Gransnet forums

Chat

Kidsfluences

(29 Posts)
BlueBelle Fri 26-Jul-19 08:05:05

Just seen an item about this on ITV and I m truly horrified
www.intellectualtakeout.org/article/rise-kidfluencers-and-sharenting-cause-concern

A few weeks ago a man came in the charity shop and asked us if we would display a poster advertising his daughters’ (about 7 or 8 year old) youtube ‘ business’ of promoting toys she gets paid to try out and try to influence other kids to buy thankfully my manager refused politely but I m think this is AWFUL and I ve just watched on TV a woman who has now set up monthly ‘summer schools’ to train children and get them promotions

I m gobsmacked and horrified

Sara65 Sat 27-Jul-19 08:45:20

Bradfordlass.

That makes very scary reading

harrigran Sat 27-Jul-19 09:22:03

I have noticed GD watching programmes on the computer that show children having the run of toy shops or doing weird things in a big house and garden. Last week I was horrified to see that the child with a team of helpers completely covered the kitchen in multicoloured post it notes so that you could not see anything but coloured paper. They also gift wrapped every item of food and kitchen equipment as a surprise for when the parents returned home.
This is taking stupid to the next level.

GrannyBeek Sat 27-Jul-19 10:19:55

notanan2 I think the problem now is these things appearing on social media open to all manner of unsavoury people.

Thats only a problem if the kids are DMing fans unsupervised

Not just that. My DIL is a Detective Sergeant and has seen what paedophiles do with, and to, photos of children including stills from videos. Beyond shocking.