Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's welcoming kitchen for all in need of a hearty blether.

(1001 Posts)
soop Mon 22-Jul-19 12:19:52

Welcome to all...it's good to have your company. You are special peoples. flowers sunshine wine cupcake smile

Bellanonna Mon 22-Jul-19 19:00:18

Galen ?

aggie Mon 22-Jul-19 19:01:35

Oh Galen how awful , xxxx

Nannytopsy Mon 22-Jul-19 19:15:14

As if the day wasn’t already awful for you Galen. So sorry.

Galen Mon 22-Jul-19 19:37:46

Thanks. I’ve survived!
Suspect tomorrow will be worse, depends who’s PM

GrannyGravy13 Mon 22-Jul-19 20:17:39

Galen sending hugs ???

Luckygirl Mon 22-Jul-19 20:22:24

Galen - flowers from me too.

I am struggling to keep up with all the messages and I have only just arrived in the kitchen! Perhaps my brain is just not speedy enough.

Love the GGC pic - they have such zest for life!

Happy nth birthday GrannyGravy1!

Someone in to clean the oven - now that is true decadence!

Has anyone had the heatwave yet? - there's a bit of sun now, but it has been grey (but warm) all day. Maybe tomorrow - sunshine to go with the PM news - I feel I might need it! Managed to get OH into the garden in wheelchair for a few minutes in this flash of evening sun. The sunsets from here are beautiful and not to be missed - and I have grabbed a molecule of VitD!

Lins1066 Mon 22-Jul-19 20:27:28

Galen hugs from me too ?

Izabella Mon 22-Jul-19 20:37:25

Galen flowers and luckygirl hope things improve.

Very brief from me. Totally whacked but content next to the Irish sea with friends.

TOYA

Greyduster Mon 22-Jul-19 20:43:59

Good evening the new kitchen! This is the first chance I have had to look in as the blasted WiFi has been down most of the afternoon and evening. When it did come back on, DH had commandeered my iPad for his soup recipe. He made soup. Who their right mind makes soup when temperatures are in the eighties? It is very good soup though!

Ah! Small children and puddles! A match made in heaven, Soop. Mila is a treasure and growing up so fast!

N&G your dinner certainly looks appetising! Culinary talent and a burgeoning beauty - what a girl! No, not you, N&G! The QOTU!?

Galen ?.

Oh good! The dog up the road that has been barking it’s head off for about half an hour has decided to shut up just as we are preparing to abandon the garden and go in. We might squeeze five more minutes.......
I found a photo about half an hour ago that my GS purportedly WhatsApp’d on Wednesday. He’s holding some sort right of a trophy but I’ve no idea what it is for and am intrigued to find out when he comes tomorrow. Have a pleasant evening. TOYA!

Galen Mon 22-Jul-19 21:15:20

TOYA

mumofmadboys Mon 22-Jul-19 21:39:30

I have to be very brave. Tomorrow our old dog who is nearly 16 is being put to sleep by the vet in the afternoon. We have had her since she was 8 weeks old. So sad.

Nannylovesshopping Mon 22-Jul-19 21:47:32

That is heartbreaking, you obviously know it’s the kindest thing you can do for her, buts it’s so hard to say goodbye to a faithful friend, will be thinking of you tomorrow

Urmstongran Mon 22-Jul-19 21:51:29

The tears will flow tomorrow momb our animals become family members don’t they?

Hello to everyone in the smart new kitchen. I don’t call in often enough and you are such lovely, supportive and kind people

? for you Galen that must have been a heartbreaking ‘reminder’.

It’s warm and muggy tonight. I slept badly last night so I’m already tired. I think I’m off to my bed as it’s an early get up tomorrow. Over to mind the grandchildren on the first day of their summer holidays and mummy doesn’t finish at her school till Thursday.

We will need our energy!

TOYA. Hope that’s right? x

lemongrove Mon 22-Jul-19 22:18:50

mumofmadboys very sad to lose a loved pet after all those years, even when it’s the right thing to do sad

lemongrove Mon 22-Jul-19 22:22:07

Am not here for a blether, but rather for a huge slice of virtual cake, ginger for preference, but would accept date and walnut or lemon drizzle.
Trying to lose weight so even looking at a slice of cake in the RW is out! ?

gransal Mon 22-Jul-19 22:34:45

momb my heart goes out to you. Went through the same thing and you know you are doing the right thing but oh my how it hurts.

Nannytopsy Mon 22-Jul-19 23:27:41

MOMB thanks. Our elderly cat is hanging on in there but we don’t know for how long. Mind you, if he wakes me at 4am again tomorrow. .... grin

mumofmadboys Mon 22-Jul-19 23:29:37

We lost our cat last November aged 18 and a half. They grew old together!

gransal Mon 22-Jul-19 23:55:44

momb we lost our beloved cat aged 19 yrs. about 2 years ago. I know it sounds nutty but I still catch glimpses of him . I am not an airy fairy type of person so I think I am just holding on. Thoughts are with you.

kittylester Tue 23-Jul-19 06:43:57

Lots of hugs galen. flowers

It's hard, momb but a very loving thing to do. thanks

n&g I'm happy to give The Queen of the Universe house room if necessary!

I plan to garden this morning and then watch the political events unfold!

cornergran Tue 23-Jul-19 07:33:26

Hugs from me too galen.

I’m avoiding the political stuff kitty, enough on my mind. We’re meeting friends for coffee then plan to find some shade and watch the world go by. Gardening? Bit warm for that. Remember lots of water.

More hugs for you mumof, I’ve done the same three times. So hard.

Soup greyd? Much healthier than the large portion of chocolate ice cream consumed here yesterday. grin

TOYA, keep cool everyone.

Nannytopsy Tue 23-Jul-19 07:35:35

Are you a masochist Kitty? Mind you, I think we shall all be there to see the full horror unfold!

annsixty Tue 23-Jul-19 08:06:56

MOMB flowers it will be sad day but you are loving to do it.
My TV will stay firmly off.
I very sticky night and Molly was so restless with the heat, she is, of course, now fast asleep.

Out for coffee this morning and my GD is coming to stay the night as she has the day off tomorrow and we can spend it together.
Sincerest good wishes to Galen. Difficult times.

TOYA

Greyduster Tue 23-Jul-19 08:13:36

Things are looking up - I actually have a signal on the iPad this morning! Probably won’t last.

Momb it’s a sorry thing to have to say goodbye to our animals. We have done it too. She had a good long happy life with you so that will be some consolation I’m sure.?

We are planning to take GS into the Peak District today - to do what I’m not sure, but I hope we will find some cooling stream to sit by (us and half the world probably!). We had thought to go canoeing in the local country park, but the lakes are infected with some sort of toxic algae so that’s a non starter. If all else fails, we can come home and he and grandad can get the water guns out!

I will look in later. Have a pleasant day, kitcheners.

dragonfly46 Tue 23-Jul-19 08:17:10

Galen [flowers}

Mumofmadboys so sorry to hear about your dear pet. It is heart breaking when you have to let them go.

Oh well off to see the oncologist today and hoping she is in accordance with my surgeon. I rather suspect there is a power struggle happening there but we shall see.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion