Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(44 Posts)
12Michael Fri 19-Jul-19 06:19:57

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey but a dry start here in Brackley this morning.
Today , just a little bit of packing left , before I go on my weekend break , coach trip.
I am going to the peoples republic of Yorkshire , and will be staying at Warner's at Nidd Hall , we have 2 trips out one into Harrogate itself, where I want to sort some things out prior to returning next Septembers world cycling road race championships..
And Sunday will be time in York , before travelling back on Monday , to post Tuesday morning.
Mick

NannyJan53 Fri 19-Jul-19 08:13:01

Good Morning from a very rainy Black Country. Glad we decided not to camp today for Upton Blues Festival. Booked into a hotel for Saturday night. Sunday is supposed to be the better day.

Had a busy day yesterday. Took 1 hour 20 mins to drive to sons flat, wait for the bed to be delivered. Then back to be in time for DGD2's Leavers Assembly. Most of the girls were in tears at the end, as most of them have been together since Playgroup days. DGD is the only one going to her Secondary school, as they moved in February. She was given an award for 'Learning and Achieving' and had a little plaque!

You will love York Mick, we last went 2012 and keep meaning to go back. Harrogate and Durham are also on our list of towns to visit. Bill Bryson in his book 'Notes from Little Island' said of Durham, " why did no-one tell me how lovely this town is?" Dear reader, you must go...take my car! smile I often wonder if anyone took him up on his offer.

Welcome to Bordersgirl57

Wishing everyone a lovely day

harrigran Fri 19-Jul-19 08:25:00

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Had a pleasant day with teenage GD, lunch at a very decent restaurant then stayed on to see DIL when she returned from work. It was her birthday but no time to celebrate as family had activities to attend.
Thunder is forecast today.

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 19-Jul-19 08:29:39

Good morning from east London where it’s dull with rain spotting.We’re starting tennis at 9 (coach’s idea) as rain is due when he normally runs his session. Builders have really got going, drilling in the basement and my view at the moment is a pair of legs belonging to whoever is doing external decs and repairs. DP wants to take all the pictures off the wall today ready for the inside decs. May have a small person to collect later and we’re out into London tonight to see a band. Wonder if I’ll sleep thro that. Have a good day

harrigran Fri 19-Jul-19 08:31:54

You will love Durham, that is where we were yesterday, just don't wear high heels.

Persistentdonor Fri 19-Jul-19 08:37:26

Morning all from a very wet Torbay.
Hope you had a lovely birthday yesterday Legs, and many thanks to everyone for the kind wishes.

Hope today is a good day for everyone - I am off to the GP for a liver function test!

dragonfly46 Fri 19-Jul-19 08:44:05

Good morning from grey Leicestershire.

Not posted for awhile as time been taken up with hospital visits and I like to stay upbeat. One more visit today for DH then DD and SiL coming for the weekend.

I spent my teenage years in Leeds so know York and Harrogate well. Wrote my final thesis on Harrogate. Hope you have a lovely weekend Mick.

Hope you enjoyed your day at Tatten we went some years ago and enjoyed it more than Chelsea.

Hope you get a rest today Marydoll

dragonfly46 Fri 19-Jul-19 08:44:48

Meant to say hope you enjoyed your day Gilly

Urmstongran Fri 19-Jul-19 08:46:50

Good morning everyone from South Manchester. We are not a million miles from you Resurgam and it’s grey and wet here too.

Hope you have a great weekend Mick I love Harrogate (and Betty’s tea shop) but haven’t been to York since the 80’s.

Gorgeous roses Bella and you do indeed have a very thoughtful daughter.

Hello to Bordersgirl on this thread. I’ve seen your posts on others but this one of Mick’s is one of the nicest!

I’m late on here this morning best get a wriggle on. I’m meeting a friend in a couple of hours who is recently widowed. Her poor husband had cancer of the throat and his last few months don’t bear thinking about.

Hope Friday is good to us all (you too gillybob!) whether we have plans or none. x

Alygran Fri 19-Jul-19 08:49:10

Good morning from a cloudy North Yorkshire. Rain promised for later.
Mick enjoy Harrogate and York. Hope you see the sun shining on these two lovely places.
Had a beautiful walk in the dales yesterday and sat by the lower falls at Aysgarth to catch our breath.
Ironing and hair cut for me today before having overnight visitors who are walking in Teasdale.
Hope everyone has a good day.

oldgaijin Fri 19-Jul-19 08:56:31

Good morning from a bright'ish, dry'ish Aberdeenshire. Haven't been feeling too great recently, hence no posts but have perked up a bit after two weeks of no chemo. I see the oncologist on Monday so all will be revealed as to what's going on inside, literally, as I had a CT scan this week.
The mutt is well and looks a very handsome boy after his grooming session, tho' he doesn't appreciate smelling like a rose! He got a new squeaky toy for being such a good lad and it is driving me nuts!
Have a great day everyone.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 19-Jul-19 08:57:51

Morning all from an overcast South Notts.
Visiting sister later on today, I'm hoping they'll be able to explain some of the stuff on the new phone though understand the basics. Can't help thinking that for many things a pen and paper would be a lot simpler.
Enjoy your weekend Mick.
Hope all is well with everyone.

Anniebach Fri 19-Jul-19 08:58:56

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

vena11 Fri 19-Jul-19 09:10:14

Morning all. Terrible rain here at the moment in Bristol. I am standing at the window and enjoying watching all the boat sailing up the river making their way to Bristol Harbour. Its the yearly harbour festival this weekend I just hope the weather picks up for it.

gillybob Fri 19-Jul-19 09:12:56

Well I’m so glad we went to Tatton yesterday as it’s absolutely lashing down here today ! ( not sure where here is mind you but it’s somewhere in Cheshire) blimey there’s some seriously rich people live in these parts. Stuck in traffic yesterday I was “mansion watching” ! Anyway Yesterday’s weather was okay, not great, but I still really enjoyed the experience. Saw Adam Frost from TV . I doubt you could walk round at all in this rain . Poor people who have bought advance tickets what a wash out !

So glad it’s Friday x

aggie Fri 19-Jul-19 09:16:13

I saw Tatton on TV last night , was thinking about you gillyand hoping you enjoyed it

Legs55 Fri 19-Jul-19 10:10:53

Good morning Mick enjoy your trip to "God's Own County", I was brought up in Yorkshire & love York. Morning all from a wet Devon, the gardens & farmers need this rain. I had a lovely day out yesterday for my Birthday, tired after all the walking around, day of housework & a bit of shopping for me. Need to catch up on the ironinghmm, not my favourite job but must be done. Family coming tomorrow for a late Birthday treatcafe & cupcake plus my lovely DGSs, what could be nicersmile

Hymnbook Fri 19-Jul-19 10:35:55

Morning everyone. Light rain cloudy and windy. Was hoping for nice weather tomorrow . Birthday party at my sisters. Phoning every where to try and get nails done tomorrow but no luck every where booked up. Own fault for leaving it so late. Hope everyone has a good day.

NanKate Fri 19-Jul-19 17:16:54

Have a great time NannyJan at the Blues Festival. We are great Blues/Gospel/Soul fans in this house and we are original rock and rollers ? just a bit past our sell by date.