Gransnet forums

Chat

Flippin' chocolate and no self control. [shame]

(53 Posts)
Gonegirl Sat 20-Jul-19 12:05:48

Younger grandson visiting on Thursday and I have made the very big mistake of putting his usual chocolate on my today's grocery order.

You can guess the rest.

Sigh.

BlueSapphire Sun 21-Jul-19 10:56:56

I buy the mini Magnums - I don't feel quite so guilty...

maddyone Sun 21-Jul-19 00:30:42

I’m another one, DH buys those packs of small Cadbury bars for the grandchildren, but I eat them. Then I replace them, and eat those too. It’s surprising that the grandchildren ever get any at all.
But I agree, Cadbury chocolate isn’t what it used to be, but it’s a massive improvement on Hersheys, that is disgusting. I go chocolate free when I visit America.

annep1 Sat 20-Jul-19 23:52:34

One exception to not eating milk chocolate - giant chocolate buttons melting on your tongue. I can almost taste them.

Callistemon Sat 20-Jul-19 23:03:25

It was a bit melty so I had to eat it lemongrove
Sorree!! wink

mosaicwarts Sat 20-Jul-19 22:48:46

Anyone else have hot choc powder on vanilla ice cream as a kid in the 60's? Didn't have any chocolate in the house and thought I'd try it ... with cocoa powder! Didn't realise how horribly bitter it was! Found the Options hot chocolate afterwards but very different to the taste I remembered.

I love love love chocolate, especially the Guylian seashells and Reese's cups. I do recommend the Aldi Titan bars, a mixture of Milky Way and a Mars.

Grammaretto Sat 20-Jul-19 22:41:18

You didn't fatten me gonegirl . You just made me crave choc. I will survive cupcake

merlotgran Sat 20-Jul-19 22:22:29

Not me. Don't like chocolate but please will somebody keep me away from crisps?

Gonegirl Sat 20-Jul-19 22:19:59

In one fell swoop I have fattened all Gransnetters across the country. I am so sorry. sad

gringringrin

lemongrove Sat 20-Jul-19 22:13:40

Gonegirl this is all your fault.....I have just eaten half a block of Sainsbury fruit and nuts choc whilst watching tv.?
It was de-licious! grin
Thanks Callistemon I shall wait eagerly for it to arrive in the post.
I agree Gonegirl that lolly looks good, called a Nuii.

Grammaretto Sat 20-Jul-19 21:50:08

montezuma do real drinking chocolate as solid discs. It used to be flakes. But there is none..........left

Grammaretto Sat 20-Jul-19 21:42:07

Whatever the question, the answer is chocolate.
Reading your posts has brought on a craving and there is no chocolate in the house.
My favourites were tiffin bars (remember those?) and buttons.
I never liked Black Magic or actually any boxed chocs.
Does anyone remember carob bars? They were disgusting IMO but I ate them if there wasn't any chocolate. Why carob? are they vegan perhaps.

Glammy57 Sat 20-Jul-19 21:14:53

I have no self-control when it comes to chocolate. Try not to keep any in the house but if I buy some, it’s greedily devoured in one sitting! ?

Happychops Sat 20-Jul-19 21:06:57

Sorry it should say I would need to replenish before that arrived,I hit post message and should of hit preview

Happychops Sat 20-Jul-19 21:04:52

I have to join the shame club, as I cannot leave chocolate if I know it’s there.The grandchildren are visiting and have bought really healthy fruit treats for them. As I would eat all the chocolate and probably need to replenish before that before they arrive. Sadly I used to always have to replace Xmas and Easter chocolate,I swear it talks to me lol?

Pantglas1 Sat 20-Jul-19 19:48:36

Like couple of others on here, I’m more of a savoury snicker - who can eat just one peanut?

Saw a sign in our local chocolatier ‘Why can’t a man be as satisfying as chocolate?’ Actually, I can go months without chocolate.......lol! wink

Evie64 Sat 20-Jul-19 19:43:38

paddyann, grate it have a teaspoon full! No, no and thrice I say no grin. Great that you have that amount of self control, sadly I don't......

Gonegirl Sat 20-Jul-19 19:43:01

I want one of these new ones they're advertising. White chocolate with crunchy cookie bits.

Pretty please.

Callistemon Sat 20-Jul-19 19:40:56

Me neither, so I think it's time, I will send you the other one lemongrove!

lemongrove Sat 20-Jul-19 19:38:45

I haven’t had a choc Magnum since last year.?

lemongrove Sat 20-Jul-19 19:37:37

I think all this forgetting to take your choccy gifts when visiting is suspiciously convenient ( for you, that is!) grin

Callistemon Sat 20-Jul-19 19:36:55

I will, I will

Please enjoy this one:

Unfortunately, this post will probably be deleted as it is advertising grin

Gonegirl Sat 20-Jul-19 19:34:42

Callistemon that is called letting the side down. Go and eat one now. And chuck one my way.

Mamissimo Sat 20-Jul-19 19:28:07

I have the breaking strength of a kit kat! ?

Witzend Sat 20-Jul-19 19:21:53

I recently bought a box of Ferrero Rocher for a dd - and then completely forgot to give them to her last time I saw her.
Last night I remembered that they were lurking in the bottom of the sideboard.
Nuff sed.
Dh and a visiting sister did help me make them disappear, though.

Callistemon Sat 20-Jul-19 16:28:41

[smug]
the Magnums are all still in the freezer