19 07:52:47

Morning Mick and All.

Sunny and warm in South Bucks.

Will be thinking of you today Mary ?

Gillybob how do you manage looking after your Dad, a baby and your DGC, as well as going to that place ? I take my hat off to you.

Off to Rummykub today.

Resurgam123 Wed 17-Jul-19 07:50:34

Good Morning All
Bright cloud cover at present.
Oh beigecardigans! Its the sort of thing I might do these days. You won't be the last person.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 17-Jul-19 07:31:55

Morning all from a sunny South Notts.
Hope the funeral goes all right Marydoll.
A quiet day planned. I have to wait a few hours more before I can check if the mobile phone has survived its swim in the washing machine. It has been dismantled and hopefully is drying nicely between two slices of bread. Silly me.
Hope today is kind to everyone.