Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(43 Posts)
12Michael Fri 26-Jul-19 06:15:45

Good Morning Everyone,
its a blue sky but cloudy start here in Brackley this morning.
My thermometer is showing 28C in the kitchen.
Usual shop , then watch the Tour De France from midday could be the deciding stage.
Mick

NfkDumpling Fri 26-Jul-19 08:00:52

Morning All

A still, overcast 20c this morning in the north of Norfolk - and I went swimming in the North Sea at eight o’clock yesterday evening! The beach and sea were still busy until we left at sunset. (27 c there according to our car).

We had a wonderful storm last night so the garden has been watered. Nothing planned for today apart from a bit of garden pottering.

Brunette10 Fri 26-Jul-19 08:28:33

Good Morning from a bright and warm Fife. It's so good to have lovely warm weather for a change here so making the most. Late start today, very tired for some reason, it must be the heat smile. Not sure what our plans are for today but will enjoy whatever the day flings at me. Have a good day all.

oldgaijin Fri 26-Jul-19 08:36:11

Good morning from a cool, fresh Aberdeenshire. We haven't had the searing heat that they've had in the South and there was a bit of rain in the night. The mutt and I are off to the woods this morning for a chase with his mates...he has a new bestie, a four month old German Shepherd who loves to romp. Before then, I have to label and find space for fourteen jars of rasp jam which I made yesterday. Have a cool day everyone.

Urmstongran Fri 26-Jul-19 08:36:19

Good morning everyone - a beautiful start here in South Manchester where the sun is shining but there is a delightfully cool breeze too. So different to yesterday but somehow I think it’ll still hot up. Unlike you Gabriella I never check the stats - I just look out of my window ha! - but I enjoy reading yours.

Hope you enjoy the cycling today Mick sounds as though things are ‘hotting up’ in more ways than one!

I have my wash ‘n blow at the hair salon at noon. Then over to see my father - he’s been neglected these last few days as we’ve been minding the smalls. I’ll ring to see if he would like any heavy shopping taken round.

We are off to Spain tomorrow teatime - I can’t wait and this weather will have gotten (still love that word) me acclimatised!

A big shout out for you gillybob hope you enjoy some fine weather this weekend after your drenching in Tatton and Knutsford this time last week.

Hope Friday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

gillybob Fri 26-Jul-19 08:37:27

Good morning from the NE coast . Very heavy rain expected this weekend, severe weather warnings have been issued, which is typical.

Have a good Friday everyone x

Urmstongran Fri 26-Jul-19 08:39:02

X posts gillybob. Oh noooo!! That’s beyond mean for you.
?

MawBroonsback Fri 26-Jul-19 08:43:33

Good morning all from a cooler but still muggy N Bucks.
It was a sticky night too wasn’t it? And a late one for me as I didn’t get to bed until 1. But that was after 4 blissfully cool hours in an air conditioned little cinema with a glass of chilled white at my elbow and a good friend for company watching The Lehman Trilogy. Stunning play!
May venture down to London later today to see DD and baby DGS but need to check if the trains are running properly before I commit!
Wishing you all a pleasant day [sun]

aggie Fri 26-Jul-19 08:45:02

Good Morning all ,the sun has been beating down but the shades have kept us coolish , however the clouds are rolling in just as I take the washing out of the machine !
Started a new crochet blanket yesterday and liking it so far , darker colours have been asked for , so darker it is .
The fields round here look ready for harvesting , but it is too early , I hope the expected rain doesn't batter it down

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 26-Jul-19 08:45:04

Morning all from a warm South Notts. It's meant to be cooler today and the sky looks a bit cloudy and grey. I went out into the garden to water the roses early.
Last night went to quilting at a community room in our local supermarket and the air conditioning was lovely - it was the first time we felt cool all day. When we came out at 9.15 it felt like walking into a hairdryer.
Will visit sister later and am drinking even more tea than usual to cool down.
Hope all is well with everyone. Keep cool.

Pittcity Fri 26-Jul-19 08:57:23

Good morning from sunny Colchester. It's going to be 10 degrees cooler here today than yesterday....only reaching 27 degrees!
Spectacular storm yesterday evening has cleared the air.
I must do all the chores that I've avoided in the heat and fill up the freezer before the wet weekend.

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 26-Jul-19 09:10:38

Good morning from East London, where after no rain overnight,it’s cooler with fits and starts of thunder showers. So i’m sitting here in my tennis kit waiting to hear if the coach and play session will go ahead at 10. Then again, sometimes we get weather here totally different to where the club is 4 miles away. Builders in full swing, today a staircase is being fitted to the loft (previously we’ve had a ladder) so can’t get into my bedroom for a bit. Have a good day.

Anniebach Fri 26-Jul-19 09:22:33

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Mapleleaf Fri 26-Jul-19 09:34:53

Good morning,
It's raining now, but seems to be brightening up a bit. I think we are in for a morning of sunshine and showers. It's still warm, though not as hot as yesterday, which was a bit too hot for me. I know some people love the heat, but yesterday was just too uncomfortable for me.
Congratulations on your golden wedding, silverlining - I hope you and Mr silverlining are enjoying your break. ?
I'm glad you were able to get the kindle sorted for your SiL, Marydoll. Hope all goes well with the laptops.
Enjoy today, everyone. ?

Harris27 Fri 26-Jul-19 09:56:41

Well I'm bushed! Never slept wth the heat and working till 5.30? Praying for a cooler day. Asthma doesn't cope well with this heat! Back to work tomorrow as we have an open day lots of things planned and rain predicted! Typical.have a good Friday especially gillybob!

Justme67 Fri 26-Jul-19 10:29:28

Late again this morning, but the weather is such that I do not sleep until the early hours and then wake up late, but I can please myself what I do and when, so very little gets done with this hot weather, although this morning there were some rain spots, or maybe just heat spots, so hopefully the temperature is dropping just enough to make it possible to do simple tasks. Take care everyone, drink plenty of water and keep in the shade until everything is back to normal. Enjoy the weekend.

Jayj Fri 26-Jul-19 10:45:11

Morning folks.
Just thought you may like to see our stormy weather here.
On Tuesday it was 31.9 degrees in the afternoon and then in the evening we had thunder and lightning which you might like to see?! If you go to burnham-on-sea.com you will find video and photos there.
Enjoy your day everyone

Hymnbook Fri 26-Jul-19 11:15:28

Morning only just got up. Catching up with sleep. Cooler this morning. Sun is peeping through. Got parcels to post go to the greengrocers. Hope everyone is well and you'll all have a good day.