Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(43 Posts)
12Michael Thu 25-Jul-19 06:19:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another clear blue sky start here in Brackley this morning, I am in two minds whether to stay put and just watch the cycling or brave the heat which peaks around 3-4 this afternoon and do my usual bus trips to Buckingham and Bicester c/w water .
Mick

gillybob Thu 25-Jul-19 08:27:52

Good morning from the NE coast where it is forecast a very warm day, with thunder storms predicted later on, set to continue over the next few days ? hmm typical that I spent last weekend away in torrential rain and it looks like I might be spending this weekend at home in torrential rain again ! I really needed to get some jobs done in the garden this weekend.

I have little Evie over the weekend as DD is working so it would have been nice to spend some time outside with her .

Well that’s me off to “that place” thank goodness it’s Thursday .

Thinking of those who are not feeling very well flowers

Have a good day everyone x

NanKate Thu 25-Jul-19 08:32:41

Morning Mick and All.

Last full day on hols. Off to the Art Deco theatre in Bournemouth for the matinee, will have the air con on constantly in the car. It’s slightly cooler here than back home in South Bucks. Normal weather resumes tomorrow. ?

EllanVannin Thu 25-Jul-19 08:32:45

Good Morning All x
Another lovely day with a gorgeous breeze from the sea blowing the curtains and wafting some air through from the back kitchen to the living room. All curtains closed, but patio door open.

I've kept moderately cool by not going out plus I've slept well too and didn't hear the storm the other night. All 3 cats go into hiding to find their cool specks somewhere.

Hoovered and tidied everywhere this morning----in just my pyjama bottoms before it heats up. I feel a jolly sight better in this weather than I do when it's cold !
The only thing I can't do is eat properly, sandwiches and fruit yesterday and the same today---with half a gallon of water through the day. It does no harm.

Keep as cool as you can everyone especially those in-land where it is hotter than the coast. Enjoy the day.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 25-Jul-19 08:41:00

Morning all from an already hot South Notts. Am surprised to see a 'thermometer' on the new phone - which says 24 degrees - plenty hot enough I think.
A lazy day today but off to quilting this evening.
Hope all is well with you all.

GabriellaG54 Thu 25-Jul-19 08:43:59

A very good sweltering morning to you all.
26° now rising to 34°??? this avo.
Completed my run at 06.40 as we spent 90 mins on a pretty steep and uneven route so I must have lost pounds in sweat - I was knackered.
After a long cool shower I felt much better and had a rhubarb yogurt and cappuccino - my only coffee of the day. Water from now on.
I'm doing JS for the rest of the day with shutters partially closed and fans doing overtime.
I'm sure that all of us will take the usual precautions when out and about in (what is to us in the UK) extreme heat and for those who aren't having the best of times...?flowers
Take care smile

gma Thu 25-Jul-19 08:47:37

Morning all gransnetters! Very breezy here in. Norwich, but forecast very high temps! I slept so well last night, best nights sleep for ages! Must do a bit of housework today, no washing or ironing though!!
Off to Theatre this evening to see Matilda with family, it’s had brilliant reviews and I’m so looking forward to it.
Cold meal today! Too warm for cooking, although I do fancy a curry!
Keep ? cool

harrigran Thu 25-Jul-19 08:56:56

Good morning from a sunny NE, 20 degrees and rising.
I have a hospital appointment this evening for a gastroscopy, can't eat after eleven and nothing to drink after three, just what I need on a hot day.

Resurgam123 Thu 25-Jul-19 09:16:11

O I have had a late morning. My excuse was getting some sugar water for the first peacock buttefly I have seen in ages.

Pittcity Thu 25-Jul-19 09:33:54

Good morning from hot Colchester. 28 at present. The sun has not quite broken through the thin cloud yet.
I feel tired and headachy in this humid close weather and so do as little as possible.

Mapleleaf Thu 25-Jul-19 09:41:31

Good morning from a very warm South Yorkshire- the thermometer reads 26C. We are in for a scorcher today, though thunder is predicted for this evening.
I think it might be a bit too hot for travelling about on buses today, Mick, so unless you really need to go out, I think you’d be better staying put. I intend doing just that today!
Whatever your plans for the day, I hope it’s a good one. Keep well hydrated. ?

Gonegirl Thu 25-Jul-19 09:47:32

harrigran sad Hope the hours fly by and it's soon over and done with.

Legs55 Thu 25-Jul-19 10:52:44

Good morning all from a very sunny Devon. We had a power cut last night starting at 8.40 & finally repaired at 2.40 this morning,very late night for me or should I say early morning. All my washing up to do now & get back to normalhmm. Probably enjoy time in the garden latersunshine

nonnasusie Thu 25-Jul-19 11:17:32

A late good day from a very hot Italy, 40 c on the shade and I've just been mopping the floor! A poignant day as it's 24 years since my 1st husband was killed in a road accident. To all those recently widowed it does get easier with time. I have remarried and I am happy again!

Notsooldat75 Thu 25-Jul-19 12:12:18

It’s baking hot here in Norwich! No dog walking, just a quick wee walk, fan going full blast and curtains drawn, not a lot on telly except the hurly burly of the House of Commons!
I’ve known school children who behave better!

winifred01 Thu 25-Jul-19 13:03:13

Mick,as you were writing I was walking in Broughton Park Buckingham. Cool by the river, only a few dog walkers and joggers-lovely town .

Agranbytheendofthesummer Thu 25-Jul-19 18:08:42

Just found this thread; who is Mick?

Greyduster Thu 25-Jul-19 18:15:54

Welcome agranbytheendofthesummer (that’s a long one?!). 12Michael, aka Mick, starts this thread off every morning, and has done since time immemorial, after which we all jump in. The only time you will see someone else start the thread is if Mick is going to be away. It’s generally accepted and works very well.